It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassroots Boycott of Gasoline on May 19th, 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I just posted this article on another website (godlikeproductions.com) but feel it also belongs here at ATS for all to read and know about. The prices of gas at the pump have become impossible for most, if not all Americans.

We believe this is nothing more than price gouging by the oil companies. Therefore, we consumers must do something about the cost of gas at the pump. By sending a hit in the bank balances of such companies as Exxon, Mobil, Texaco, Shell and all others, we can let them know just how angry we are at their deliberate and constant manipulation of the price of gas in America.

Grassroots Gasoline Boycott set for May 19th, 2004

Just got back from visiting friends in Austin, Texas. They informed me of their participation in a nationwide, grassroots boycott of all oil companies scheduled for this Wednesday, May 19th, 2004.

We are asking all Americans to stay away from the gasoline pumps this Wednesday, letting one full 24 period go by with not one single drop of gasoline being pumped into Americas� vehicles.

The purpose is to show the Oil companies that we, the people, are sick and tired of the artificial manipulation of the price of gasoline in this country.

Let us hit the Oil companies in their pocket book exactly the same way they gouge us repeatedly for every holiday hike of gasoline prices.

Join us, do not fill up on Wednesday,
May 19, 2004. Tell everyone you know to shut down the pumps all across our nation.

BUY NO GASOLINE, PERIOD, MAY 19TH.

SEND THE BIGGEST MESSAGE WE CAN TO EXXON, SHELL, MOBIL, TEXACO AND ALL OTHER GASOLINE PROVIDERS.

SHUT OFF THE PUMPS THIS WEDNESDAY!!!

Email everyone you know....ask them to join the Boycott!!!!!!

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Nerdling]

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"We are asking all Americans to stay away from the gasoline pumps this Wednesday, letting one full 24 period go by with not one single drop of gasoline being pumped into Americas� vehicles"

It's not going to work!! People will still buy gas, What must be done is to boycott a single suppler, when they loose money they will be forced to lower prices, and in turn the other supplers will follow suit just to compete

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Sauron]

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Sauron]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi, also a discussion about this here :

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I don't think that one day would do it and if you tried it for more than one day, we would never get enough participation...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This has been done before...

It's a great idea, it really is: boycott the purchase of gasoline, and the prices will go down, right?

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The oil company fat cats are rich enough that one day's revenue really doesn't matter, and even if every person in this nation abstained from purchasing gas today, not a damn thing would happen.

The sad fact is, they know very well that none of us can subsist for very long without buying gas. It's just not feasible. And, until we come up with a way to MAKE it feasible, the prices are gonna stay on the same vector.

Frankly, I think we're all screwed. But, then, what do I know?

new topics

top topics

join