It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MALE soapbox

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190

Ok, that certain time of the month...dirty lady days, visit from Aunt Flow, whatever you want to call it...

You know, consciously, that you go through it, yet resent any comment from us that the unexplained depression, wild mood swings, etc. is due to it, even when you know, that we both know, it's that time....(Guys, there is no "right" thing we can do or say during this time, you just have to bear it, like watching a slide show of someone's vacation)...

if theres no right thing to say, DONT SAY ANYHTING! Yes we both know its that time and yes any comment about it will piss us off. You think you'd have learned not to say anything but ya'll just can't help it can you? You think we like having no control of our emotions or feeling like a truck hit our abdomen? You think we like bleeding like a slaughter house for a week? Sometimes the best thing to do is back off shut up and give us space.

dayum..even I'm gonna run away....yikes!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just want to kind of ride the TribeWilderWave for right now.. You're doing well bud!

I guess I just want to say I've never met a woman without conditions.. What I mean by that is I've never met a woman who was just fine with a good relationship and love. I know that sounds crazy, and I probably don't have enough personal experience with it, but it has destroyed both me and many friends of mine. I mean it can be perfect communication and a loving environment, but if something about the current lifestyle doesn't work, women duck and run. Maybe we do it too, who knows?

Anyway, I guess that's just because I don't believe there is any real rationality in true love. You make it work, because it does. Hmmm, I need a woman as irrational as me!

:shk:

Ok, sorry, TW's post sent me into regression.. Moving on.

Women:

Please accept the fact, that no matter how many times our facial hair annoys you on the bathroom sink, the things you unknowingly leave behind are exponentially worse. I won't comment, as I wouldn't if it were yours. I clean it up and don't make you feel like a jerk about it, as you would to me.

Men like sports and toys... Why can't we? You like shoes, shopping, gossip, potpourri, and cosmos.. We both have our releases.. I promise I will dish with you all night about you boss if you let me finish my game of madden and let me ride my freaking motorcycle every once in awhile.

In the bedroom. I won't get unnecessarily foul here.. But if you're not willing to do it, don't expect me to. I would do quite nearly anything (nearly) if it works for you.. Now work with me too! haha.

Massages go both ways. I know sometimes people fall asleep right after from comfort-coma, but please make sure you store that favor in the bank next time I come home from work or a game of basketball. The joints in my fingers hurt from that knot I took out of your back last time you were getting cramps (cough).

If I am really good at something (like cooking), let me do it, but it would certainly be nice if every once in awhile you took one of my jobs.. Garbage maybe? I also like washing the dishes.. I don't know why, but I do. You don't, so stop questioning it.

And the number one thing I hate the most.. And I will personally say sorry for this, because it is one big favor I ask of all women. In the car, shut your mouth. It seems women get this intense worry in an automobile if they aren't either on their cell or talking my ear off the whole time. I will hold your hand and rub your neck from the drivers seat, but let me listen to my jams, woman!

Wow.. Cathartic.. Thank you ladies.. You're all wonderful creatures.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

You like shoes, shopping, gossip, potpourri, and cosmos.. ...Let me ride my freakin motorcycle..

OK- I'm seriously checking my own gender here....
Maybe I'm not really a girl....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

[Insert all the various releases AD has in life here].. ...Let me ride my freakin motorcycle..

Better?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You can sit behind me AD, just don't mind if I keep tapping the front brake so you will keep sliding into me...

I know, I know I'm bad, but it is fun...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
oh cool, thanks guys..but, I drive thanx...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Does that mean you will be tapping the front brake on me???

**blushes**

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Does that mean you will be tapping the front brake on me???

**blushes**

guess so..hold on

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cookie ?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
Cookie ?

if you eat that, is it cannibalism ?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

is there lard in penguin cookies ?
if not no

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

is there lard in penguin cookies ?
if not no

ROFLMAO!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
sheesh with all these men cooking and cleaning and what not why do all their women have such issues?
I cook, clean, take care of my kids, keep my house spotless, take care of ALL my critters, mow the lawn, do the laundry, balance the budget, grocery shop and hardly ever complain. I don't bitch at my husband, I let him do what he pleases when he pleases. I do get kinda cold though when I'm upset and don't say a whole lot.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Can I trade you for my girlfriend?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You like shoes, shopping, gossip, potpourri, and cosmos.. ...Let me ride my freakin motorcycle..

I'm with you, AD! I got some potpourri in a gift over two years ago and it's still sealed up, I'm not big on shoes or shopping (t-shirt/jeans/sneakers - good to go), don't like gossip. However, being a big SciFi fan, I do find the cosmos to be a pretty cool thing...

...just checked my gender and all my bits are where the hubz can fin 'em...

...hockey season, woot!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The way things are going in this thread...

I'm going to be sitting around with a bunch of woman drinking beer and watching hockey, AGAIN .
~makes grunting noise and waits for the boys to make dinner~

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

haha I was thinking along the same line here.
I do most things around the house and he (my husband) doesn't complain all that much. He works and provided for his family, I make sure our house is a 'home'. It's not that I'm all oldfashioned or anything, I chose for this and even gave up my carreer to stay at home. Besides that, we both do what we want, go where we want and we don't expect the other to go with us. He plays computergames, I ATS. He goes to soccer games, I go Zumba. I guess it took us 13 years to get our relationship balanced.

This thread is so stereotypical! lol

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by martalen

I'm with you, AD! I got some potpourri in a gift over two years ago and it's still sealed up, I'm not big on shoes or shopping (t-shirt/jeans/sneakers - good to go), don't like gossip. However, being a big SciFi fan, I do find the cosmos to be a pretty cool thing...

...just checked my gender and all my bits are where the hubz can fin 'em...

...hockey season, woot!

YAY! I's is not so alones now...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I gotta do a soap box by proxy for a very close friend who I know would have pages to post were he an ATS member.

"I spend every week working and/or at home with our son. I make sure you are not wanting for anything and go every place you drag me without asking me first, so when I want to go spend a weekend hanging out with the boys for the love of all that is holy get off my back, it helps keep me sane. I'm not out chasing skirts, drinking in strange bars with women of questionable moral character, in all likelyhood I'm playing video games, going shooting or drinking on the back deck telling lies."

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

if theres no right thing to say, DONT SAY ANYHTING! Yes we both know its that time and yes any comment about it will piss us off. You think you'd have learned not to say anything but ya'll just can't help it can you? You think we like having no control of our emotions or feeling like a truck hit our abdomen? You think we like bleeding like a slaughter house for a week? Sometimes the best thing to do is back off shut up and give us space.

If ONLY it were that simple! LOL....

Problem is, if we back off, retreat, or try and give you space, you then launch into the "you don't care about me" bit...etc., etc. What I'm trying to say is that there is no "right" thing we can do during this time, except to NOT make it even worse for ourselves...

"You know what they say about why the fish got caught?"
"Yep, he opened his mouth"... That's my best advice...don't open your mouth...(problem is though, at some point, we'll lose our cool and play that card, always to our detriment, but it will STILL make us feel better...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join