It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush should have been given the Nobel Peace Prize

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by StinkyFeet

So basically you are saying since George has got more blood on his hands, he should get the prize?

No I disagree, let's see what George did at home shall we?

--Allowed the torture of so called "enemy combatants" in US institutions overseas.

And Obama is continuing it.

--Spied on his own people, illegaly I might add, in order to "combat" domestic terrorism.

And Obama is continuing it.

--Completely destroyed the economy by refusing to actually sit down and read the issues at hand and do anything but spend more money on the war.

And Obama is continuing it, and expanding immensely on the spending.

--Dissolved the Iraqi army in the days following the invasion. This lead to millions of people without jobs to feed their families, who in turn joined the insurgency that he "quelled".

And Obama killed the U.S. economy, thereby leading to millions of Americans losing their jobs.

--Has the blood of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of civillians.

And Obama's working on his share.

--Black Water Scandals

ACORN scandals.

--Oil For Food Scandal

More ACORN scandals.

--Mission Accomplished Speech

57 states speech.

Ok, so that last one was just a shot at him I will admit. But people who receive the prize should be receiving it for having done something positive, that didn't direcly cause the death of thousands of people and the dissolving of a constitution and the systematic destruction of foreign relations for corporate profit.

~Keeper

Bush did more positive than Obama did in his first 11 days in office.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I could not have said it better. Plus, Bush didn't hire a bunch of avowed communists to be his advisers.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Mr. Bush accepting the Peace Award..Choose the one you like and imagine repeating it accepting the award;

* "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." --after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

* "I'm oftentimes asked, What difference does it make to America if people are dying of malaria in a place like Ghana? It means a lot. It means a lot morally, it means a lot from a -- it's in our national interest." --George W. Bush, Accra, Ghana, Feb. 20, 2008

* "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

* "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

* "Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, 'Vote for me. I'm an agent of change.' In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change --I want to continue as president.' Every candidate has got to say 'change.' That's what the American people expect." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2008

* "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

* "Oftentimes people ask me, 'Why is it that you're so focused on helping the hungry and diseased in strange parts of the world?'" --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 18, 2008

* "And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." --George W. Bush, Mesa, Arizona, May 27, 2008

* "There's no question this is a major human disaster that requires a strong response from the Chinese government, which is what they're providing, but it also responds a compassionate response from nations to whom -- that have got the blessings, good blessings of life, and that's us." --George W. Bush, on relief efforts after a Chinese earthquake, Washington, D.C., June 6, 2008

* "Let's make sure that there is certainty during uncertain times in our economy." -- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 2, 2008

* "I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008

* "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --George W. Bush, in parting words to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as the two leaders looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

* "I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008
* "Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

* "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

* "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

* "You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

* "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

* "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

* "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

* "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

* "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

* "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

* "Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

* This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

* "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

* "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

* "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

* "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

* "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

* "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

* "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." --Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

Enjoy'

[edit on 10-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I agree that he's no better than Obama, but he was President for 8 years versus 10 months.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Well I think it is kinda intolerent to make fun of a poor guy because he didn't always say these the way he intended. George is very smart and people tend to underestimate his smarts and his great sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Cut and paste quotes? Very inventive. Let's see what Obama has said in the past, shall we?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers (Watch video clip)

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon (Watch video clip)

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

What is funny about a man busting his hump for 7 years to keep the world safe. I don't find that funny.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I think your idea of safe and mine differ quite a bit my friend.

Safe should not come at the expense of freedom and life, which is what happened in this case.

So according to you George NEVER did anything illegal? Or wrong to the american people?

And you never answered by question about Rwanda. Why did George not intervene there? If he is such a humanitarian bent on keeping the world safe, then he would have jumped at that opportunity no?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Not inventive at all but keeping in rythm with the thread humorous. How can it be invented again when Bush already said them.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well freedom and safety have always came at the expense of life. Nothing worthwhile in this life is free. I suppose if some people came in and threatened to harm your wife and children you would just say "in the name of peace, have your way my brothers". I hope not.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
you forget mugabe.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You evaded the question with another ridiculous statement. Nobody would say yes to that.

Stop using a straw man and actually speak about the issues or please take your trolling elsewhere.

You still haven't answered by Rwanda question....clever evasiveness.

There is a HUGE difference between protection, and war profiteering my friend.

~Keeper

[edit on 10/10/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And you never answered by question about Rwanda. Why did George not intervene there? If he is such a humanitarian bent on keeping the world safe, then he would have jumped at that opportunity no?

I don't really know why? Maybe he was just following the lead of Clinton and maybe Obama is not doing anything about it either to follow the lead of Clinton and Bush before him.

Why hasn't any of the other great nations of this world intervened in Rwanda? What about Canada, Britain, etc.. Why are we always expected to do all the damn work in this world.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And that's ok with you?

So we can invade other countries who have NEVER asked for help, yet ignore the ones that do?

Yeah, that's worthy of a peace prize alright.

And actually other nations have attempted to help in Rwanda. But you can't pick and choose these things my friend. You either promote peace where it is needed or you pick and choose your battles based on the ammount of profit involved after the fact.

The ladder of the two is morraly wrong and this is what has occured.

~Keeper

[edit on 10/10/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If it is so important why don't you have the Canadian government take care of it. As soon as we go in there you will all be whining about it, and say we f'ed it all up.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Actually we are busy cleaning up your mess in Afghanistan at the moment and also we send millions in aide to those countries.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I am sure not as much as we send. Plus we have been kicking ass and taking names for the whole world for the last 50 years.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Actually no...

You have been starting wars, extending them, leaving the countries in which you operate devout of any sort of living conditions, economic system or government system (proper functioning anyway) among a plethora of other things.

You see, America WANTED to be the police of the world, it gave you all prestige and honor to do so. However it's strange that you would defend the actions of one Tyrant and condemn the acts of another.

And this tyrant was George Bush. Look at all the ILLEGAL things he did, and then gave himself immunity in order to be protected from his obvious disregard for human life and the rights of his own citizens.

Do you find that fitting?

Do you think that George deserves all this praise simply because the US hasn't been attacked in 7 years? An attack that most people would imply he ALLOWED to happen.

He dropped the ball on one day and that gives him carte blanche to raid the world to make up for it?

Justify this to me. Justify his ILLEGAL activites and his lack of speaking ability. Justify the Patriot Act and Gitmo.

I will give you a chance to convince me, I respect your opinions, but you are going to have to do better than that my friend.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join