It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Wonders of the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
In 3000 years, what will the "Wonders of the World" be?

I've been wondering about this lately... Because there are so many buildings, sites, accomplishments that are awe-inspiring, but I wonder which ones will be the ones that stand the test of time.
To be in our time, I'm sure everyone here could make a list a mile long of stuff they think is deserving the title of "Wonder of the World". But I wonder if the things we think are the most important will be the things that last and tell our story.

Heck, maybe 3000 years from now all that will be left of our culture will be a few toothbrushes and an American Idol T-shirt.
... God that's depressing...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i somehow feel that an american idol t-shirt may not be around. Being as anyone who entered should be burnt if they didnt get into the 4th round.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

TextIn 3000 years, what will the "Wonders of the World" be?

I think it will be the internet. I guess is a very good acomplishment of this generation.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Space Shuttle, Queen Mary, and I can't think of anything else right now.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I bet many will stay the same, such as the Canyon, I'm not so sure about Niagara Falls, though (is it even a wonder?). But if there are new modern wonders, then I'd have to agree with internet, and perhaps original space travel vehicles. Maybe pieces of the Berlin Wall?

Good comment on the American Idol stuff!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
aren't there two different wonders of the world? Natural, and Man Made?

If your talking about natural, who knows. over the course of time, some weird natural disater could end up causing some sort of beautiful natural wonder.

now for man made, most great things that exist now will mostly likely be destroyed or decay er something, but if they don't, I'm thinking the Statue of Liberty might be a wonder.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I know what one of them will be, a great big statue of me

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well just maybe in 3000 years you might find out. lol. Empire State bulding could be one if it stands though, or the CN tower or some other buldings. As for natural wonders, i dont know.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
All of the Ancient Seven Wonders of the World were man-made.

Only the pyramids still survive.

Here's a list of the Wonders through to our present day.

wonderclub.com...

Here's a site voting on the new Wonders for the next generation:

www.new7wonders.com...

Personally, I reckon that the Sydney Opera House just has to be in there somewhere. It's one of the most unique pieces of architecture ever created.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Leveller]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If there is a statue of me in 3000 years time, i shall be one happy person in heaven

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by infinite]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Well just maybe in 3000 years you might find out. lol. Empire State bulding could be one if it stands though, or the CN tower or some other buldings. As for natural wonders, i dont know.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by AD5673]

Actually, the tallest building in the world now is "Skyscraper 101" located in Taiwan. But, I dunno if it'll make it to the list of wonders of the world after 3000 years, because buildings are getting taller and taller these days...

Isnt the "Great Wall of The Middle Kingdom" one of the Great wonders of the world and still exist today? Pyramids cant be the only one...

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by RedHare]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
that building is called taipei 101 and probably would be one but djibouti is building an even bigger building,
btw redhare is ur name the famous horse from ancient chinese literature.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
After 3000 years, will any of these modern structures, like skyscrapers, really still exist? Wasn't the structure of the ancient pyramids much more durable than any elaborate structure we could produce now? After 3000 years it seems to me our most likely legacies would be our DNA & a self-perpetuating mega-internet computer consciousness--both things off-planet.

As for things the far-future historian can "look up" and piece together about our 7 wonders, I assume that the Statue of Liberty would be regarded much like the Colossus of Rhodes (my fave 7 wonders Wonder). I don't know what they will make of Disneyland.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i agree with cassie, after 3000 years, it would be a god given miracle that human will still be around. the only thing left will be our traces of life

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
any one remeber the end of AI, nothing but ive and robits, so who knowsx what the new seven wonders will be.

Hell in the future a organic human may be a natural wonder, with theway machines are taking over now dyas i wouldnt be surprised

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Superman and Spider-man.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I seriously doubt anything existing on earth today will be left 3,000 years from now.

Go to onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
One thing is sure... This wont be the WTC...

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I would kill to see the looks on our descendents' faces when they dig us up. They'll probably be SURE that aliens gave us our tech. How do you split atoms when you don't really understand physics properly? How did we build such huge cities but keep powering them with oil? How could you map the genome and still let Texans breed? We're a huge contradiction. Shakespeare was a schoolhouse chore but The Simpsons was entertainment? Nobody is gonna understand this, I'm telling you.

As for wonders:
NORAD
Sattelites
The Very Large Array

Mysteries:
The obelisk in Washington (Washington Monument)
The Pyramid in Las Vegas (The Luxor)
The picture of the clown in every restraunt (Ronald McDonald will probably be seen as our Corn God or something).

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dolly Partons Breasts
Kevin Costners sucky career
The Cubs losing streak

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join