It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a lie from man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
First of all, before anyone saying this is a Religion Bash thread, I will tell you this much...

I myself believe Religion is a VIRUS of HUMANS made by HUMANS to infect the mind.

So to all religious people, because I am going against your faith(hope) and faith is only hope, I hope for a better day like your faith hopes for your god of choice.

I myself am a Agnostic, I do not know if there is a god, but everyone claiming there is should be ashamed, number one because you have no proof and you based everything on hope, second, which actually belongs to every religion, you believe in a book written by men through out generations and still believe you can be fooled the same way government has done to us right now and here today.

The biggest defense from religious people is that the bible was written by god through people, have people ever lied? yes, but wait, the bible says that it cannot be written different because god says so, OK?, who said this, a man right, so all believers are man made.

I myself I not sure if there is a GOD, I have no proof nor anything else, I have read the bible and if the bible is meant to be taken as a true book, I believe most of us are mistaken, because the bible says the temple is your body (which is my own interpretation) and if god is everywhere we have only to listen to him and not the word of MAN.

find yourself, do what is best for you and everyone around you, morals is what the bible teaches, it is not religion.!!

Comment, bash me, do as you wish, but if you think religion is the right way, make a point that religion benefits everyone and doesn't contradicts itself and it isn't based on a book translated from thousands of people, if GOD touch your soul, you can make the best argument, which might help me and others.

I say go ahead, or make the excuses many religious people have made.

I will include this as a quote, if you will answer to my argument as well as the quote it will be appreciated.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

EDIT I wrote excuses wrong.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Arsenis]

Mod edit: Removed all caps title

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I agree, and this video by Pat Condell sums it up!

Mod Edit:

1j.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

If that video does not make any sense,(thank you by the way) make an argument against the message and not the person instead!.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

most religions are a lie made by man I'll agree with that, but some were established by God himself, the ops problem is he's a control freak is my guess, I make a bold statement but at least I'll admit it's my opinion and in no way do I expect it to change anyones point of view, faith is more than hope, faith is something hoped for that is true, you can't prove it's true, if you could having faith in it would be pointless, you can't have faith in something that is not true, if so you will have false hope and false faith, but I guess some people won't find the answers untl their featured in an episode of ghost hunters heh jk, I don't even think most people will realise the truth after they die, humans are stubborn in nature, even dead humans, I think evolution of the mind is eternal.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
reply to post by Arsenis

most religions are a lie made by man I'll agree with that, but some were established by God himself, the ops problem is he's a control freak is my guess, I make a bold statement but at least I'll admit it's my opinion and in no way do I expect it to change anyones point of view, faith is more than hope, faith is something hoped for that is true, you can't prove it's true, if you could having faith in it would be pointless, you can't have faith in something that is not true, if so you will have false hope and false faith, but I guess some people won't find the answers untl their featured in an episode of ghost hunters heh jk, I don't even think most people will realize the truth after they die, humans are stubborn in nature, even dead humans, I think evolution of the mind is eternal.

If you can really explain the difference about hope and faith it will be appreciated instead of just saying they are just different things, if they are how are they different,.
quotes:

Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See synonyms at belief, trust.

if you look at that quote it is basically on belief and thrust, has anyone let you down or only god cannot let you down? do you know that besides the book or other manners? and one more question, did you see the video posted and criticized the faults of the video?( not the person but the message?)

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Arsenis]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I agree with you, religion is a prison to your mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Religion is simply a tool invented to manipulate and enslave people. "Religion" has nothing to do at all with believing in a creator. It is one tool to prevent you from connecting with the creator.

I was an atheist for 37 of my 38 years.

It still sucks to be THAT wrong

Something as "I believe in ..." or "I am an christian/muslim/whatever ..." will not come from my lips.

I am a human being. I know my creator.

There's no more fuss needed. If you want to talk to your father you don't build him an altar and decorate the place with symbols and fall on your knees, sing songs, meditate, count chakras, channel aliens ... you just talk to him (well ... I don't know YOUR father but mine did not need that).

And guess what? The big father ... creator ... great maker ... doesn't need that either. In fact he likes it if one of his children steps before him naked and simply talks to him ("naked" as in "as you are" - no need to physically undress!).

There's so few doing that over the last centuries you know ...

Be well,

Deckard

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

I myself believe Religion is a VIRUS of HUMANS made by HUMANS to infect the mind.

And you are entitled to that belief, don't let a few billion of us try to convince you otherwise.

After all, what do we know that you don't...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'll go ya one further, OP.

I've often thought that religion, specifically that of the Western Bible, is the epitome of self-fulfilled prophecy, in that it is its own Antichrist.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The old testament is recorded history, prophecy, and our Heavenly Father speaking directly to the prophets.

Isaiah 30:8-9
Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: that this a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.

