It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please pray and wish me good luck ):

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
tomorow morning im on an interview for a big image retouching corporation,there are two openings in the masks department (the people who make masks on pictures,and other department retouches images using these masks)
last year i actualy found out about this corp and i happend to be friend with the boss'es father. he tryed to take me in the better departnemnt but THE SEXYST manager in the end took a girl instead of me (a girl that happend to be from my highschool) some screwed emo chick that always brags about having bf and that kinda teendrama,and yes,that little ^^$@$^ took my job,the manager sayd that she had studyed photoshop for 1 year....yea right! more like he liked her legs..

my life went down the drain after this,i tryed to work security again,the job crysis strucked (it was last years september),and until now i only founded work as a security guard working with the a nasty arrogant ^@@ i wanted to strangle.
sine i know the corp gets lots of work in winter,and a pc is the the thing that im good at, my destiny is to work in design,web blablabla something with a pc...
i learned that this manager is still working there,but the 2 openings are for the other mask departments with other manager.who im sure will not be such..^&#&#

so the nice secretary lady is introducing me to him tomorow.
PLEASE put a prayer and good energy into me ): i reeeaally need that AWESOME job,if i fail i will have to work as security or some other HORRIBLE job,my life will just get ruined,i will get depressed and just sit as a souless person,i have suffered so much without real friends,without happy moments,without a girl who loves me,in the cluctches of some crazy psycho girl who played with me 2 years.
i really deserve A CHANGE for the better, PLEASE pray for me

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'll send you all the support I can.

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you get the job you want.

Remember, you have to convince yourself as well as the interviewer that you deserve the job, so go in there with a good, positive attitude and really believe in yourself.

Don't overdo it though, you don't want to look over-confident. Just present yourself well, show what an asset you will be and ask intelligent questions about the company. Show willing to learn, too.

I'll look forward to seeing your happy little post telling us you got the job.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
thank you,i really think i will kick ass and chew bubblegum ^_^

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

You can do both of that at the same time?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
probably it seems easy XD
GREAT NEWS!!!
its time to kick ass and chew bubblegum
and im all out of gum

i just returned,its 11:00 here in the morning.
the manager will show me and teach me a little in thursday,and give me a test...the same day

it turns out it wasnt the masks departnment,its a new retouch department,so its cool i know most of the workflow from last year,i allready passed the same test.
but this time i have to learn to use adobe quarck...until thursday...man

so time to download quarck,watch training videos from lynda,and practice..like a zombiii.
the manager was a foreign guy,we spoked only in english,and its cool. you immediatly see the difference between bulgarians and foreign people,bulgarians even the pc geeks,are not even close to the cultural level of foreign people.

and the BEST SURPRISE is theyr all on mac os x...again..

i finnaly get to be a cool emo mac user

i cant wait to start bragging how cool and emo i am with my cool new mac retouchin job..

afcourse on the way back some policeman maked me angry,being rude and threathening to give me a ticket,and the nice guy i am i was like "noo im here only for a moment,im moving the car :shk: " i hate being polite with rude people,i actualy got scared when i saw a policamen => ticket
screw him XD
allright time to start learning,i have two more days,thanks berenike you care for me ^_^

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
o great,i have to learn quark..a program that i have never used,and now new episodes of american dad,family guy an the simpsons are out.
dammit I WILL RESIST the devil.
i will watch them in my "brakes"

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Heeeyyyy
Well done, you

Now get that nose on the grindstone and keep it out of trouble

No more parking in odd places, even for a minute, and risking getting into trouble

Don't let other people get you down. I used to get a lot of stick for being a bit different, I think people used to think I had ideas above my station.

Just stick to your ideals, principles, whatever else, and find people more like you to spend time with. This job looks like a move in the right direction.

I remember working in a big place with a load of people about the same age as my parents who all thought I was a bit odd. One day, a girl of about my age came in for a job and one of the boys looked at her and said "Hmpphh - she's too good for this place".

Well, that gave me the kick I needed. Why didn't he think I was 'too good for this place'? I was out of there in no time, having found a better job.

Just keep working at it and being the best you that you can be. And all these people who upset you, just see them as an example of something you don't want to be - nothing more than that.

I'm excited for you and will look forward to more news on Thursday. Good Luck

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
thank you, there are allways evil people who like being rude to others and just want a fight,i think if i escape in other country people will be more polite,and its kinda true.
but anyway the job is great,im learning very fast this time,since i allready know the basics and i have taken the test before.
quark is a GREAT program,its so easy to learn and work with,couse i work with coreldraw and the two programs are kinda similar.
and this job is just THE JOB for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
i PASSEd yes!YES!YES!
thank you for the support and good vibes,after one year full of hate and sadness i finnaly see the light
today is CELEBRATION DAY!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

YAYYY

Very, very well done. Good for you.

Be sure to let us know how your first day at your new job goes.

So very happy for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
it was so hard,the manager saw my pics that i did in home to train,and he immediatly gived me the hardest test jobs to do.
*a girl with big hair,that i had to cut out and paste on whi bacground,every single hair spike i had to cut
*a color matching on a cloth piece,with some smart traps in the foto (changing the format to a print color format or the image will get dark when printing)
*and making a white dress girl,a black dress girl,whit all the details and highlights had to be preserved and light.
i was on a mac with not much RAM,and the mouse was the HARDEST mouse i ever operated,im just brining my own mouse next time >_

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Just dropped by to say that I hope all goes well and to offer you a piece of unsolicited advice.

I once had a friend whose father was head of a massive company and she told me that he'd given her what he said was the best advice that he was able to.

"Get organized"

At the time, I wasn't too impressed but I never forgot it. And the more I thought about it, the more I understood it.

You might notice that few people are actually organized - they might manage it when they really have to, but it's not a way of life.

I've taken that advice to heart and it's not only made a difference to my life - it impresses people.

If you're at work and your boss asks you for something and you can lay your hands straight on it they think very highly of you.

If you've got a tidy desk and can find anything you want when you need it, it saves a lot of time and messing about.

I'm not suggesting you don't know this already, but I wanted to give you the best advice I knew to help in your new job - so here it is
just in case you need it.

Keep us updated.

new topics

top topics

join