It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all of you that think that Iran is the big bad wolf.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

I am sorry to say that you are under the influence of propaganda, the term you are looking for is "apostasy" and was abolished in 1979. The only sources I could find for your claims was christianpost.com and british national party's site, hardly anything I would want to be assosiated with. The reason for the spin is a 2008 proposal to reinstate this practice.

35.000 Jews not a high number? In Norway there are ca. 1500 and 1 synagogue, in Denmark between 7-8000. And they are not Muslim countries or what?

My point is that the war mongering from the U.S, Israel and the MSM is unfounded.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I can give you links to more translations that is not translated by propagandists if you want...

Sorry to interfere, but i would like a link - not translated by propagandist - that has Ahmadinejad or any other important Iranian official saying the word ISRAEL. Can you do this?

What is yor point... "Saying the word Israel"?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad has never said that "Israel should be wiped of the map", its a blatant LIE. What he has said is "this regime that is occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." Acording to Farsi experts that is

How Ahmadinejad would refer to Israel if he wanted to say a blatant TRUTH - like " Israel should remain on the map, me and my nukes and rockets would guarantee that". What would he use instead of Israel if not he nor his officials never,ever used the word "Israel" substituting it with "regime.
I just ask for a link where he used the taboo word Israel so i will not worry about all his numerous threats to some unknown Zionist regime.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

How hard is it to see? Palestines, living in a open air prison beeing killed, starved and kept away from basic human rights. Israelis doing this to the Palestinians.

However this isn't my point. I just want to be a counter weight to the war mongering against Iran.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Ahmadinejad has never said that "Israel should be wiped of the map", its a blatant LIE. What he has said is "this regime that is occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." Acording to Farsi experts that is

How Ahmadinejad would refer to Israel if he wanted to say a blatant TRUTH - like " Israel should remain on the map, me and my nukes and rockets would guarantee that". What would he use instead of Israel if not he nor his officials never,ever used the word "Israel" substituting it with "regime.
I just ask for a link where he used the taboo word Israel so i will not worry about all his numerous threats to some unknown Zionist regime.

What nukes?

Are there any other regimes in Jerusalem?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
SkurkNilsen wrote:

((snip))

My final point is this, and you cannot argue that this is significant:

Iran has the death penalty for anyone who leaves Islam.

Do you understand what that means?!?!?! If you are Muslim in Iran, and decide to be atheist, christian, bahai, or whatever, the Iranian government gives you the death penalty! Is that religious freedom? And it's not an old law that's not enforced, they just created the law a few years ago! he Iranian government needs to FALL.

Did you know 40% of Iranian-Americans are non-religious? They leave Iran, and then they leave Islam. I'm sure 40% of Iranians in Iran are closet-Atheists, but they can't come out because it's the death penalty. The Iranian government is an Islamic government, yet the people are mainly secular.

Iran needs a new government, a secular government like Turkey. Please, tell me why, if they're so tolerant, is there the death penalty for those who leave Islam?

If accurate. So? just like the saudis draconian laws re: women, irans nutty rules don't affect my day, ... the entire world isn't obligated to change their ways to suit strangers opinions.

New govt?, the united states is at the top that list.. our "peace prize" winners send other peoples kids 1/2 around the world to summarily slaughter people while ruining millions of lives.. using laughable justifications spawned in a sewer of propaganda.

Irans leaders are just as crazy & incompetent, but they don't export their violence & misery on the scale of the DC mafia.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

...the main reason why the usofa's government embraces the negative about iran is PROFIT... war is a money maker... its ALL about money - but - thx to our "treat 'em like mushrooms" education system, the majority of americans are too brain-dead to realize that the same old con game is being played again...

...below is Part 1 (of 12) of the documentary Why We Fight... it might have already been posted here somewhere along the way but it surely warrants re-posting, imo...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Ah i see dooper has joined us a little later than usual perhaps because of his favourite site being shut down JIDF anyone?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You guys are right.

Iran is not a bad wolf. Everybody should just leave them alone and let them build up their nukes. While we're at it, let's encourage Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Syria, and any other nations develop theirs as well.

Hell, Israel has them, why can't everybody else?

