It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush should have been given the Nobel Peace Prize

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
George Bush is much more worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize than Obama has been to date. Let us look at his accomplishments.

1. He signifiganlty increased aid to the African continent.
2. He helped to rid the world of a huge number of terrorists.
3. He worked for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, well until they elected a bunch of terrorists in Hamas to be their leaders.
4. He worked to concentrate terrorist fighting into Afghan and Iraq, so the rest of the world was more safe from Terrorism. In fact, he kept our country safe from any major terrorist attack for 7 years and drove the numbers of attacks around the world down.
5. He rid the world of the evil dictator Sadaam Hussein.
6. He set the people in Afghanistan free from the hands of the Taliban and their restrictive and ridiculous laws that are harmful to women.

On the other hand, Obama is a newbie, so maybe he will live up to the title some day. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

I disagree but [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07e558ee97fd.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Let me be clear, I DO NOT BELIEVE OBAMA DESERVED THIS AWARD.

But the mere suggestion that George Bush did deserve it, is ridiculous.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Rhetoric]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

George W. Bush is in the Top 3 presidents the USA has had.
1) Abraham Lincoln
2) Ronald Reagan
3) George W. Bush

He deserves the Nobel Prize for a job well done.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Now if only there were such a thing as a "nobel good president prize". Alas it's a peace prize. And just because George Bush has indirectly contributed to almost as many deaths as Alfred Nobel himself does not mean he qualifies.

But, to be fair, there also isn't a "nobel at least he's not Bush prize". So I will reitterate that I disagree with the award to Obama, simply in the interest of being... dare I say it... "fair and balanced".

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I must disagree, after all stalen murdered more people than GW did... he aint nuthin but a 2 bit hoodlum he only is responsible for 1.25 million Iraqi deaths... may his soul never achieve peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join