It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

hosted.ap.org

Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/10/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I hope this wasn't posted already. But if it was, perhaps it bears repeating. So many are fond of telling everyone else their interpretation, perhaps it's time to listen to someone who should genuinely know. But then people are apt to listen to what suits them. Anyone interested in truth should listen to as many ideas as possible.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We all know we will be here is 2013, but what it really means, will be missing to the masses if it means anything at all. Something is happening, but no one knows.

I just think its a transition. Energy effects us all, and even the smallest amounts, and its called brain wave entrainment, your like the frog in the jar, we do not notice it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually, it's more like 2015.

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its nothing. Its the end of a calender. The "prediction" was the lyrics of a song.

Colombia pictures got their hands on the slightly over the top idea that the world was going to end and pushed the bandwagon with a viral marketing campaign that has only fueled idiotic theories that the world will end for absolutely no plausible reason in order to sell cinema tickets for their new movie.

People always think the world will end for some reason every decade, it hasn't yet and if it does, who cares because we'll all be dead.

I hope all the insane sensationalists that wake up on the 23rd of December 2012, obviously still alive, give themselves a hard slap in the face with a blunt object in order to punish their ridiculous stupidity and force themselves to remember not to keeping pissing the rest of us off with their future ramblings about some sort of inexplicable apocalypse.

Also, If I happen to be wrong, while the world is "ending", i will find the closest hat to me and eat it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe we should listen, somehow they predicted the Conquistadors arriving to the day?....

Maya knowledge has to do with cycles, not endings. That is our western love of self-destruction so we don't have to do anything, much like the rapture.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylee
Maybe we should listen, somehow they predicted the Conquistadors arriving to the day?....

Maya knowledge has to do with cycles, not endings. That is our western love of self-destruction so we don't have to do anything, much like the rapture.

Well said. I've always felt it's a set of conditions.

Technology

1. Technology that allows man to destroy everything.
  2. A group of people who find joy only through materialism.
  3. Absence of spirituality.
  4. No sense of right and wrong.
  5. No love of God
  6. No respect of each other.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

two minutes too late.

but the years leading up to and passing 2012 shall be a pivotal time.

i do not think the world is gonna end. it won't.

as the years go on more people will realize whats going on in this world.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am listening to this right now, and , well, just check it out !!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I heard that Old Earth is being deleted, and There is going to be a New Earth;
I telepathically asked "The Light Beings" if its true and if i would be going to this New Earth;
The next day a UFO came to visit my house; it was just a huge gigantic silent ball of light;

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Ive heard this dude in the clip above, and he say Earth will get slapped by PlX's node rings, twice ..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I REALLY don't think that the year 2012 will bring the end of civilization, or life on Earth, ...

Spooky, perhaps, but Bernal notes there are other inscriptions at Mayan sites for dates far beyond 2012 - including one that roughly translates into the year 4772.

Funny how the "doomsayers" only focus on the one that ends in 2012 and NEVER mention the calender that goes all the way to the year 4772!

OH NO! The calender hanging on my wall ends on Dec. 31, 2009!

[edit on 10/11/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's my prediction :

At 00:01 (GMT) on the 1st January 2013 lots people around me will be drunk and/or phoning their loved ones saying "happy new year".

Now since my surname is Ripley I will leave you all to believe it or not

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

There have been many claims that a millennial panic gripped Europe in the years approaching 1000 AD. Historians disagree over the veracity of these claims, with some arguing these stories were first told hundreds of years later, and others arguing the Catholic Church intentionally suppressed writings which could have stirred up a panic over the end of the world

en.wikipedia.org...

Then we had Y2K.. all the computers were gonna blow up. Remember that?

Even though the paranoia was actually a year early, the 21st century came in 2001 right on schedule.

Now it's 2012. Yeee Haw. We're gonna have a Galactic Alignment. Yet this alignment started about 2003 and lasts until about 2021. (psst, we're in it now)

No, we are not passing through the plane of the Galaxy. We are about 20 to 50+ light years high and ~5 million years away from that.

Will the Earth be destroyed? Well yeah, eventually. Just a matter of time. But that will be when we are either knocked out of our orbit into the Sun, or the Sun goes Red Giant (about 4 billion years or so at current guessing). Life on Earth will end far sooner than that once we get nailed by a large enough asteroid or wind up being the unfortunate recipients of a gamma ray blast. Formation of another Large Igneous Province (like the one that made the Columbia Plateau or the Deccan Traps, the Siberian Traps, or the one hypothesized to have contributed to the formation of a lot of the South Pacific Islands) would do the trick too.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why is this even in this section?

It should be removed to the 2012 section, and I also think tere is aleady a thread on this.

2012 Isnt the end of the world

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the link doesn't goto the article. can someone link properly? i couldnt find anything on this topic with the link provided.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Because mods are too busy censoring cuss words or censoring people's strong opinions in threads instead of doing more important things.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This thread is the opposite of fresh doom...it is a doom buzz kill; therefore, I hate it.

plucky

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

The Link does work I just clicked it!

This Thread should be closed.

The article can be found on the other thread on the Forum section 2012

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Wrong, the same article can be discussed in the "News Forums" and another forum at the same time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join