It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon suicidal following U.S. bullying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

If I remember correctly, this was around about the same time as China was found to be hacking into U.S government databases.

Do you think there's a possibility of the US extraditing china for a weekend at Guantanamo itinerary to include some refreshing water boarding ?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Says you!

I am sure his advisors have told him to keep something up his sleeve incase of an emrgency!

I am more than sure i read him claim,that if he ever went to trial,he would produce something incredible!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sum-one
The only way that the US can get out of this potentially very damaging situation - is to LET HIM GO.

I'm afraid the US does not understand that the situation is indeed potentially very damaging.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro

Says you!

I am sure his advisors have told him to keep something up his sleeve incase of an emrgency!

I am more than sure i read him claim,that if he ever went to trial,he would produce something incredible!

Hopefully he took hard copies of what he found. And someone is looking after them.

Maybe he has some 'insurance' like this...?

But it doesn't look like he was that organised or calculating...not sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don`t know why, but there seems to be a large group of newer members lately that seem to have no interest or sympathy with conspiracies or anything connected. They just seem to spout vitreol and criticism at anyone who posts anything anti-establishment and seem to appoint themselves judge, jury and executioner on a person or topic. If I did`nt know better I would say that their very high opinion of the law and of accute patriotism, seem`s a little suspect. They just seem to want to hang this guy and move on to the next of us caught doing something wrong. This guy took a peek inside a few websites he should`nt have, it is not like he killed someone and some people here want to have a lynching party, very suspect !

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Of course it is, but with I allow those who are venting for his blood, stop me from posting ,y opinions or views on the subject or topic? No I will not, they can spout thier crap for all I care, it just shows the double standards which they have for others outside of thier country. Maybe he should come to Scotland, afterall we have a higher moralle authority and more compassion, than alot of those in the US

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Right on! Thank you, TheNetherlands, you are right on here. NASA is not as government agency, and they have no right to hide anything from those who fund it. If I had McKinnion's computer skills, I would do the same....NASA has some info I myself would love to read.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Does nobody remember when, a so called Patriot, broke into Chinese Government computers during the Olympics, to gather information about a little girl who won a gold medal?

Then called for her to be banned, which then had the backing of many people, if that guy was being extradited to China, or even if they just tried too, all bloody murder would break loose.

Tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Lets look at the facts. NASA is not a government agency, it is paid for by the people, not by the government.

Big star for reminding us about that, I wonder if Garys' lawyers are aware of it ?

Care to email them and find out ? It would be interesting to see if they would be willing to make a comment here on ATS no ?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Right on! Thank you, TheNetherlands, you are right on here. NASA is not as government agency, and they have no right to hide anything from those who fund it. If I had McKinnion's computer skills, I would do the same....NASA has some info I myself would love to read.

Well I'm sure that all of OUR private online stuff is hacked into by TPTB.
That all OUR passwords are circumvented.

So what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Only problem is that WE don't have the means to catch them out and prosecute THEM for hacking crimes.

It's all one-sided. Mores the pity. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

reply to post by ufo reality

Let's keep our heads when dealing with this person! He committed a crime and he has to pay for it. The dealing between nations has nothing to do with the basic crime. He is a criminal.

Is it really a crime?

Yes, it is a crime.

BUT! We still have a justice system that controls our lives with just and unjust laws. Until the unjust laws are replaced by just laws we are all slaves of the system. If you live a lawful life, you don't know trouble. If you violate the laws trouble finds you. McKinnon found the trouble he triggered.

How many laws have you written? How many have you voted into effect? Can you easily read an interpret a document written in legalese? Do you know all of the laws which you live under? Who has the most power and capacity to create laws? Could laws be created to benefit certain special interests? Why is the law so complex?

These are questions you should ask yourself before you start defending the law.

The legal systems were created by the controllers to subjugate the common people. The common people are not supposed to understand them, or even necessarily know them.

There is only one moral law - Do no harm, cause no loss. All other laws are created by those who wish to dominate and control you. Supporting their evil system makes you your own jailer.

Everything in government should be transparent - keeping secrets implies deceit.

There are a very small handful of things that a government can legitimately keep secret - troop and military equipment numbers and deployment, and possibly the identities of foreign agents - but in my opinion there should be NO covert foreign spies. Embassies and camera's on satellites are more than enough.

