It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for massive ongoing protest on the Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The following article was posted on Information Clearing House - an extremely good alternative news site.

We are calling for 5000 people to commit to come to this Nation’s Capitol to participate in daily civil resistance to stop “business as usual,” because “business as usual” in this town is so corrupt and disordered.

We are not calling for this commitment for a day, a week, or a month. We are not even interested in making symbolic gestures. We are calling for this commitment until our demands of: All troops and para-military mercenaries, are ordered out of Iraq and Afghanistan, the drone bombings in the tribal regions of Af-Pak are discontinued and we get about the business of healing, reconciliation and REPARATIONS.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I am not an American - I am not in the US - but I would consider it an honor and a duty to participate in these demonstrations. I am considering attending, regardless of the distance.

This is the event that I have been waiting for - this is the opportunity that I feel people wanted - this is what I think needs to be done.

Many people have nothing more to lose - this action could be a turning point in history - I would love to see it over subscribed - I would love to see not 5,000, not 50,000 but 500,000 or 5,000,000 attend and throw their bodies onto the gears of war - and make the deadly machine stop.

Even if your beef with the government is about the economy, or the patriot act, or health care - or the million other ways the government is failing to act in the interests of its citizens - then you should attend this protest.

Please - if you can in any way assist in this movement - it is not related to me personally - I am not even an American - but I see that if this is successful, it will make the entire world a better place - and you have a chance to write your own name into the history of a better world.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I am an American and I would never do this. Why would I protest a war where our men and women have died. I don't think we should stop until we reach our objectives and make their deaths worth something.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
I am an American and I would never do this. Why would I protest a war where our men and women have died. I don't think we should stop until we reach our objectives and make their deaths worth something.

In some ways I'm stunned by your response - in other ways my understanding of Americans is being both expanded and verified.

Your men and women have died for the purposes of conquest and control - not by your country, but by those who hold the keys to your shackles.

You are a slave - as are all US soldiers and citizens (and all western citizens for that matter).

Their death has no meaning, it never will - even the original pretext was a lie. How can you win a war that is actually a permanent occupation? It cannot be won - it will be forever ongoing - because Iraq is not a nation to be set free, and have its people liberated - it is a nation to be enslaved and controlled - and those objectives cannot be met unless an ongoing force occupies the country.

Research stuff -and then think about it - think about why, and who - what is the purpose - what possible outcome is intended?

The war on Iraq was an aggressive invasion - it was intended to subdue and demoralize the nation, and bring it under US control. Due to the severe hatred within the country for Americans - then if it is not continuously occupied, then it will quickly throw off its shackles and any US directives or mandates. It will never be a safe place for an American, unless they are heavily armed.

Invading Afghanistan has many causes and reasons, none of them have anything to do with Osama, Al Quaida or any of the publicly stated reasons.

One reason was to re-instate the opium trade for the benefit of the Rothschilds - or whichever of the controller scum currently benefit from that trade. The sin of the Taliban was to burn all the opium crops in 2000, provoking an invasion. The other obvious reasons are to create a buffer against China, preventing it direct access to support Iran, to secure natural resources in the area, particularly energy resources, to destabilize Pakistan and to have an ongoing cost that profits the military industry at the expense of the US taxpayers.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

You cant keep fighting an unwinable war for the sake of the soldiers you've lost. We don't even know what the objectives are. wouldn't it be better to bring the troops back so no more have to die in vain?

I understand where your coming from, we have British soldiers dying on a daily basis, or returning from Afghanistan limbless and broken. No army in history has ever won in Afghanistan. i want our lads back, with their families not treated like cannon fodder.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

top topics

join