It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It is always socially acceptable to hate the opposing party. It was socially acceptable to call liberals freedom hating commies during the bush admin. Why won't you just give in and admit that there are two sides to the coin?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Hate from the left has become, in part due to actions of the left, socially acceptable.

It's true.

But hate on the right is not socially acceptable? How does this only work one way in your mind?

edit to fix quote

[edit on 13/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Here's some fresh hate from the right for you (Mmmmmmmm...... fresh hate......ahhhhh):

KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A salesman says he was fired for voting for Barack Obama, after his boss sent an email to all employees warning that he would fire them if they dared to do that.
He claims Matthew Brandt, the owner of KK Office Solutions, sent the email threat to "All Employees" on Oct. 29, 2008 warning them "to rethink your vote on November 4th."

www.courthousenews.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A this point in the discussion, I can only deduct that the OP is trolling for stars/flags by pandering to the lowest denominator. To say that the left is now "embracing" the slime that's regularly flung in American politics is downright laughable.

At the risk of tilting at windmills, allow me to point out some of the most recent examples of right-wing hatemongering/fearmongering/lies/etc - and these all came from people that are regarded by the Republican leadership as "mouthpieces of the party" - Glen Beck, Limbaugh, Boortz, and some sitting legislators

(Cribbed from sites around the web...)

- Glen Beck called Rosie O'Donnell a "fat witch," claimed that O'Donnell has "blubber ... just pouring out of her eyes," and asked, "Do you know how many oil lamps we could keep burning just on Rosie O'Donnell fat?"

- Beck said: "Hillary Clinton cannot be elected president because ... there's something about her vocal range." He went on to say, "There's something about her voice that just drives me -- it's not what she says, it's how she says it," adding, "She is like the stereotypical -- excuse the expression, but this is the way to -- she's the stereotypical bitch, you know what I mean?"

- Beck said to Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim ever elected to Congress: "OK. No offense, and I know Muslims. I like Muslims. ... With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, 'Let's cut and run.' And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' "

- Neal Boortz asked his audience: "I want you to think for think for a moment of how incompetent and stupid and worthless, how -- that's right, I used those words -- how incompetent, how ignorant, how worthless is an adult that can't earn more than the minimum wage? You have to really, really, really be a pretty pathetic human being to not be able to earn more than the human wage. Uh -- human, the minimum wage.

- On the February 1 edition of his radio show, Limbaugh responded to a Reuters report on a University of Chicago study that found that "a majority of young blacks feel alienated form today's government" by asserting: "Why would that be? The government's been taking care of them their whole lives."

- After reading extensively from an American Thinker column smearing Obama, Limbaugh said on June 26 that Obama is "more African in his roots than he is American" and is "behaving like an African colonial despot."

- Audra Shay, a 38 year old military veteran and mother from Louisiana was running for chairman of the national Young Republicans. Some months ago, she moderated a session on her Facebook page where a participant called Obama "a commie and a mad coon." Shay's response to the young man was to urge him on. "You tell em Eric," she said.

- Huckabee campaign manager Chip Saltsman sending a CD including the cute song "Barack the Magic Negro" as a Christmas gift to the members of the Republican National Committee last year.

I could go on, and on, and on for pages.... Simply put - this has long been a cornerstone of the 'conservative' movement.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Give me an example of socially acceptable hate that is done by the right.

Want some from the left?
Overweight, smoker, white, christian, meat-eating, wealthy

Just to name a few.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Akll you've done is list words from opinionated radio personnel.

Nothing like I just listed above.

If you're overweight, then the left hates - just look at some of these laws
If you smoke, you're public enemy number one
Gods help you if you're a christain, because the left won't
And boy oh boy, if you have money then you are nothing but a greedy capitalist pig

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Give me an example of socially acceptable hate that is done by the right.

Want some from the left?
Overweight, smoker, white, christian, meat-eating, wealthy

Just to name a few.

You're joking right?

Hippy, Radical, Tree-Hugging, Pot-Smoking, Gay-Loving, Abortion-Loving.

But those are just loving nicknames, right?

Crap, forgot about
Athiest, God-hating...

edit for spelling and us god-hating folk

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Some may consider this post off-topic.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
A this point in the discussion, I can only deduct that the OP is trolling for stars/flags by pandering to the lowest denominator.
[edit on 13-10-2009 by shrike071]

Hey shrike.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. No one can be this one-sided. Clearly he's trolling for stars and flags.

Unfortunately, it seems to be working.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by really

What, his boss was in the voting machine with him, checking to see who he voted for? Sounds fishy to me. Your link doesn't work.

