It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recognize this tattoo!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey ATSers, I got my 7th tattoo the other day. I'm wondering if anyone here can recognize it and tell me who else in ancient history had it? Just a little trivia for yinz.

Clues: Italy, Human, Ice, 1991, 3300BCE

NOTE: the bottom right group has 4 lines. I noticed after the picture was taken and had the artist add another line.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Otzi? Is that you man? How thing are going? Anyway - ancient bar-code techniques were pretty lame. You should have tattoed Google or something.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

The mark of the Beast!

Or did someone have trouble keeping count?

Nice to see that ice does preserve so well. It's why I put it in my scotch.

Nice tats.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: The tattoo's were originally found on Otzi [wiki] the iceman and there were over 50 of them!

New Scientist source

Tattoosymbol.com web source

I note that all the sources I provide mention there use as either primitive rites of passage or as some form of medical therapy!

Personal Disclosure: IMO they may have served multiple uses both decorative and practical!

P.S. S&F!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Doesnt Brad Pitt or someone have something like this?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Looks like runes.Ogham runes to be precise. Although not exactly. But similar...or it could be the days he was in jail for, count them...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
All i gotta say is i hope its something you wont ever regret.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It reminds me of the I Ching.

I Ching

The I Ching has been used for more than 5000 years as an aid to making decisions, predicting the future, etc. So, if nothing else, it is a long-standing and popular source of wisdom and inspiration.

Our descriptions are based on the output of the Unix ching(6) program. There are a number of books on the I Ching. Wu Wei, in particular, has published several with Power Press.

To see a randomly selected I Ching,

Notes:

This page is also available sorted by pattern. There is also an icon-oriented I Ching Square, but it takes a while to ship over our WWW connection. The icon at the top of each page listed below links to the hexagram's opposite. That is, "Ch'ien" (1) and "K'un" (2) are cross-linked.

Visit www.facade.com/attraction/iching/ for a computer-generated I Ching reading, a paper on I Ching, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Darn, I was hoping for a dragon. I have no clue who else may have this tattoo. It's...different, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wait, you get a tattoo and don't know what it is?

Um, was that a drunkin night tattooing?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It is Otzi!!! Good job dude!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I know! I know!

Angelina Jolie!

No?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
interesting choice of tattoo...
what made you choose that design?
having nearly all of my upper body covered and being an amature tattooist myself just interested in why people pick the designs they do?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Nice conversation starter.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hope it doesn't mean "I'm going to die on a mountain". Cool tatoo

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
oh brother @ some funny comments.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I quote the following from Wikipedia... It says that Otzi was cursed....Why would you want to be connected to someone who is, supposedly, cursed?!!

Influenced by the "Curse of the Pharaohs" and the media theme of cursed mummies, claims have been made that Ötzi is cursed. The allegation centers around the deaths of several main people connected to the discovery, recovery and subsequent examination of Ötzi. It is alleged that they have died under mysterious circumstances. These persons include co-discoverer Helmut Simon,[32] and Konrad Spindler, the first examiner of the mummy in Austria at a local morgue in 1991.[33] To date, the deaths of seven people, of which four were the result of some violence in the form of accidents, have been attributed to the alleged curse. However, hundreds of people were involved in the recovery of Ötzi and are still involved in studying the body and the artifacts found with it; thus it may not be surprising that a few of them have died since the mummy's discovery.[34]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dzlr40
interesting choice of tattoo...
what made you choose that design?
having nearly all of my upper body covered and being an amature tattooist myself just interested in why people pick the designs they do?

One of my majors is anthropology, and i'm especially interested in human evolution, and even more interested in early humans.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No idea what it is, but tattoos are lovely : D

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Hey ATSers, I got my 7th tattoo the other day. I'm wondering if anyone here can recognize it and tell me who else in ancient history had it? Just a little trivia for yinz.

Now, my question for you is why did you chose that design? I know what mine mean...how do Otzi's tattoos resonate with you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join