While a government can keep secrets from its people, then it is not accountable to them for its actions. Secrets = deceit = tyranny. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This makes me so angry! oh yeh right it cost them £1 million thats ridiculous how can you loose money by looking at files? and why imprison him? what sort of crime is that-yes it could be classed as a minor offence but to go to prison is absurd! He IS a freedom fighter all of you saying that he should not have been doing it are doing exactly what THEY want u to do. if its the taxpayers money funding whatever NASA are doing then dont they have a right to know the truth?!!of course they do!!and he has to suffer, why is it the people who make up the rules and laws don't actually have to abide by them? if NASA isnt hiding anything then theres no way they would be acting this uptight about it. What is it thats so important that somebody who threatens it has to go to prison? he was not a threat to anybody, he was not violent, he didn't steal anything, he may have come across information but he did not destruct it or has not kept it for himself so that the "victim" does not have what they once had....this is our world too and we should be able to know the truth on new information about our planet and the universe we live in...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Says you!

Says McKinnon. According to McKinnon he never even took a screen-capture of the wonderful things he saw.

If he isn't facing an emergency now, then when? If he had all this information, something that could help him fight extradition, why not use it?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Lets look at the facts. NASA is not a government agency, it is paid for by the people, not by the government.

Big star for reminding us about that, I wonder if Garys' lawyers are aware of it ?

Care to email them and find out ? It would be interesting to see if they would be willing to make a comment here on ATS no ?

Problem there is he admitted to hacking the Pentagon, those are Government computers, but no way he deserves to face 70 years in prison, that's the injustice.

Sure he broke the law, but the real crime is the time he faces, and the one sided extradition treaty which made this all possible, I just hope he really does have something like he and others are rumoured to have, that will blow it wide open.

And it doesn't need to be pictures or files, just a small amount of something which would force a court to issue a warrant for evidence related to the case.

Would these people really want some of that stuff going public? if he and his lawyer are smart, that's the angle to take, if they refuse, then he is a free man, his guilt of damage , he has to be proven guilty not the other way around.

I fail to see what damage a 56k hack could do physically to a computer, no viruses where involved, so what possible damage could have been done to the computers? also if there was so much damage, how could the person who saw him logged on, log him off? and then search for what he had been looking at to track him?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Lol....

It just shows the absolute hypocracy if they don't extradite the Chinese who hacked the databases. But then they were professionals and can't be found. This is just a kid who was just messing around and wasn't a professional obviously or he wouldn't be in this predicament.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
And if this guy was searching for files about YOUR family, would you have the same protective attitude with him?

I'd be more concerned that any government agency would have detailed information about my family on a government computer that had DEFAULT ADMINISTRATOR access left wide open to the internet.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

reply to post by ufo reality

Let's keep our heads when dealing with this person! He committed a crime and he has to pay for it. The dealing between nations has nothing to do with the basic crime. He is a criminal.

WRONG!

He "WAS" a criminal when the crime was commited MANY years ago and the "basic crime" has EVERYTHING to do with dealings of the nations.

By your logic we are ALL criminals aren't we, unless of course you're a ***** saint.

Give this guy a break, do you seriously think he is a career criminal who would do this sort of thing again? ....fat chance.

This case is about the USA bullying the rest of the world into believing they are superior and covering up the fact that their security measures were pathetic at best.

This case should have been sorted years ago and Mr McKinnon should've had the chance to use his talents for good and make amends. Instead he has been used as a scapegoat and made to suffer to the point of being suicidal....WHY?...so the person in charge of protecting the files doesn't get reprimanded for not doing their job properly.

Sure, Gary made a mistake and committed a crime, but it was only possible because of proffessional incompetance on the part of the americans.

So "Skeptical Ed"....are you a saint or a criminal?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If my life is anything to go by, he is in for a rough time. these people do not care one bit about human life, and they love the suffering of people.

If you give out any of there secrets, your fcuked for life.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
NASA is not a government agency, it is paid for by the people, not by the government.

What in the world are you talking about?

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an agency of the United States government, responsible for the nation's public space program. NASA was established by the National Aeronautics and Space Act on July 29, 1958, replacing its predecessor, the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA).
Source.

NASA's administrator is appointed by the President and it's budget determined by Congress.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well pointed out dear chap, "they" just want people to think they are working for public interests to keep the support for the public funding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join