It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Wonders of the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Cubs only have a losing streak if they do well before the all-star break. Good seasons take a dive and bad seasons suddenly go well. And this happens from the city of the Chicago Black Socks scandal, where the longest standing mayor in American history survived on the slogan "Back no losers, make no waves". That's just chicago for you. It has nothing to do with the cubs.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
These are considered the Seven WOnders of the MOdern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).

the Empire State building,
the Itaipu Dam,
the CN Tower,
the Panama Canal,
the Channel Tunnel,
the North Sea Protection Works,
and the Golden Gate Bridge.

As for the tallest building, that depends on the definition of building. Taipei 101 is the tallest skyscraper, CN tower is still the tallest 'free standing structure'
CN Tower 1,815 ft, 5 inches
Taipei 101 1,676 ft
Petronas Towers 1,483 ft
Chicago's Sears Tower 1,450 ft

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i think it would most likley be pie....ya....it woul sure be pie.....yep i love pie!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I agree that in 3000 years there will be no man made wonders from our century. Everything will have crumbled by then. By that time we would have completely destroyed our own habbitat. On the other hand some people think that it will take a huge disaster for human-kind to re think what we have done to our environment and in turn in 3000 years we could have completely restored the balance between industry and the environment.

Back on topic. My answer is that in 3000 years the ancient wonders of the world will only be a memory in a history book. We as a human race in my opinion will be living on another planet starting a new colony of the human race.

Oh yeah. If anyone is interested I have a site dedicated to the seven wonders of the ancient world at www.the7worldwonders.com...

[edit on 19-6-2004 by MRWILDE]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sorry, I've made a mistake :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think if it holds up over time and is (re)discovered, the remains of the Titanic might be considered one. Granted there are bigger ships, but the treasures inside might lead one to think it was special.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think maybe it is clone.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So...if we are no longer here on Earth...will we be somewhere?
I'm not about to start carrying a sign proclaiming the end of times, but humans are steadily overtaking our natural resources faster than they can replenish...a sure sign of doom.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe that , assuming the earth is still habitable 3,000 years from now, that The Bible Code (computerized by Rips and Witzum of Hebrew University) will be the greatest accomplishment of our age.

See onealclan0.tripod.com... for details.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Your shameless pushing of this bible code is really getting old.

It isn't truly equidistant- they use different offsets for each word. I don't want a message from any God who can't arrange his words well enough for a single code to suffice.

Most of the future events say "prospect" but none of the old ones do.

It's VERY easy to find acronyms, especially when they're heavy in vowels, like USA. It's not devine, it's mathematical. Don't you wonder how many "coincidental" codes were ignored by this project, while they eagerly soaked up the ones that fit their purposes?

The codes about nuclear holocaust get my attention. Hebrew as used in the bible is a dead language. It has been revived, but with Yiddish and other influences: it IS NOT the language of the bible that is spoken today. So do tell, how did ancient hebrew acquire a word for nuclear holocaust?

The character skip is HUGE. Let me show you how many random combinations there are in the Torah.

An average-sized verse is 60 characters. The average chapter is between 22 and 35 verses. There are 187 verses in the Torah. That's 280500 characters. Divide that by 5 and you get 56,100 possible words. Actually, you would have to work out an exponential formula to take into account that many different skips are being tried, with each one have a progressively lower number of potential words.
I have a confession to make... I polished my boots for ROTC during by Algebra and Trig classes in highschool, so I can't get us any closer than 56,100. Even still, a few dozen choppy phrases with many acronyms and questionable translations in a pool of 10s of thousands isn't exactly devine, especially when there isn't a single set of rules to arrive at the whole thing, but rather a series of statistical tricks which make the seemingly impossible to be very very likely..

Now will SOMEBODY who he listens to please bear me out and tell him to stop throwing a debunked website at us?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I feel confident the ONLY "wonder" that will remain to see 3000 years from now will be the Pyramids.

Arab proverb: Man fears time...Time fears the Pyramids.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join