It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchip Implant Controversy: A Mark of the Beast or the Coming "Singularity"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Microchip Implant Controversy: A Mark of the Beast or the Coming "Singularity"?

industr y.bnet.com

The news that Novartis wants a deal with Proteus Biomedical to produce a microchip implant called “Raisin” that will text your mobile phone when it’s time to take another pill, and VeriChip’s efforts to link microchip implants to online health records, has caused two separate controversies that seem bound to collide: some Christians believe the devices are eerily similar to the “mark of the beast” as described in the book of Revelation...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
VeriChip Corporation Development: New Triage Detection System For H1N1 Virus!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wow I was suprised to see the title of this article...and what better place to put this than ATS.

I am rather relieved to see that the author agrees that this chip implant is of great concern to most patients, in violation of thier privacy concerns.

The potential however, remains, and is seriously scary!

Thankfully, most people are serious when it comes right down to the nitty gritty, and will continue the serious debate!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94053616f76b.jpg[/atsimg]

industr y.bnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I dont get what you are saying. How are thoose lines in the barcode, equal to 6??

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I look forward to microchips and how they can raise our technological progress. So long as they have some very simple rules attached, then great.

1) chips should be easily removed if you desire to remove them...a small cut and some plyers should be all that is required
2) absolute disclosure about every single process and program available to the person
3) able to shut it off without having to extract should you for some reason simply not want it on for a little while

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I dont get what you are saying. How are thoose lines in the barcode, equal to 6??

She's saying, if you first look at the number six, then look above it, it has two thin lines. She is saying these two thin lines = 6. Then, the 666 is where there are those same two thin lines.

Basically she is saying at the beginning, middle and end, there are two thin lines, each = 6, so the whole thing is the mark of the beast, 666.

If you buy into all that.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Actually that picture is from the article...

It is a picture of a common bar code, you know the ones that are on everything you buy, nearly. They are scanned at the grocery store, retail outlets etc,.

The information in the bar code is divided up into two sets, with brackets...some say that the brackets, there are three sets, are the number six. Since there are three sets of brackets, you can come up with the number 666. Some dispute this. More information:

The inventor of the UPC barcode is George J. Laurer. In 1971, while Mr. Laurer was an employee with IBM, he was assigned the task "to design the best code and symbol suitable for the grocery industry". In 1973, Mr. Laurer's UPC barcode entered the world, and the rest is history.

On Mr. Laurer's web site, he has a "Questions" page, where he answers various questions about the UPC barcode. On the "Questions" page, Mr. Laurer answers the "666" question, as follows:

Question #8 - Rumor has it that the lines (left, middle, and right) that protrude below the U.P.C. code are the numbers 6,6,6... and that this is the international money code. I typed a code with all sixes and this seems to be true. At least they all resemble sixes. What's up with that?
Answer- Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six. An even parity 6 is:

1 module wide black bar 1 module wide white space 1 module wide black bar 4 module wide white space

There is nothing sinister about this nor does it have anything to do with the Bible's "mark of the beast" (The New Testament, The Revelation, Chapter 13, paragraph 18). It is simply a coincidence like the fact that my first, middle, and last name all have 6 letters. There is no connection with an international money code either. (From website)

www.av1611.org...

Some still argue that the three sixes, the bracket are a unique association with the Mark of The Beast, mentioned in the Book of Revelations in The Bible. The number of the Beast.

From the article:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
industry.bnet.com...

edited to include both yeas and nays...

[edit on 11-10-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thats crazy. I just went to the kicthen cabinet and looked at barcodes of 5 items and only one was similar to the one in this thread. In fact one of the items (peanut buter) had a number 6 but above it was one solid line and the 2 thin lines were nowhere to be found.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Interesting! I personally have not investigated much into the bar codes...I do not think they themselves are the mark of the beast.

Some people think there may be a connection...

666 in the barcode
There is a 666 in every barcode scanned at the cash register. This page proves it beyond any doubt. Barcodes are easy to read. Take about 10 minutes to read this page, you will be able to read barcodes and there will be no doubt that there is a 666 in every barcode.

www.indexoftheweb.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't know about the whole anti-christ issue.

