It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Italy UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i always wondered about these really stange UFO pic from Italy

what this craft can be?

Recently, Roberto Di Giorgio, head of general security for the Italian Air force commented that at least 38 cases recorded by the Air Force have no explanation. He stressed ‘We cannot rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence (in relation to these sightings). According to Italy's prime UFO research organisation, The National UFO Centre, the Italian Air Force has revealed to ufologists that it has around 400 separate detailed reports on UFO incidents dating back to 1979.

Is this a tactic by Italy to use open alien presence as a chance to regain Rome's position as a world superpower? Will the Latin world, by taking the lead on this issue, end up leaving the English speaking nations, that refuse to divulge what they know on the topic, behind in a new galactic reality.

1961-Pescara, Italy. Bruno Ghibaudi, a scientific newspaper journalist, took several photographs of strange flying devices on the beaches of Pescara along the Adriatic sea in April 1961. He also claims he had encountered extra-terrestrial beings. Here is a larger version of the picture. Note: This looks more like a flying locust than anything else. One of the strangest flying objects I have seen.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
haha it's Herby the little helicopter ( Herby was it's name, was it? :puz

seen these a while ago, but still have me puzzled.
thanks for bringing them to my attention......again!

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Since it looks like it has wings, it might not be extraterrestial ... Also, I remember having seen a similar aircraft in much better resolution. Don#t ask me where - I'm confused with this memory myself ... hrmm.....

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

My favorite is this ufo video supposedly filmed on an Italian army base.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10/11/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

Hi, deejayiwan

Mysterious Winged UFO

Around mid-day on April 27, 1961, Bruno Ghibaudi, a scientific journalist, was driving the highway paralleling the beach at Montesilvano (Pescara), felt a flat tire and pulled his car over and stopped. As he began changing the bad tire, and as he was working at that task, he noticed an unusual metallic-looking disc- shaped flying objectcoming in at a low level over the ocean. It passed overhead, slowed, made a sharp turn towards the north and flew away. (Case 16, Project Blue Book)

www.rense.com...

• Above is the only known photo of the strange, almost organic multi-winged craft Bruno photographed.

• Above, the craft as depicted in the artwork from La Domenica del Corriere, April 15 1962.
    During these years, many possible explanations were provided, including grasshopper and a Lockheed L133. But only recently i stumbled upon this article by Romano Di Bernardo:

Marshal Di Francesco, of Carabinieri Command Group (at that time located in the central Nicola Fabrizi street) with whom I had good relations within the framework of my activities reporter, called me by phone to the office in Pescara on the same day that saw the article regarding the alleged sighting by Ghibaudi, and asked to me to go to his office.
    He showed me the article and asked to me for an opinion on the veracity of the article and photographs published showing objects flying above the beach in Pescara. My answer was not a conclusive "NO", even though my gut told me that this was some badly done orchestrated BS. Anyway i expressed my doubts about the reliability of the sighting. Di Francesco, however, had already decided the news was false and could create issues to public order. Then the author was charged for generating panic on the population. The marshal told me that the "flying saucer" was nothing but a model that in those days was for sale in the toy area of Standa in Corso Vittorio Emanuele. (NOTE: Standa is an italian Supermatrket Chain)
    The marshal had already compared the object in the picture with the model and had no doubts it was the same.
    I went immediately to Standa in order to make my own comparisons and actually the toy was exactly the same as the photo published.
    Then i wrote an article regarding the hoax, but strangely enough it was NEVER published. Days after the Marshall called me back and told me that "we never talked about the case". I've decided to come clean because i've learned that a book claiming the autenticity of the photo is to be published....

Actually, the article is longer, but this is the relevant part.
    Notice that Ghibaudi, the author of the photo, wrote also two books about "flying models":
    Modelli Volanti (Il libro completo dell'Aeromodellismo)
    Edizioni Mursia - 1965 Milano (prima edizione)

and Modelli Volanti (Enciclopedia dell'Aeromodellismo)
    Edizioni Mursia - 1973 Milano (quarta edizione)

Romano Di Bernardo, the author of the article, mentioned a Marshal of Carabinieri, italian local police: for his efforts and his achievements in his investigations on Pescara sightings, he was also awarded by National Ufo Center

We can consider him very serious and reliable, he also would have no reasons to discredit a sighting so many years after it took place: still, a photo showing the model is still missing. The purpose of his article was just to avoid to one of his friends who was going to publish a book, to publish some chapters based on some hoax.
    Basically, we miss the very smoking gun, but given the circumstances, it's
    extremely likely that the whole story is an hoax.

• posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
    link   
    ok. for those that know me, you also know its not often I place a serious response. But, taking UFO research, theory, and developement of ideas seriously, I will TRY to withold all humour.
    It was stated above that "It has wings so it cannot be extraterrestrial." then someone else stated that it looked "Almost Organic". Now comes my theory.

Suppose this is something we have not taken into consideration. Perhaps the vehicles we see in UFOlogy, which for this purpose I will extend to the alleged USO's.

Perhaps they are literally one in the same. A completely organic machine that can change shape based off the condition of the environment.

We always go on about anti-gravity engines, but how effective is this when underwater? Where its not so much gravity you have to worry about, as much as the effect of gravity, that being pressure.

Water, we all know, in mass quantity is under GREAT pressure, to the point where some of it is atomically altered. (hence heavy water.I believe is atomically called H3O... I BELIEVE)

Now... if these 'aliens' are in bases within the ocean, they would be navigating under EXTREME levels of pressure.

Suppose now these USO vehicles are the same thing as the UFO, but change shape when under water, and perhaps have some other method of propulsion within the confines of our oceans.

Seriously. when you look at the shape of that craft in the photo, I can see how one could think Grasshopper, but clearly it is not. Look at the shape of the craft without wings.. its a bloody disk. With the wings.. or fins, the entire thing is a small bubble with fins everywhere. Ultimately its a very rigid shape for submerged travel. When it goes out of the water perhaps it uses that same propulsion system until it gets high enough and 'morphs' back to its disk shape.

Yes yes, I know how far fetched this sounds, but considering the field we are all adopting as our main hobby, it fits right in. We know nothing about these things save, some are clearly human, and some may not be. We have not come close to organic machines, to my knowledge... hmm.. maybe someone else has.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by stanlee]

new topics

top topics

join