Isaiah 34:16-17
Seek you out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it has commanded, and his spirit it has gathered them. And he has cast the lot for them, and his hand has divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

Isaiah 29:10-16
For the LORD has poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and has closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers has he covered. and the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this , I pray thee: and he says, I cannot; for it is sealed: and the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he says, I am not learned.

Wherefore the LORD said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, have removed their heart far from me, and thier fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who sees us? and who knows us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potters clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of Him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Isaiah 59:4
None calls for justice, nor any pleads for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.

Isaiah 46:8-10
Remember this, and show yoursleves men: bring it again to mind, O you transgressors. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are NOT YET DONE, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Isaiah 44:24-28
Thus says the LORD, your redeemer, and he that formed you from the womb, I am the LORD that makes all things; that stretches forth the heavens alone; that spreads abroad the earth by myself; that frustrates the tokens of the liars, and makes diviners mad; that turns wise men backward, and makes their knowledge foolish; that confirms the word of his servant, and preforms the counsel of his messengers; that says to Jerusalem, You shall be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, You shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:

that says to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up your rivers: That says of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, You shall be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Known fact. Isaiah prophesied about Cyrus and the proclamation for Jerusalm to be rebuilt back in 800 B.C. Cyrus did not rule unto around 545 B.C. Which is recorded in Ezra and Nehemiah.

You have to know the word of God, before condemning the Bible. But He knew you would reject Him and His WORD as stated above.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Biblical definition of Religion:

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Is this poison??????????????

Isaiah 58:6-7
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to deal your bread to the hungry, and that you bring the poor that are cast out to your house? When you see the naked, that you cover him; and that you hide not yourself from your own flesh?

Is this poison??????????

Isaiah 59:12-16
For our transgressions are multiplied before you, and our sins testify againt us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them; In transgressng and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood. And judgment is turned away backward, and justice stands afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

Yea, truth fails; and he that departs from evil makes himself a pra: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness,it sustained him.

Proverbs 4 1-9
Hear, you children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake you not my law. For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words, keep my commandments, and LIVE.

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall perserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing: therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote you: she shall bring thee to honour, when you do embrace her.

She shall give to you head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

I do not believe that the Word of God is poison. Now being taught that you were evolved from an ape and not the image of God, like we are properly taught, now that is poison and rather demeaning.

LOVE the LORD thy God with all thy heart, with all thy mind and with all thy strength. LOVE thy neighbor as thyself.

Beautiful words.

But this is our world today.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

God's judgment on the bad teachers and priests that should have taught you the truth.

Jeremiah 25:34-38
Howl, you shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, you principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersons are accomplished; and you shall fall like a pleasant vessel. And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape. A voiceof the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principle of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD has spoiled their pasture.

And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD. he has forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

Judgment. Revelation first 5 seals. The big V people. It's all over the place.
Hosea 4. Fish, wildlife..etc taken away.

Everything that the LORD God said was going to happen in the last days is here. Be prepared to meet your God. For Jesus Lives and is our judge

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Biblical definition of Religion:

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Is this poison??????????????

Isaiah 58:6-7
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to deal your bread to the hungry, and that you bring the poor that are cast out to your house? When you see the naked, that you cover him; and that you hide not yourself from your own flesh?

Is this poison??????????

Isaiah 59:12-16
For our transgressions are multiplied before you, and our sins testify againt us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them; In transgressng and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood. And judgment is turned away backward, and justice stands afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

Yea, truth fails; and he that departs from evil makes himself a prey and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness,it sustained him.

Proverbs 4 1-9
Hear, you children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake you not my law. For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words, keep my commandments, and LIVE.

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall perserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing: therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote you: she shall bring thee to honour, when you do embrace her.

She shall give to you head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

I do not believe that the Word of God is poison. Now being taught that you were evolved from an ape and not the image of God, like we are properly taught, now that is poison and rather demeaning.

LOVE the LORD thy God with all thy heart, with all thy mind and with all thy strength. LOVE thy neighbor as thyself.

Beautiful words.

But this is our world today.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

God's judgment on the bad teachers and priests that should have taught you the truth.

Jeremiah 25:34-38
Howl, you shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, you principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersons are accomplished; and you shall fall like a pleasant vessel. And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape. A voiceof the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principle of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD has spoiled their pasture.

And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD. he has forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

Judgment. Revelation first 5 seals. The big V people. It's all over the place.
Hosea 4. Fish, wildlife..etc taken away.

Everything that the LORD God said was going to happen in the last days is here. Be prepared to meet your God. For Jesus Lives and is our judge

[edit on 11-10-2009 by ljib777]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
reply to post by Arsenis

most religions are a lie made by man I'll agree with that, but some were established by God himself.....

