It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a lie from man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
reply to post by Arsenis

In Genesis, it is stated that the earth (planet, not physical material) was created on the third day. Ironically, the term "day" happens due to earth's rotation. There, by definition, can't be a "third day" without earth being here.

Actually the Hebrew words used for "day" & "night" actually mean "a warming up period" and "a cooling down period", respectively, not a 12 or 24 hour time period.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
reply to post by Arsenis

I agree that religion can be a cancer and is most certainly man made.

I think I have always believe God and religion are seperate really.

Religion is nothing more than man's attempt to "organize" spirituality. Spirituality is what God is concerned with and the Bible does state that. Nowhere do you find where God said Protestants, Catholic, Islam, etc. are either right or wrong. I do believe in Jesus, as the Son of God who died on the cross for me since I accepted Him thus and believe I will be rewarded by having all my "transgressions against the Law" already paid for. I'd really rather rely on Jesus and His gift to take care of my sins instead of my own conscience to get me by at the Judgement Day!

And now to quote Paul in one of his letters (this book is believed by most Biblical scholars to have been written by Paul) to the Romans (2:14-16) "Indeed, when Gentiles [anyone not a Jew], who do not have the Law [the Torah, 1st 5 books of the Bible], do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them . This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares."

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by willow1d

Where do you get this utter nonsense from?

I mean do you have a textbook of this stuff written down or are you really that uncapable of understanding things in the bible?

This is nonsense, utter nonsense.

This is like trying to say that the sky is purple when its blue if you look up at the sky.

The ignorance on this topic is astounding me.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by willow1d

reply to post by Arsenis

I agree that religion can be a cancer and is most certainly man made.

I think I have always believe God and religion are seperate really.

Religion is nothing more than man's attempt to "organize" spirituality. Spirituality is what God is concerned with and the Bible does state that. Nowhere do you find where God said Protestants, Catholic, Islam, etc. are either right or wrong. I do believe in Jesus, as the Son of God who died on the cross for me since I accepted Him thus and believe I will be rewarded by having all my "transgressions against the Law" already paid for. I'd really rather rely on Jesus and His gift to take care of my sins instead of my own conscience to get me by at the Judgement Day!

And now to quote Paul in one of his letters (this book is believed by most Biblical scholars to have been written by Paul) to the Romans (2:14-16) "Indeed, when Gentiles [anyone not a Jew], who do not have the Law [the Torah, 1st 5 books of the Bible], do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them . This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares."

I def believe Jesus was here adn I would love it if he truely was the son of God.

I want to believe it in my heart but my head wont let me.

Maybe faith is a gift that i havent received I dunno.

I really do feel there is something out there though. Life is just too amazing to have happened by accident.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I def believe Jesus was here adn I would love it if he truely was the son of God.

I was raised in the church, but I went through a long period where I either didn't believe any more or for most of my time, I was searching just like you. I got into studying about the afterlife, what other religions believed, etc. From there I studied the NDEs (Near Death Experience).

I found 100 NDE's that I studied in depth. I didn't use the ones that could have been influenced by drugs, either recreational or given medically. I only took those who were actually pronounced dead. There was another criteria but it's been so long, I don't remember now what it was.

But in over 90% (again don't remember the exact number though I think it was 95%) they all saw a "Being of Light" and most (again don't remember %age now) recognized Him as being Jesus. My favorite one is a Jewish girl who died and met Him. She said she looked at Him and said right off, "But I don't even believe in you." She said He just smiled and welcomed her in. Too many, "nonbelievers" met whom they believed was Jesus for it not to be Him. Those who didn't see Him probably weren't ever going to accept Him. Same for those who had no memory of what happened after they died.

Science can't explain all of it, nor recreate all of the NDE experiences, e.g. seeing a red shoe on the hospital's roof that was proven was there, etc. All sorts of unexplainable things happen w/NDEs that can't be ignored. Therefore, I must believe the percentages, NDEs actually happen. And if the NDEs happen and they saw Jesus, the Being of Light, then this too leads to belief in Him being the Son of God.

Like I've heard before, psychologists who have studied the gospels say Jesus actually did believe what He was saying. Therefore, Jesus really is the Son of God as He claimed, or He was one whacked out person.

And remember His disciples who knew Him personally either died for Him or put themselves in constant mortal danger because they believed Him with all their hearts. Even Jesus' brother James who didn't believe Jesus when He was alive, but did believe after His resurrection was put to death because he refused to give up His belief in Jesus. Josephus & oral tradition has that most of the disciples were put to death for their belief in Him.

I want to believe it in my heart but my head wont let me. Maybe faith is a gift that i havent received I dunno.

The first part of faith has to come from you. Don't expect the "extra blessing" of faith as Paul talked about to come until you have come to believe in Him more. It took me several years of studying before I could truly accept Him as being who He said He was and that He did indeed die on the cross and was resurrected. At that point, I received the "peace" of it all. Just keep studying and asking questions. Keep praying tho' you might have a hard time with it. Just talk to God and Jesus while you're looking. And look for the truth. When you find something, look for those for and against it. See who is trying too hard and seems to be reaching.

But many victories were gained, many discoveries were made because they went with their heart, gut, feelings and not their head. Most of the great minds in the past were at least Deists, if not Christians. Even Steven Hawking has made a comment

“Hawking has stated, ‘I thought I had left the question of the existence of a Supreme Being completely open. ... It would be perfectly consistent with all we know to say that there is a Being who was responsible for all the laws of physics.’ Stephen Hawking is probably an agnostic or a deist (a believer in an impersonal god) …. He is certainly not an atheist,” Schaefer noted.

www.westernrecorder.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I mean do you have a textbook of this stuff written down or are you really that uncapable of understanding things in the bible? This is nonsense, utter nonsense. This is like trying to say that the sky is purple when its blue if you look up at the sky. The ignorance on this topic is astounding me.

Can you explain what part is "ignorant"? What do you believe? What have I "misunderstood" about the Bible? Can you please give exactly what it is you are referring to and not make generalizations? I would be able to counter then, civilly and not throw insults around.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by willow1d

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I mean do you have a textbook of this stuff written down or are you really that uncapable of understanding things in the bible? This is nonsense, utter nonsense. This is like trying to say that the sky is purple when its blue if you look up at the sky. The ignorance on this topic is astounding me.

Can you explain what part is "ignorant"? What do you believe? What have I "misunderstood" about the Bible? Can you please give exactly what it is you are referring to and not make generalizations? I would be able to counter then, civilly and not throw insults around.

I was in a rush last night and have taken your post completely out of context.

My fault.

Apologies.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I would like to say that the Bible is not the end all be all of religion, and I'm really tired of how people say "religion" but mean "Christianity". Open your mind, there are hundreds of religions and some might argue as many religions as there are human beings.

Religion is not a dogma, a set of moral standards, a prophecy or a book. Religion is what you do to feel close to your conception of God, weather its a particle, an energy, a being, or some other abstract idea.

[edit on 2009/10/12 by Seventhdoor]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

No prob.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join