It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith is but a faint spark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Faith is nothing worth if you don't turn it in to something.

Faith is a tool of the mind, to make you progress in thinking. If you believe in something you can source it out and turn it live. If you believe it, you could move mountains amd make the most incredible things in the process. However, most people who claim faith walk around like junkeys in persuit of their next high. "I'm a believer!" people claim, but what have they done? "I believe in Jesus!" they say. "And then he will set you free?" I would respond "...like a pack of bloodhounds?" Here they come....

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Faith in the religious aspect doesn't mean anything if God is not behind you. If you don't follow what God wants, faith can get you no where. FAITH WITHOUT WORKS MEANS NOTHING.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

You got that right! But please try to help people, not criticize.

But also, real faith is hard to practice without hardships, persecution, losing all your friends, etc. And a lot of it involves a lot of patience... Lots of waiting.... casting out all fears... and never giving up... GL!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If you tell a Christian that faith can move mountains, and lures him to prove it, he will sit down and wait for the mountain to move like a miracle, or simply sit there so long that he thinks the mountain has moved and later trying to convince the world that it has, giving the credits to Jesus.

On the other hand, if you put a stone mason infront of the same challenge, he'll gather his tools, make a quarry and cut the mountain into blocks, move it piece by piece to a new location where he would build a city from it and name it after his son.

What it takes to believe, is knowledge and imagination. A good idea is discribed as an idea that you believe in. The primary function the brain seeks by giving you the Evreka moment, is that you shall turn this idea into something. Not that you should turn Eureka moments into a habbit of weakness, waving your hands while babbling incomprehencibly trying to reach some kind of trance state, so you can say you have been baptised by the Holy Spirit. There is nothing holy with that. If you search for that Spirit, try turning a good idea into something good. That Buddhist who formed the micro banking system is more of a holy man than let's say Benny Hinn or the Pope. Spread knowledge, not some 2000 year old rumour.....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
" 2000 year old rumor "

not to thousands of saints.

If you tell a Christian that faith can move mountains, and lures him to prove it, he will sit down and wait for the mountain to move like a miracle, or simply sit there so long that he thinks the mountain has moved and later trying to convince the world that it has, giving the credits to Jesus.(OP)

the christian that waits for the mountain to move has no faith in the first place. God sees the one you just described and realize they have no faith to begin with because they (try) and convince.

so in reality that believer is what christ called the false believe.

Many real saints had that real faith and didn't need to prove it, faith was already proof to them and it became a reality to those around them, and they seen their works.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The OP does make a valid point, that faith is dead if it doesn't change the person, if there is no "fruit" or evidence of their professed faith.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I agree with that point nYTypical....

that I agree with OP.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What's the point of faith if it doesn't turn into something? What is love without loving? What is work without progress? As far as I can see Christendom has done nothing to help us in the quest for knowledge. What they have done is to slow down progress and kill off just about anyone who could have contributed. Bloody peecocks brushing their feathers, nothing else.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
When I found Christ, I basically lost all my friends, of course at the time, I was hanging out with druggies and scientologists and athiests and the like. But In the long run, It will be well worth it. I have more than enough faith, I practice what I preach (even though my posts on ATS doesn't reflect that [but there is a reason behind it]). and yes I have moved mountains! not physical mountains, but people who are non-believers (whom i consider mountains).

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

When I found Christ I turned crazy, so in a way you're not alone. Still get my trips, if you see me get one here, please don't be affected, I'm alright most the time. It's just I don't care so much about myself, and when I play certain music, drink too much of some kind of beverage or get hung up in some ancient text I've been reading from in some Daaark and depressive genre.... Feel with you, and though I'm probably not everyday's mothers in loves' best choice, but more like something your cat dragged in, you have a friend in me....

top topics

join