For those countries too poor to create their own nukes, I suggest that the world give them aid so that they too should have nukes.

Why shouldn't Somalia have nukes, Israel does?

Finally, everybody will have nukes because Israel does and all we have to do is to wait for the first fool to push the button so that we don't have to worry about any bad wolves any more.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Man, it's good to be missed!

Sorry I kept you.

Iranians have longed for a return to the days of greatness of long ago under the Persian Empire. If they are the only Muslims in the area with nukes, they want to assume that leadership position.

Much like Hitler wanted an Aryan Nation - the mullah's in Iran want a return of the Persian Empire, but with a Muslim twist.

As if the Arabs will concede that.

But then Hitler was delusional too.

Fanatics.

Gotta love 'em.

They give you motivation to keep sharpening your sword.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I'm sorry, but everything you have said is irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that this collapsing regime executed a 17 year old a couple of days ago for protesting. Hundreds of protestors have been raped, then executed - not just girls, it's the boys as well!
[edit on 11-10-2009 by john124]

The same in Guinea a few days ago, and again, the same in many african countries and other "third world" countries, where are you? Where are the western armies?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The whole wide world is EVIL . Every where there is corruption, but everybody wants to point the finger at one another.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.
He did, numerous times, call for the demolition of the "Zionist Occupying Regime",
www.youtube.com...

He threatens the destruction of Israel every weekend and in every speech. He himself comes from a Jewish-turned-Muslim family himself, he is not against the Jews, but he is hateful against Israel.
He preaches hate and violence, for that he should be condemned.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You guys are right.

Iran is not a bad wolf. Everybody should just leave them alone and let them build up their nukes. While we're at it, let's encourage Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Syria, and any other nations develop theirs as well.

Hell, Israel has them, why can't everybody else?

For those countries too poor to create their own nukes, I suggest that the world give them aid so that they too should have nukes.

Why shouldn't Somalia have nukes, Israel does?

Finally, everybody will have nukes because Israel does and all we have to do is to wait for the first fool to push the button so that we don't have to worry about any bad wolves any more.

There are absoloutley no proof that Iran is trying to aquire nuclear weapons, they are having a civillian nuclear program, much like the one Saudi Arabia has, boosted by the U.S
So does Syria, albeit not boosted by the U.S.
Kuwait is also beeing set up with some sweet civillian nuclear reactors by France in not long.
Mwahahahahaha

Iraq and Afghanistan would to if it wasn't for beeing occupied and hopelessly poor. Somalia, well now you are just beeing mean, when they can afford a sandwich they can start thinking about infrastructure, you never played civilisation?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Iran needs a new government

The British and the CIA thought that too in 1950's and that's what caused many of the problems today.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I know for a FACT that about 2 years ago Iran passed an apostasy law: the death penalty. I'm middle-eastern myself, and i've heard first-hand stories. Have you heard of the Bahai-faith and its ongoing persecution in Iran? I know many other examples of Iran limiting religious freedom.

Of course the mainstream media never talks about it. (I wonder why?)

Also, 35,000 is still small to me. Metro-Detroit has well over 250,000 Middle-Easterners, and Detroit is much smaller than Tehran. How many Middle-Easterners in London, or Paris? How many Christians in Damascus, or Baghdad? A significant minority to me is at least 1-3% of the population. The Jews in Iran are insignificant.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Source the FACT, I am not a stranger to admitting I'm wrong, but then you have to prove it

I know how to google, do you?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hi EXCELLENT thread. I wanted to interject regarding the 90% of Iranians who are against their government. That is a flat out lie.

Not only is there overwhelming evidence that many of the protesters during the election were paid shills, but also the twitter messages saying the votes were rigged, and Ahmadinejad lost were done through apparent webbots; which would indicate a highly skilled subversive force like the CIA.

Any ways regarding the real point of the claimed 90% of Iranians against their government?? LIE LIE LIE. I have to look, but not even a couple months ago there was a poll conducted by a United States poll of the residence of Tehran. The poll was wanting to know how the People there felt about the Ahmadinejad. The response was I believe at least 56% of all Iranians approved of ahmadinejad

S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Every nation but the U.S. of A. sucks.

This is what I've known and been taught since like, ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join