It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Media Summit closes, calling for "accurate, objective, impartial and fair" news coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

World Media Summit closes, calling for "accurate, objective, impartial and fair" news coverage

news.xinhuanet.com

BEIJING, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- Leaders and representatives of media organizations worldwide on Saturday urged media outlets to provide "accurate, objective, impartial and fair" coverage of news events on the globe.

The global media organizations made the call in a joint statement issued here Saturday before they wrapped up a three-day World Media Summit.

According to the joint statement, representatives of 170 worldwide media organizations attending the summit also hoped that media organizations around the world will promote transparency and accountability of governments and pu
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So it has began. The shift of power to China and its political allies.

Recently this was not reported in the U.S. MSM.

At the UN, the Obama administration backs limits on free speech.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Chinese president calls on media to contribute to harmonious world"

This is becoming a very dangerous world for those who still believe in freedom of thought.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

This is becoming a very dangerous world for those who still believe in freedom of thought.

I agree. If we lose the internets to the UN, we are doomed! I have no stats to back up my assertion, but I bet that more knowledge and 'real' news has been shared in the last 15 years or so since everyone started jumping on the web than at any time in history.

For the people who are willing to dig deep for knowledge, it is out there. If the world's governments continue to stop the spread of opinion, news, information, etc...the sheep will go back to being sheep....just fed the info the PTB want them to assimilate....what a sad day for us thinkers....

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Thanks for the humor. I nearly fell out of my chair after reading this. When have journalist ever been fair and impartial? Every thing is slanted even more when corporation are running news for profit.

It is unavoidable.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Leaders and representatives of media organizations worldwide on Saturday urged media outlets to provide "accurate, objective, impartial and fair" coverage of news events on the globe.

Right off the bat, being 'fair' or 'balanced' or even 'objective' is just bad news when reporting the news. What we need is is simple truth.

And you know what? Truth... hard, cold truth, is not always fair or balanced either. Truth does hurt sometimes, especially if we are good little political warriors.

But anything that tries to make truth more digestible inevitably ends up being an untruth... or lie.

Objective is for those who write editorials.
Impartial is for those who weight facts in search of the truth.
Accurate is is another word for factual and you should never mistake facts, for truth.
Fairness... is what you want from a referee or umpire (along with 20/20 vision).

Truth is a stand-alone contract that does not require any external support when it is shared openly and clearly.

Truth is also, unfortunately, what we do not so often get from today's news media or our governments. The sad truth is that truth can and would set us free... and likely lead to jail time for them, lol!

Okay... I'm done.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
this just in!!

-world leaders urged to be fair and just to thier people, and unbiased in protecting basic human rights!-

pretty much saying the same thing i guess...

p.s.
that was a joke, get it

top topics

join