Here we go...what religion was that that was created/established by "God himself," and which God was that anyway? There are many in history, and in the Bible, which one created a religion? Now if you were to say that extraterrestrials created a religion to control mankind, I could agree with that one. You statement has no basis in fact, and the truth is, you don't know what your God did back then, do you? If this was a slip of the tongue, I take it all back.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ljib777

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I surely would like to see just one Christian make a point without posting more Bible quotes..I would venture to say that most of the Bible is already posted in this forum anyway. Don't they realize how posting the same quotes over and over make them look?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

I like the quote.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by ljib777

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I surely would like to see just one Christian make a point without posting more Bible quotes..I would venture to say that most of the Bible is already posted in this forum anyway. Don't they realize how posting the same quotes over and over make them look?

How about the one that CS Lewis (and Touched by an Angel even) had come up with....

If you were walking in the woods and came across a gold watch lying on a stump. Would you believe that it just created itself or that someone had dropped the watch there?

Now compare the universe(s) to a gold watch. We know that nature logically could not, would not create a gold watch. Yet the watch is a lot simpler than the complexity it takes to create the universe(s), put the earth in what is considered the safest place in our universe and other little nuances necessary for life as put forth by Sir Fred Hoyle (author of "The Universe: Past and Present Reflections" Engineering & Science, Nov 1981) when he said, "A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with the physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."

So, could nature have actually built our universe, solar system, planet, construed all the physics needed, all the just right chemicals needed to even create the elements, mass, etc. needed for the constrution of air, land, water, plants, animals, humanity? This all had to be done in just the right order, the right combination, and at the right time. There's so much more to our universe and its ability to support life than the average person knows or can even comprehend.

As it has been said before...It's easier to believe in a Creator than to believe that the gold watch could have been built itself. Ergo, it takes MORE faith to believe in no God than to believe in one.

And my spirituality isn't fearful at all. Actually, I'm quite at peace about the afterlife. It's this life that makes one fearful!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

In Genesis, it is stated that the earth (planet, not physical material) was created on the third day. Ironically, the term "day" happens due to earth's rotation. There, by definition, can't be a "third day" without earth being here.

This is a flat out false statement in the Bible. It means the Bible was written by humans who thought the earth is the center of everything and not a rotating sphere.

If the Bible ~was~ written by God, as claimed by many, then God is not all-sentient because He didn't know that days are due to a spinning planet.

Another big one for me is that people say God is a good God - this aggravates me! The God of the Bible is a jerk! He's selfish, plays favorites, destroys things, plays games with people's lives, and on and on.

In my opinion if people are strong Christians they either haven't read the Bible or are simply ignorant to the meanings of the words.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

I agree that religion can be a cancer and is most certainly man made.

I think I have always believe God and religion are seperate really. If there is a higher being out there I dont think he is associated with the religions of today, just my opinion though.

I do believe there was a man named Jesus though. Don't think he walked on water or raised the dead but instead a great man who inspired people to be better than they were.

For me my heart want to believe in a higher power/god but my brain .... well my brain is on the fence.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
so why dos a all powerful god need to be worshiped?
if the bible is the word of god why do they keep changing the contents?
all religions are the false gods god and Moses warned us about...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Its really not all that complicated.

Look at any fruit that has a seed and try to find any fact as to how the tree that created the fruit came into existence given the fact that the seed comes from the fruit that the tree creates.

Multi celled plants, ie trees, are something that makes absolutely no sense in science, no theory has been proven as fact as to how they came about. Remember, Photosynthesis is only applicable to single celled plantlife but that whole argument leads down the road of how the earth got here which is just as bad an argument, ie a bang that was big.

Even the evolution theory itself is completely flawed, if we came from apes as just one example then why are apes still here? Evolution adapts a lifeform for its environment and results in the older model being obsolete, ie gone. Why are apes still here?

By the way, the reason that christians quote the bible is not to ram it down anyones throat, its to show you that the word is true because it is happening. That is what proof is, a piece of information that shows an event.

People are trying to wake others up to the fact that they are walking blindfolded into their own oblivion.

Sometimes it does people good to flip the coin and put yourself in anothers position instead of constantly looking at the one side.

The points I have just made do not mean nothing to me but the reason I have listed a small amount are just to make you think rather than get your guard up.

If what so called intelligent people are saying is true then here is life as we know it...

We were created by a bang, it was a big bang from atoms that rubbed together. That sounds like someone who is emotionally challenged trying to describe an orgasm by the way!

We dont know who we are, when we are or what the whole point of this is at all.

As for religion, religion as described in the bible which you dont want any christian to quote is about fellowship. Thats all and just like anything else it can be abused by anyone that has that motive just like absolutely anything that exists.

As for anything else in this thread in future, I could not care less because it is not important but you asked a christian to answer you and I consider that important because all too often questions go unanswered in amongst pointless bickering.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join