It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaration of Independence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government;

If this is true, then why haven't we destroyed our Government by now? Instead of doing what's right, and demolishing it, we've decided to follow them; willingly or not. The Government has lied to us, and kept us in the dark for far to long. Don't we have the right to give the best to our children? But how can we when we barly haveenough to pay the bills, let alone enough for a decent education? The Government has created war to blame on our problems not just as individuals, but also as a community. They've taken away our rights!! We've been promised a better world by our new president, and we've gotten nothing, just higher gas prices, and grocery bills.

It's sad to see our world go down the drain like this. As individuals we have no power, but as a whole we have enough power to make things right, so what's stoping us?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by emosun16]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
what theyve stolen all your rights...!!

did you sleep in that morning then..??

ffs even stevie wonder could see it coming.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Most will not fight our government because they are afraid of the outcome. We have let them do this to us for to long so they gain more power than they should have.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm willing to do something but i am only one man. Is there anyone else willing to actually do something? It is time for the tree of liberty to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tryants. If you have any ideas put them out there.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Well yes i would fight to the death but its against ats t&c to organize like that so no go on here.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It is not safe to talk of such things on the internet

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's not safe to talk about this at all but we are.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by emosun16]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh i know this it would never be specifics or anything and i didn't mean just on here, but if nothing happens soon we may never get out of this mess. Any other websites we could use to get a little more detailed conversation going?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree unsafe, and I believe there are those that know this and thus are organizing behind the scenes. I don't think the militias are for show if you get my drift.

Point being, the whole "sheep" ideology is what prevents us from doing anything simply because the majority of the public are said "sheep", unawakened entirely or simply not awake enough to do anything that might harm their lazy, government prescribed, lifestyles. When push comes to shove, most sheep will selfishly turn to help government and ignore the entire Declaration.

But that is the thing, the Declaration has already been ignored an inconceivable amount of times. For those of us who are willing to fight and give our lives for such freedoms, we know that to move in such small and ununited numbers would accomplish nothing. That is why we wait for the "shot heard round the world" the single mistake the government makes that will send even the sheep into an uproar to demand back their liberties.

Will it happen before it is too late? The clock is ticking.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well i have a family member already in the works and has been for years. He has a bunker and many weapons many i cant and wont speak of on the internet.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wish the gov't wasn't tracking this thread otherwise I would invite you guys (girls?) to a phone call. But then again they are tracking that too. The gov't needs to be stopped and the people are the only ones that can do anything about it. I just wonder if there was any place i could find more information on how such a feat would be acheived?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You could research on previous wars. Perhaps that would give you a little insight on things.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

A phone call would still work just so we could set up a meeting place, then we would go from there. Granted we would be watched but we are already so it dosent matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
so anybody down for a meeting somewhere super secret?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
so anybody down for a meeting somewhere super secret?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Be Patient it is not time to fight they actually have not stepped over the line yet but if they do its on, the miltias are preparing and wait for the right time, just hasn't got to the point were we have to act if we do it now we will just be terrorist you know that.

But if they strike first showing us thier terrorist then we strike and 1/2 our troops or more will be standing with us backing us and hopefully all of them follow thier oath.

WE MUST STAND TOGETHER this is OUR COUNTRY we must take it back and remove or abolish Tyrants the consitution says so they need to go read it, because we have.

You will know the time but we must be prepared and to the ones that won't fight then your all terrorist to this country and your with them.

link   
I would love to but...I'm just a kid

link   
I'm just waiting ready but waiting. Doesn't the government realize that when the people have nothing, they'll have nothing to lose?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The reason we haven't abolished the government is simple. Not enough people are convinced they'd do better under something different.

For all the faults and problems with the US government, it's still better than most places in the world. There is *plenty* of room for improvement, but overall you can live in peace and have some sort of life. In many places people are routinely murdered, either by criminal elements that the governments can't control, or by the governments themselves. In many other places you can routinely be stopped, beaten, have your property taken, without any justification.

Yes, this all happens in the US as well; but not as much as in many other countries. *Any* violations of rights are intolerable, but there is less of it here than elsewhere.

Most people, most of the time, don't endure enough injury to make them want to make major changes. Despite everything, most of the people, most of the time, find their situation tolerable, if not great. Few people are desperate enough to want to make massive, unpredictable changes.

It could happen, of course. I've seen the US becoming more of a police state, more of a dictatorship, than it ever was before. I've seen the rich grow fatter while more people are driven into poverty and even homelessness. At some point, there will be enough people who feel they have nothing to lose, and that might spark a revolution, or at least protests demanding significant changes.

But it will never happen as long as people value comfort over principles, or agree to accept increasing indignities and abuses. The government is doing things now that would have started riots, 50 years ago. It will keep taking away rights, until we tell it to stop. I hope we do this before it is too late. Otherwise, it's oppression for a long time, then bloody revolution. That always sucks, even if the rebels win.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
From my point of view, and it is a broad point of view, there are a few things. One is that the Federal Government has yet to violate the social contract it has with its people and is not at a point where one man is a tyrant. When the leader fails to uphold the rights of all of the people that person is suppose to, in the context of a social contract, and starts to be a tyrant, where it begins to remove the rights of the common man, then, and only then would I support an armed and open rebellion against that government.
The founding fathers, in my belief and what I was taught, believed that King George VIII, was a tyrant for failing on that social contract and was acting like a tyrant.
Now is the time when we need to vigilant, and watch. If the rights of the individual in all 50 states that are guaranteed in the constitution are removed, then it is time to address the governement. There are a few things that I am following as it leads to the question as to how much is going on in DC, as well as, the 2010 midterm elections.

<<   2 >>

join