It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Mention Ronald Reagan. Mention Sarah Palin. Mention George Bush.

And watch the fur fly!

To some extent, you will receive the same reaction when you mention Bill Clinton (or hillary for that matter). With Bill you'll get, "womanizer", "cheater", "liar".

"the fur will fly" both ways, for sure.

SO TRUE! They're communists and antichrists.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am willing to state that there are haters on the right. I have called them out in the past, and will continue to do so.

A problem I'm seeing is that while those of you accept the fact that there are haters on the left, you simply justify it by showing the haters on the right.

Nothing will change if we allow this type of hatred to continue. Justifying it by pointing out others at fault is not going to change anything.

Just my humble opinion, but this time, I think I'm right.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I'm not justifying anything. Your thread is entitled "Why Do Democrats Hate So Much?"
not "Why Do Both Parties Hate So Much?" or "Why All The Hate? It's Time For Both Parties To Get Together" etc, etc.
That implies to me, as a reader, that Democrats hate more than Republicans. That might be why people are showing that Republicans hate, too. I really have no dog in this race. I just think that ignoring that the other side (the Republicans) are just as bad doesn't solve anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
To the OP, i am not even sure what we are arguing about then. We agree that there is hate on both sides and that it should stop. No one here is justifying hate on the left and I think we agree that no one should justify hate ANYWHERE. The fact that you made this thread specifically about hatred on the left is biased. If you truly agree that there is hate on both sides and that it should stop being justified why don't you change the topic to "Why do people hate so much?" Oh because that wouldn't serve your political agenda. Ditch your agenda and start speaking out against hate on both ends of the spectrum.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Transhumanist and really on this. You came on specifically pointing fingers at the left. We point back and say the right is the same way. Would you not expect us to point out the hypocracy of your statements? How can you "be right" on this one when you point biasedly and we defend ourselves. Are we not allowed to defend ourselves in your lopsided thread?

A problem I'm seeing is that while those of you accept the fact that there are haters on the left, you simply justify it by showing the haters on the right.

How else would you have us defend ourselves? We have admitted that there are haters on both sides. Why can't you accept that both the democrats and republicans hate equally?

I think I'm right about that.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And I do agree that the hate FROM BOTH SIDES has to stop.

But you're not going about that the right way by pointing fingers...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Agreed that there is hatred on both sides of the aisle. However, it seems that the democrats, with the encouragement of the MSM outlets, have spent the 8 years of the Bush admin. rationalizing their hate. I stopped watching any awards shows during that era because every whizbang celebrity had something negative to say and just had to get their jabs in.

Now, whenever Obama is criticized or an attempt is made to hold him accountable by the right, center or just a disgruntled democrat, the evil eye of the MSM liberal machine is cast upon them. Especially here on ATS. Anyone who disagrees with Obama policy is labeled as a racist or whacko or a right wing extreme terrorist.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Now, whenever Obama is criticized or an attempt is made to hold him accountable by the right, center or just a disgruntled democrat, the evil eye of the MSM liberal machine is cast upon them. Especially here on ATS. Anyone who disagrees with Obama policy is labeled as a racist or whacko or a right wing extreme terrorist.

www.pjtv.com...

As a liberal, you would have to totally blind to not see how the MSM conforms to the administration and labels political opponents as racist/nutjob or what have you. However, if you recall, the MSM did the same thing for the Bush administration, albeit not with suspicions of racism. Most of the attacks on the left during the Bush admin came from a patriotic angle but the principles were basically the same. No matter which administration is in power the MSM has a way of "manufacturing consent" as Chomsky would put it, so we can't pretend they are making a special case with Obama.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Democrats hate the 'status quo', the acceptance of things as they are. They dream of a 'better condition.' The fight to change, to improve, to move in a new direction is always feared and questioned and seen as hatred by those who are complacent for what is already established.

Is it just me, or does your comment sound a lot like "hope, change" rhetoric that we heard so much of in the last election? This might come as a surprise, but sometimes, change is a bad thing. Plus, it isn't "complacent" to want to preserve individual rights and freedoms, and to not want an even bigger and more controlling government. In fact, those that would blindly follow a "change" message, without ever questioning the direction in which that change could take them, could logically be labeled as complacent.

The tactics of the left these days, labeling everyone that doesn't agree with Obama as racist or a hater, isn't something done to "make things better". It's done to cover one's own flaws by casting dispersions on the other guy, and it's horrible. Plus, such a tactic stirs up more racial problems, by making some people believe the lies, and causing them to hate the "evil white man".

I happen to be, at the moment, a Republican, and I am not racist, nor rich, nor do I go around hating people. That's the party that gets my votes because the candidates are generally pro-life, support the 2'nd amendment, and so forth. None of the candidates are perfect, since they are all human, but we have to choose the best of the lot. And no, not really a McCain fan, either; I wanted Duncan Hunter.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

hat's the party that gets my votes because the candidates are generally pro-life, support the 2'nd amendment, and so forth.

