It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trip to the Creation Museum... and What it's REALLY All About

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Recently, my friend and I took a road trip to Cincinnati and then to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky. The Creation Museum is not far from Cincinnati and we decided to take the short detour so we could see it. I decided it was probably worthwhile to recount what exactly the museum is like. What was interesting was seeing Mammoth Caves the day after our visit to the museum. It was so interesting to get the 6,000 year old view and then immediately after, the 4.5 billion year old view of the history of Earth.

I have a LOT to say about the museum and it’s simply too long to post here. So I created a blog that I invite you to visit so you can read about the museum. I describe the building, the visitors, the shows, and the museum exhibits themselves so you can have a really good idea of what the place is really like.

This is the link: anopusmagnum.blogspot.com...

I thought the museum’s ‘tag line’ slogan is interesting: Prepare to Believe. I know, it sounds a little like a bumper sticker, but the point of it is that the museum presents things unlike those in other museums. It’s the first and only museum I’ve ever been to that asks the public to please believe what you see in it. There are no actual artifacts of anything like you’d find in a regular museum, just figures and images expressing views, ideas and concepts. It’s sort of like a wax museum and what is presented is subject to interpretation.

Anyway, please feel free to read the blog to find out about the museum. In the end though, I’m not sure any museum, no matter how pretty it is, is going to change anyone’s mind about Creationism or Evolution theories. This is a subject that will never have a resolution until we are face-to-face with J.C.

For those of you who don’t like to read long articles, I apologize, but there is a lot to say about the place and even so, I only touched on some of the wild and crazy stuff we saw there. Anyway, here’s the link to the truth about the place. Enjoy.

Creation Museum Blog

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

I'm an intelligent logical person.... and Creationism as explained by intelligent, well informed people just simply....makes sense.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well written blog, OP. Thanks for the virtual tour. I've never been to one of those museums so I appreciate hearing about it in such detail. Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I'm an intelligent logical person.... and Creationism as explained by intelligent, well informed people just simply....makes sense.

I'm glad that you're intelligent and logical. Because of that, i am POSITIVE that if you went and saw some of the stuff I described, you'd be questioning the sensibility of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Thanks a lot for sharing jupiter869!
I thought from other reports that there was also a rather graphic part in the vein of "You know who else believed in evolution? Adolf Hitler!" Is that part gone?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Great blog!! Too bad it's so long. Most people are too lazy to read more than 4 paragraphs. Its a very good description of what its like at that so-called "museum".

No explanation why only Caucasians go there though. Interesting observation.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Despite once being a creationist, I reckon it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

I hear this a lot from creationists: [from the blog]

The “creation orchard” theory says that God created different kinds of animals during Creation Week and after the flood,

They never explain this. "All the kinds of animals." It's pretty stupid though because a Grey hound and a Retriever are of the same "kind" but not Wolves. A retriever and a wolf are the same "kind" but not tiger. A Wolf and a Tiger are the same "kind" but not a Dolphin. A wolf and a dolphin are the same "kind" of animal but not a Gecko. A dolphin and a gecko are the same "kind" of animal but not a Roster - or if the "kind" is land animals then a gecko and a Roster are the same kind but not a dolphin.

That's not to bring plants or bacteria into the mix.

But then the creationist claim that no kind can become a completely different kind, but they can't even define what that means so can't honestly even try to explain that they can't turn into different "kinds".

And what's more, by what mechanism prevents this kind-change? They freely admit that things can adapt into breeds in a ludicrously short amount of time, yet somehow that variation stops at a particular threshold. Why? If things can vary, why only so much?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

They never explain this. "All the kinds of animals." It's pretty stupid though because a Grey hound and a Retriever are of the same "kind" but not Wolves. A retriever and a wolf are the same "kind" but not tiger. A Wolf and a Tiger are the same "kind" but not a Dolphin. A wolf and a dolphin are the same "kind" of animal but not a Gecko. A dolphin and a gecko are the same "kind" of animal but not a Roster - or if the "kind" is land animals then a gecko and a Roster are the same kind but not a dolphin.

That's not to bring plants or bacteria into the mix.

But then the creationist claim that no kind can become a completely different kind, but they can't even define what that means so can't honestly even try to explain that they can't turn into different "kinds".

And what's more, by what mechanism prevents this kind-change? They freely admit that things can adapt into breeds in a ludicrously short amount of time, yet somehow that variation stops at a particular threshold. Why? If things can vary, why only so much?

