It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Feel Like Something Is Suppressing OOBE's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I've only had one experience, about 4 years ago. It was intense and very very different from anything I have felt before or after. I wasn't even a believer until I did it, but every time I've tried after that one time, I'll get to the point where I feel myself being free from my body, then one of two things happens. I begin to feel a resistance, sort of pushing me back. It gets stronger the more I try to continue, until there is a point where I get stuck. I can open my eyes, but it is difficult to move, and I am disoriented as if I'm half connected to my physical self. Feels like I'm spinning, if I try to get up and I can see my pillow, but my head is facing away from the pillow, yet at the same time, I can see the roof. It's like my vision is rapidly switching places. When this happens, once I finally am able to get up, I have a sense of anger sort of, that I cannot place. I am just angry at...nothing. If that doesn't occur, once I get to the point of slipping out of my body suddenly a ghoulish (for lack of better term) face appears in my mind and rushes towards me that startles me, effectively ending the experience. Just wondering if anyone else has these things happen. I really would like to have more experiences, but I simply am not "allowed" I think... :/

[edit on 10/11/2009 by euwhajavb]

[edit on 10/11/2009 by euwhajavb]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I feel you. I was in the same spot when I was into traveling. It got so frusterating that I just stopped for the time being. It is amazing though so I"ll prolly start up again at some point.
Anyway, to your question, I feel like there are so many abilities that we have but are somehow suppressed. Whether this is a learned suppression, or evolutionary suppression (use it or lose it type of deal) I'm not sure, but it is irritating. At times it feels like i'm my own worst enemy when it comes to these things.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yeah, I stop trying for awhile after this happens. It's been some time, I might try again soon

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think electromagnetic pollution like what is used in mobiles may do it.

I think they choose which frequency to use in mobiles on purpose, after years of studying, while torturing people.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Interesting theory. You might want to use this technique:
Imagine pulling yourself out of your body using an imaginary rope.
It worked for me, but I got scared because I heard laughter.

Good luck - Everybody has the power.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
That is a very good theory. Haven't really thought about that before

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you think the cause is electromagnetic, simply construct a Faraday Cage and sleep inside of it. Just make sure that your cage has a minimum mesh opening of 1/4 wavelength of the maximum frequency you want to get rid of, eg. one ghz is 11.78 inches, so 1/4 of that or roughly 3.9 inches. The cage should be well grounded. You could use metal plates, but that can get pretty claustrophobic and very expensive, on the other hand you could line the entire room with tinfoil and ground that, just make sure all the pieces are connected or you really won't have done anything.

Take it one step further though for sensory deprivation, sound insulate the room (in the walls, I used 6" walls with 4" insulation and 1/2" polystyrene foam both sides) and then use acoustic foam (egg carton type 2.5 lb is good, you can get it in Detroit for 72 cents a sq foot) and on the floor I used two layers of premium 3/4" rubber under pad plus 80 ounce carpet. You would be amazed at the effect and of what happens to the mental interference in a sound proofed Faraday Cage. I had one that I used as a recording studio for a number of years and it was the only room in the house where I felt calm and at peace.

Cheers

Bob

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes I know what you mean..
I've only had ONE real oobe but I never made it the full way, I got freaked out.
It was the only time I got the buzzing feeling in my body and as if ropes were attached vertically down my body were being pulled.

My only advice to your situation, is if you start going into an OOBE the most important thing is clearing your mind. Just relax.
Know in your mind what you wan't to accomplish before it happens, but don't think about too much while it's happening.. It'll snap you out of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think the most important thing is not thinking about having an Oobe! I had an amazing one recently... I went to my local beach and actually skimmed across the waves, dipped into the water... awesome.

I started having the vibrations today when I was lying down and so wanted the same experience and trying to think about where else I could go and then... thump... back to body and consciousnesses... bummer

The first one though, I gave it no thought, I followed instructions from my inner self (or outward guide, not sure?) to "roll out of bed" to release myself from my physical body and was away, it was brilliant. But I wasn't trying to do it, I hadn't even read anything about it (I wasn't a member here then, but it was a catalyst to making me find out more and that was one reason I found this site.. that and the LOA!)

I have had the vibrations all my life, like electricity going through my head, almost like a buzzing and whilst it was unpleasant during my teens as I had horrific hypnogogic hallucinations, once I got to the bottom of why that was happening, I learned to enjoy the experience and know that I would have amazing dreams when I had the vibrations and then of course just recently had the full Oobe and now I want more, but I know that when I get the vibes, I just have to go with the flow and let it all happen, but hopefully can direct it a bit once I'm in the state as there are lots of places I want to go!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I had a similar problem that I described on this thread And to this day, I strongly believe that the medallion (which I no longer wear) has caused spiritual damage that may take a very long time to reverse.

Im not saying this is your problem, but it is something to be mindful of. Maybe you had recently come into contact with this kind of energy or even an overdose of a negative personality? there are too many variables to really pin point it.

Just remember, do not be scared. It is who we all are, and practice really does make perfect.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ive had quite a few OOBE's in the past..........and all this entire year I have not been able to get out.
I have wondered WTF was up with this.

Maybe its just me but....
Is ANYBODY getting out lately?

Anyway I have this enormous thread all about having CONSCIOUS OOBE....and the information in that thread has helped more than a few people learn to do this........maybe you want to read on that thread and see what kind of great information is in it....mind you the better posts are from people other than me, who have more experience. Its a teaching and learning thread.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

CavemanDD also has a couple of AMAZING OOBE threads, how to and such you should check his stuff out.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I felt my phantom hand rising out of my real hand and I felt afraid so I told myself to not have an OBE (I've never had one before and although I want to experience one, I am partially afraid still). I tried to roll over onto my left side to and it took a few seconds but I did it and then I heard a weird woosh (much like the sound of ones pulse in the ear pumping against a pillow but for a constant 1 second or so). I was back to normal. I am definitely suppressing any possible OBEs, but not for much longer.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
maybe you want to read on that thread and see what kind of great information is in it....mind you the better posts are from people other than me, who have more experience. Its a teaching and learning thread.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-10-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

Wow, I read the excited retelling of an ATS member coming to your room and help pull you out of your body... what an amazing thing! Fantastic, really fantastic.

I feel inspired to have a go at OOBE after reading that. Since I've started night shift and sleeping 6 to 7 hours during the day, I've been finding my dreams becoming far more prolific and on top of that I've been finding that I spend a lot of time in between wakefulness and sleep, where I'm still aware but my body is tingly and weird, almost like it's more electrical than physical... I'm not sure if that's quite right, but I can't really explain it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

I've never tried purposely to pull myself out but I had experiences where I would be sleeping and when I open my eyes I would see something but then there would be like something closing my eyes and when I try to get up I feel like I'm leaving my body but something is forcing me back. I start having this fight where I want to sit up but something is pushing me like "NO! DON'T SIT UP!" I would be like lying there like a corpse and have this struggle for minutes. The last time it happened it lasted for two hours. That pushing force knocks my sub consciousness out and when i wake again the battle begins again. So I can understand the frustration in such things.

top topics

join