It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US considers phone companies 'arm of government'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Report: US considers phone companies 'arm of government'

rawstory.com

The US government doesn't have to reveal information about phone companies that may have spied illegally on Americans because those phone companies are an "arm of the government," the US Justice Department argued in a recent court case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What ??? Did I just read that right ???

Well folks if it wasn't over before it sure is now .

What ever happened to that lovely document called the Constitution ?

If things such as this doesn't provoke the people into doing something then we might as well give up now , or am I missing something here ?

Do people feel that its worth giving up certain rights all in the name of public safety ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
this country is going to hell in a handbsket and the masses are too high / distracted to give a damn.

what is the alternative?

we are trapped in the matrix...
where is morpheus when you need him?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
yikes!!!

this crap is just daily dose after daily dose of gross crimes against the US Populace...

makes me friggin sick

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

The really sad thing is that the only way this stuff can go on is by the people allowing it / not paying attention to it .

Boy isn't TV a wonderful substitution for freedom , especially now that they come in flat screen LCD

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

The really sad thing is that the only way this stuff can go on is by the people allowing it / not paying attention to it .

Boy isn't TV a wonderful substitution for freedom , especially now that they come in flat screen LCD

you are not kidding, i have been preaching this on here for months now. as in here

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

So True.. Just about everyone I talk too does nothing after work except go home to watch TV. No joke it's funny how the Masses do Nothing except watch TV.. It's dumbing down society at an unbelievable pace.. People usually say "it's cheaper than going out"

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
could be time to vacate the states.maybe illegally cross into mexico.everyone from down there is up here!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Whoever made that statement or claim in the Department of Justice is guilty of treason and is an enemy of the people. These criminals who take that position in the DOJ should be stripped of their employment and jailed for the rest of their lives. We should have a death penalty for such crimes against life liberty and the pursuit of happiness .

Edited to remove unintended misperceptions.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Also check out US S. 773 "The Cybersecurity Act of 2009" at www.govtrack.us...

It basically gives the government to at any time, for whatever reason they might come up with, take over and shut down the internet. If the bill passes, only certified government personnel will be allowed to run ISPs.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Its always been that way, but now they have the arrogance to say it. Oh yep obama brings change, he just shows how arrogant the government is. While bush said f u, obama says it in your face, with a smile.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
add that info on telecommunications to the facts that:
the new money laws allow the gov to "save any company to big to fail
now:
L3 communications (1/3 of the internet) is at a BB+ bond rating right now
thats not even considered investment status
that also means they pay more for borrowing their money
kinda like the auto mess
if that happens, this place (and all good info in general) goes away
anyone thinking of how to protect us that way?

thats why I collect old books
no server needed...lol

dr

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Time to update the current running list of government controlled entities in the US --

cars, banks, housing, healthcare, credit cards, Wall Street, insurance companies, education, the internet, and now phone companies.

Next up: media 'management'

Not to mention everything that is going to be controlled by 'saving the environment': fish, water, carbon tax, green living standards tax, etc.

He already has a headstart on controlling the media, so that should be all wrapped up failrly quickly. Anybody notice that now that the swine flu vaccine is here suddenly there are all of these reports of children dying each week from swine flu? Hmmm....wonder why they weren't apparently dying BEFORE the vaccine was available???

The climate bill is posing a bit of a problem, but my guess is this will go through right after healthcare reform, when people are occupied trying to figure out all the new rules and regulations.

Sooooo....all of you Obama supporters gettin' a little nervous yet? No? Well then don't you worry because we aren't even 25% into his term yet.....plenty of time left for more change! change! change! .....

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dr dodge

I agree , got to love those old book !!

One other thing about old books , they smell a lot better then our politicians .

new topics

top topics

join