Just don't want to be tracked.

Nope to CHIPs. I'll have a side salad instead.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Chips should be relegated to the same location as CHP's (the show), to history.

As for anyone being able to remove them, they will make it necessary to have them by mandating you require them for money transfers or medical needs. Otherwise too bad.

Black Markets are on the rise. I wonder why that parallels the old USSR regime. Can it be a Central Government run rampant, signals the decline of a country?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Thats crazy. I just went to the kicthen cabinet and looked at barcodes of 5 items and only one was similar to the one in this thread. In fact one of the items (peanut buter) had a number 6 but above it was one solid line and the 2 thin lines were nowhere to be found.

Just picked up 3 items off my sisters desk (using her PC at the moment) and all 3 have that exact 3 double line bracket system in them... so hmm makes me think.

But as to the topic, Most people wont like the idea of this, not even for conspiracy reason... but unfortunately you'll have at least a handful of idiots who will love the "cool" notion of having a chip (look at me im a cyborg, im hip and trendy... you dont have one eh whatever!) .. and so the ball will start to roll and every kid ill have one...

Notice the incredibly innocuous name they gave it... here get a chip its not bad its got a cute little name that'll make you go "Awwww" and arent raisins fruit... we all need our fruit... how could it be bad for you.

If they called it "Checkup Chip" or CheckChip maybe MedChip, MobileChip you'd have a heck of a lot of people avoiding it simply on that. People re such putzs for advertising lingo and sleight of hand.

I sure wont take one, for starters i dont take pills... and I havent got a cell phone, and more than likely never will (nasty things, want to phone me at any ungodly hour get me on the land line damn it)

[edit on 11-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They would have to force me to obain this implant before I would allow it. There is no way in hell either is my children having implants put inthem.

Doesnt matter weither it is the bible or not. I do not trust those in power nowadays. An I also think alot of the population do not trust them either.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about Saudi Arabia's chips with cyanide that can be released? Someone mentioned cutting the chip out, but what if cyanide is released if that is attempted?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

nice list...only from what I am reading ...they are way ahead of us.

The most important aspect of this technology is whether it's use remains voluntary, or it is used as a means of coerced cooperation.

Does it matter that human microchipping is a violation of at least nineteen of the United Nations - Universal Declaration of Human Rights? Well it seems that Wall Street does not answer to the moral and ethic construct... That’s for the birds.
www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Thanks, another good way of explaining it.

reply to post by mikerussellus

Well all that about the Antichrist is still to be seen...

I look to the Roman Empire to see the fulfillment of that...

And to the verichip as The Mark...the way I see it.

I will refuse both!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Roman empire being the Unification of the most of Europe?

Seems we are the road to this wil nearly allof those within europe ractifying the Lisbon Treaty, after this is ractified the NEW EU President will be elected. (Not by the people of europe if I may add), But by those in power.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The chip will be very easy for most people to accept. With high tech cell-phones and PDAs already being popular it wont be hard to link the chip to these devices. It will be trendy, cool or hip to have one. Especially if it starts in the private sector and you have Dell, Microsoft, IBM, Apple etc offering them. Thats the easy way to introduce it to the public.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Speaking of black markets...seems there could be quite the market for ways to zap them also, this was mentioned in another thead..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by BigfootNZ

Very interesting...you mention the name "Raisin". I missed that and im interested in knowing more about the name, what it means etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes Roman Empire being the UK.

I do not trust this either, and even if it had nothing to do with The Mark, I would not take it even then, just out of concern for my own individual sovereignty.

That is what I find so interesting about the title of this article, trying to appeal to women who dont want to carry a purse. I will carry a backpack if needed. They can keep their chip.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I will have to side on this one with Christians, for my personal benefit, as I will never have a darn microchip or any traceable crap in my body for any reason be mandatory or not.

This is going to take a long, long time to either make the masses comfortable enough to accept this type of invasion of privacy, but taking into consideration that health care reform will mean mandatory private insurance or else, I will not be surprised if the government will dare to take upon themselves to make microchips mandatory and force into people's body, I tell you all they can take the darn crap and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join