posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
I am a Licensed Paramedic with 19 years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
I have a Master's Degree.
I served three years on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Emergency Medical Services Educators.
All medications carry risk of side effects, including death.
Relenza is NOT A VACCINE.
Relenza is an anti-viral medication used to treat people already infected with viral illness.
Tamiflu and Relenza are similar to antibiotics used for bacteria. As you know bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics, and already the H1N1
virus is becoming resistant to Tamiflu in parts of the world.
The ACTUAL H1N1 vaccine (given before exposure) results in 96% of patients to create full immunity to the H1N1 flu. The remaining 4% might benefit
from a second vaccine.
The way to avoid deadly perceived side-effects of antiviral medications is to get the vaccine before you are exposed.
If you get the vaccine there is a 96% chance you won't get H1N1 flu.
If you don't get H1N1 flu, you won't die from H1N1 flu.
If you don't get H1N1 flu, you won't need Tamiflu.
If you don't get H1N1 flu, you won't die from Tamiflu.
The headline on this article is preposterous and is an example of the fear-mongering being propagated by ill-informed attention whores.