I know. It was working. I got the link from one of Naomi Wolf's websites. People there are complaining it's no longer working now.
Oh well. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Pelosi on obese people

The Personal Responsibility in Food Consumption Act ("The Cheesburger Bill") would prevent civil liability actions against food manufacturers, marketers, distributors, advertisers, sellers, and trade associations for claims relating to a person's weight gain, obesity, or any health condition associated with weight gain or obesity. A YES vote would:
Prohibit such lawsuits in this act in federal or state courts
Dismiss any pending lawsuits upon this bill's enactment
Maintain an individual's right to bring a lawsuit to court for false marketing, advertising or labeling of food when such information led to injury, obesity or weight gain
Reference: The Cheesburger Bill; Bill HR 554 ; vote number 2005-533 on Oct 19, 2005

Pelosi on smoking

www.washingtonpost.com...

Pelosi on making Christianity a hate crime

www.wnd.com...

Feel the love in the room? What laws have the right passed that have pointed out behaviors, and don’t try the gay issue, as far as most are concerned, it’s “Don’t ask, don’t care.”

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
These are harldy examples of "hate". If you want to eat McDonalds every day, fine it's on you. Don't go blaming corporations for making you fat.

Smoking is not only harmful to the smoker, but to everyone around them and is generally pretty rude if you are around nonsmokers.

Christianity a hate crime? I think the point was to make people aware that christianity has an anti gay agenda and that it's blatantly wrong. You shouldn't have the power to control how others live their lives based on your own beliefs. Calling a gay person a f&g is just as bad as caling a black person the n word and it's about time people start realizing it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Well, Mike, if you agree that speech should be protected for people to be allowed to say what they want to say, don't you agree, as such, that if a person wants to hate a gay person, that then gay marriage should be allowed?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

[

Well, Mike, if you agree that speech should be protected for people to be allowed to say what they want to say, don't you agree, as such, that if a person wants to hate a gay person, that then gay marriage should be allowed?

If a person wants to hate a gay person then gay marriage should be allowed? I don't understand the corelation. I only brought up the whole gay issue at at because with laws changing every day, it'll be moot.

I wanted to illustrate how it is now ok to hate smokers, hate obese people, hate christians and even showed laws being discussed that would pinpoint targets of the lefts intolerance.

Although, you do bring up an interesting point.

As right winged folk have been criticized in the past of "hating" gays, the left now is of these folks I mentioned above.

As the right may have said, "He's nice, but he's gay, so I hate him."

Now it's, "He's nice, but he's fat/christian/smoker, so I hate him."

And while it is a "hate" crime now to say that about gays, it's ok and even socially encouraged to say those other things.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well, I started a thread a couple of days ago regarding a new flag that is for sale on Ebay. That thread is full of insulting and hated replies from the left wing trolls. Info. taken out of context, misquotes and blatant and blind assumptions. Clearly people only see what they want to see and don't take the time to read for themselves.

I haven't seen an influx of trolls like that since the months before the election.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Agreed, jibeho. I even offered some of my personal feelings on your thread and got knocked for being patriotic.

Just a sign of the times, I'm afraid.

You did have a good thread, though, my friend.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
2010 is gonna be so much fun. Especially when you consider that democrats will have shown how ineffectual they are, even with a super majority. The keys will once again he handed back to the adults, and hopefully, this time they will use them responsibly. Make no mistake though, 2010 WILL be a referendum on Obama, there are already democrats who are blaming him for their low polling numbers. I still dont understand how you can have both the legislature and the executive branches, and still be taken seriously when you cry "but,but, republicans wont let us".

psst....its cuz were evil

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I think it'll also be a referendum on repubicans. It's like we're saying, "you screwed up before, and see what happened? Don't do it again!"

And how can Obama sound like a lame duck with the majority, a super majority?

Star!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here is yet another glaring example of the vitriol coming from the Dems in the MSM. Yes, another gem from the mouth of Matthews. No wonder why the hate rhetoric is so bad.

Chris Matthews Fantasizes 'Blowing Up' Limbaugh

MSNBC talk show host Chris Matthews fantasized about "blowing up" Rush Limbaugh on the air Tuesday morning. Likening the radio conservative to a James Bond villain, Matthews, a former Democratic aide who has mulled over running for the Senate, said someone should shove a Co2 pellet into Limbaugh's mouth so that his head explodes.

This was the grisly fate of a Bond villain played by Yaphet Kotto in the film "Live And Let Die."

www.newsmax.com...

Naturally, Matthews can ramble about killing someone like this and still go unchecked.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Of course, because it is socially acceptable to hate repubicans/conservatives. Rush is a perfect example (thanks for providing this) if you went to some stranger in the street, some democrat in office, and threatened the same thing, Johnny-Law would be paying you a visit.

Say it about someone on the right? You get your own tv show!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join