That's what us progressives just don't get. How is abortion and a right to bear arms more important to you than helping the millions of poor people in this country? How is personal liberty held as more sacred than collective well being? The right in general seems to take a social-Darwinism approach to poverty and as much as I am for personal liberty, I am a humanist and would rather see the poor assisted by a large government than ignored by a small one. So tell me, how does the status-quo help the poor? The welfare system just doesn't do enough and don't give me some crap about the poor needing to go out and get jobs. Welfare in New York requires the recipient to send out something like 12 job applications a week. You are right, change can be bad, but we at least have to try. And no I don't believe Obama really cares about helping the poor or making significant change. However, the answer is clear. We do need change of some kind. That's why I am a progressive. For the sake of PROGRESS.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The nerve of someone accusing someone else or another group of hate and then making their case with a bunch of hate. Hypocrite! If you want to spew a bunch of hate, I'm sure peeps at Alex Jones' site would gladly accept you. Now go be with your kind and leave us crazy conspiracy theorist to our UFOs, 2012, and love for all humans. Oh yea, and you're wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

How about a little personal responsibility and self control? The bums I see are either vets with mental problems- who should be in VA homes or mental institutions- which my tax dollars pay for, or drug addict/alcoholics, who I have no sympathy for.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. All input is appreciated, even the weird ones.

To reiterate, over the past few years, something in our society has shifted to the point where hating (demagoguing) certain aspects of our society has become the norm, even socially acceptable.

Hate blacks? Not a good thing.
Hate the poor? Not a good thing.
Hate whites? Meh, it's ok.
Hate christians? Sure, that's fine.
Hate smokers? Why not? It's fun!

You can debate. You can disagree. You can argue, fight, duke it out if necessary.
But the level of hatred that has become the norm, FOR THE LEFT, exists.

Deny it.
Call me a hypocrite.

But saying those things won't make it less true. I hate to be just one of the people here on ATS that can/have pointed this out. Sometimes truth hurts. Even if it is in your own party or "group think."
Does this mean that I think the right is perfect?

Of course!

Seriously? No. But before any of you go back to another tirade of how ignorant/hypocritical/biased I am, take a hard look at what I have been saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.

That song rocks.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why does GROUP A have such NEGATIVE ADJECTIVE feelings towards GROUP B?

By asking the above question you are:
1. Identifying two groups of people as rivals, whether they are or not.
2. Applying a stereotype to one or both of the said groups.
3. Creating even more animosity between the two groups by asking them such a moronic question.
4. Making yourself look like a total d-bag.

So my question to you is:

Why do you hate people so much, that you need to lump them together and make them fight? Why can't you see that the two labels you speak of are only modern inventions and do not actually exist on any physical plane? Do you like being so sensationalistic that you must ask such insulting questions?

You, friend, are what is rotting our Great Nation's core: partisan garbage.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

Not at all. I would welcome honest debate. But democrats have found more comfort sitting at the table of terrorists than sitting across from someone with idealogical differences.

Pity.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

But democrats have found more comfort sitting at the table of terrorists than sitting across from someone with idealogical differences.

Pity.

You are the terrorist.

You are the one destroying our nation with your hate speech, partisan garbage.

You are my enemy. You are my country's enemy. You are one of the many parasites, draining my nation and killing everything my country once stood for.

Look at what you just said- how the hell is that supposed to be helping anything? Do you think Republicans are superior to Democrats? Is that it? Some sort of elitist / partisan / separatist syndrome?

Do you not realize that you're only playing into a big scam, meant to divide and destroy us?

Democrat vs. Republican = US VS. THEM mentality.

Get over yourself. You're a person just like me, except I'm not a sheep so I don't dedicate my mind to any political faction. I can think for myself.

So really, it's us (Americans) vs. YOU (sheep cronies, democrats AND republicans). That'll be the next civil war, and you'll be sorry you tried taking over my nation at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thanks for making me a foe, by the way, I'll add it to the 50 other sheep who disagree with me.

Honest debate? What are you and others so afraid of? Why can't you sit down and argue the specific issues without slander involved? Left/Right are just the same sides to acoin, but why does one have to be better than the other by simply shouting louder?

PROVE I'm wrong. State facts. Sources. I have always been willing to listen to another side. Unfortunately, they sometimes are too busy screaming to hear that.

Again, I have to ask, why resort with rhetoric when common discourse would serve just as well?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Honest debate? What are you and others so afraid of? Why can't you sit down and argue the specific issues without slander involved? Left/Right are just the same sides to acoin, but why does one have to be better than the other by simply shouting louder?

PROVE I'm wrong. State facts. Sources. I have always been willing to listen to another side. Unfortunately, they sometimes are too busy screaming to hear that.

What? I thought there was honest debate going on here. I used no slander (no libel really). I am unsure if you're saying that I sit down with terrorists. If you are, I do not appreciate it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join