The Creationists' explanation is called the "Creation Orchard" theory. After the Great Flood, there was pretty much a clean slate, with all animals being pretty much entirely wiped out, and all of the animals that were created BEFORE the flood were gone... except for one kind.

The “creation orchard” theory says that God created different kinds of animals during "Creation Week". After the flood, those animals that were "saved" evolved further into different diversified types of the same species, such as different kinds of dogs or different kinds of birds. It does not support the idea that dogs and birds could be a part of the same evolutionary ‘tree.’

Here is an example of how the Creation Orchard theory works: Let’s just take dogs for this example. God created dogs and in the 1500 years between Creation Week and Noah's flood, dogs evolved and diversified into a number of different kinds (or breeds.) However, Noah couldn’t take every single kind of dog into the ark, so he took only one kind. Let’s say, for the sake of this example, Noah took two toy poodles onto the ark—one male and one female. After the flood, the two poodles got off the ark and set off on their way into the sunset, and in the next 4500 years, they evolved into every single kind of dog we see today—from toy poodles to pit bulls and everything in between. We thought that was a lot of evolution for 4500 years—300 generations of dogs evolving into about 160 different kinds! That’s a completely new breed of dog every 2 generations or so! So that would mean that your grandmother's dog would have to be an entirely different breed from your dog.

Now things are clearer, huh?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You said yourself that there were no artifacts, no physical proof. It's hardly rational and not scientific. Pretty pathetic really.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circle

You said yourself that there were no artifacts, no physical proof. It's hardly rational and not scientific. Pretty pathetic really.

It is pathetic, yet there it is, touting itself as irrefutable fact. Frankly, it's quite shocking.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Now things are clearer, huh?

LOL. Sure, I get that all but it doesn't explain anything. Them saying "This is so." doesn't explain how or why...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Does this so-called Museum display the 6,500 OTHER creation myths from around the world, or just those two tired old fables of the Jews (Gen 1:1 to Gen 2:4a and Gen 2:4b to Gen 4:26) ?

There would have to be a fairly sizeable museum to house ALL the creation myths of the world....

Why do 'creation scientists' ALWAYS feel they have to revert back to the warped myths of illiterate desert semi nomads for their source material?

Surely there are OTHER creation stories/expalanations out there except YHWH and his xenophobic sexist racist 'chosen people' and his arrogant genocidal extermination programs?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

J, nice blog friend!

Question-How 'old' was Adam and Eve? On the day after they were created?

OT

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Eve.

Adam.

They lived at different times, approximately 100,000 years apart.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

i hope that was a joke.

this is not a second line.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Why? All humans were descended from a single man who lived about 60,000 years ago in Africa. We are all also descended from a single female ancestor who lived between 150,000 to 250,000 years ago in Africa. In both cases, the lineages of all other people died out and all living people are to find themselves in the surviving lineage of Y Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve.

SCIENCE! It delivers.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circle

It's simply propaganda.

It tells you to please believe whatever it tells you to believe.

I am glad some people take satisfaction in their beliefs, and I am trying not to step on any toes or poke fun.

But this place can hardly be called a museum.

It's a museum in name only from your report.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

Eve.

Adam.

They lived at different times, approximately 100,000 years apart.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by Welfhard]

Yeah, I'm still around big guy!

Concerning your post? Well I guess they say, "older women are better lovers!"

Talk about a vow of chastity
wow! Eve must have been a fundamentalist to "wait" so long....

It must have been destiny for ADAM!!!!!

Oh well, we disagree again

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH T"

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"The world, before Adam, must have been one of heavy to industrial strength lesbianism, one assumes."

- Stephen Fry on Y Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve.

A) There is no reason to think these individuals were actually named by their people as Adam or Eve, those names wouldn't have existed then.

B) Mitochondrial Eve had many descendants by the time Y Chromosomal Adam meandered onto the scene, no doubt YC Adam 'knew' (in the biblical sense) many of them and it's entirely probable that we're all the descendants of several of those couplings. Not even the bible claims people lived for 100,000 years.

C) You disagree because you're preserving your own little belief based on nothing but fairytales. These are findings in the field of genetics and as such there is no possible justification in disregarding them.

Science > The Bible

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've said it a million times, if God is real along with creationalism, he is the laziest God ever. All that infinite God wisdom and instead of making a buch of diff animals, he makes a cat, a big cat, a big black cat, a brown cat, a brown cat with a main, a small cat with spots, a big cat with spots, etc, see where im going??? Make the one cat and make the 45 foot long crazy flying ipod shaped half mammal half reptile that sheds its skin 4 times a day and is a different color every time, then i'd be impressed!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join