It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Question Al Gore On His Film?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Your microphone gets cut off, of course.

Gore upbeat on climate bill

Gore has been criticized for not publicly debating his position since the release of his 2006 Oscar-winning documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth."

In what organizers said was a rarity, Gore took half a dozen questions from journalists, including one from Phelim McAleer, an Irish filmmaker who asked Gore to address nine errors in his film identified by a British court in 2007.

Gore responded that the court ruling supported the showing of his film in British schools. When McAleer tried to debate further, his microphone was cut off by the moderators.

Al can't answer to the factual errors in his film, so he and his supporters try to silence the questions about them.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Al Gore is full of hot air. (No pun intended).

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This thread should be call, "What happens when you cherry pick through an article." I hope people actually read the source material before commenting.

He took questions. As the article says, that's a rarity. He answered this question. He wasn't there for further debate.

When McAleer tried to debate further, his microphone was cut off by the moderators.

"Asked and answered" is the legal term. McAleer was out of line, that is why his mike was turned off.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The film itself, 'An Inconvenient Truth' is quiet well done and easy to watch. In fact, it is part of my video library just because I like the soundtrack.

There is also some truth to what is offered. We have been, undeniably, polluting our breathing air since the dawn of the industrial age. We also know how CO2 acts as far as trapping heat and so, the core logic to the concept of global warming is sound.

But all that being said, Al Gore injected too much politicking to the story's otherwise slick speedo, thus making it unpalatable to all except the loyal left. This, I think, is a shame too because there was a lot of good that same film could have done... minus the partisan thorns and briers.

I'm not sure that I buy the whole global warming package as it is currently presented but I do think we would do ourselves, and our children a favor by exploring the implications.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wow, winning an Oscar for An Inaccurate Truth.
I guess it must've been a slow year in movies that year.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Seeing as you are a contributor and not a mod in this thread, can you name one time Al has debated the factual errors in his film.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Seeing as you are a contributor and not a mod in this thread, can you name one time Al has debated the factual errors in his film.

That's not the point. Nor is it the topic of your OP. This thread says that if you question Gore your mike gets turned off. He DID answer this guys question. His mike was turned off because he was out of line. There were others with questions. It was not time for a debate. And neither is it in this thread. It's not the topic.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Good deflection.

OK. So you won't answer my question then.

Guess that's the end of that.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Good deflection.

OK. So you won't answer my question then.

Guess that's the end of that.

No, the lie was in your OP. The deflection came with your last post. I was bringing this back to reality.

Edit: Feel free to open a topic about the last time Gore debated this. THEN it would be on topic. I'd get the facts straight that time though. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

It's pretty clear that he only provided a reply to his question. It was a **** poor answer as it didn't address the 9 errors or what he is doing to correct them. Gore simply says, "Well the court said peddling my inaccurate truths to kids is okay, so there."

Quite brilliant really. Deflection is very useful when you have a kill switch.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No, the lie was in your OP.

Really? Did not the moderators cut off McAleer's mic when he questioned Al on his false claim that polar bears are endangered?

The deflection came with your last post.

A question is a deflection? OK.

I was bringing this back to reality.

I think you meant control, not reality.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Umm it looked to me like he answered the question in the typical politician way... by not answering the question .. .yet pretending he has.

Be careful about angering him though.. he'll shut off your internet... he invented it.. he can do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In my experience, whenever someone feels the need to call something be it a film, or be it a religion, 'The Truth', it is usually because it is A Lie!

An Inconvenient Lie would have been a more accurate and 'truthful' description of Gore's unfortunate trip into brainwashing!

In the NWO, Truth is Lie and Lie is Truth!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No, the lie was in your OP.

Really? Did not the moderators cut off McAleer's mic when he questioned Al on his false claim that polar bears are endangered?

No, it was cut off after he persisted. What's so hard about that to grasp?

The deflection came with your last post.

A question is a deflection? OK.

If it's off topic, yes.

I was bringing this back to reality.

I think you meant control, not reality.

What control? "As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member." If you mean by control I won't let a hit piece go unchallenged, then yes, you're right.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No, it was cut off after he persisted. What's so hard about that to grasp?

Because he wanted a real answer, not one about the British court ruling and a false claim about polar bears being endangered.

If it's off topic, yes.

Or won't be answered by the respondent, like in the video.

What control? "As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member." If you mean by control I won't let a hit piece go unchallenged, then yes, you're right.

If by 'hit piece' you mean 'exposing facts', then OK.

By the way, here's the British court case Al decided to bring up, rather than answer to the factual errors.

U.K. Judge Rules Gore's Climate Film Has 9 Errors

A British judge has ruled that Al Gore's Oscar-winning film on global warming, "An Inconvenient Truth," contains "nine errors."

High Court Judge Michael Burton, deciding a lawsuit that questioned the film's suitability for showing in British classrooms, said Wednesday that the movie builds a "powerful" case that global warming is caused by humans and that urgent means are needed to counter it.

But he also said Gore makes nine statements in the film that are not supported by current mainstream scientific consensus. Teachers, Burton concluded, could show the film but must alert students to what the judge called errors.

[edit on 10/11/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Goggle "Gore arrest marijuana 100 mph"
You get his kids behavior!

new topics

top topics

join