It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush should have been given the Nobel Peace Prize

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I love how there are so many here arguing for peace and yet advocate for killing Bush. The hypocrisy is incredible.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by tothetenthpower

And you never answered by question about Rwanda. Why did George not intervene there? If he is such a humanitarian bent on keeping the world safe, then he would have jumped at that opportunity no?

I don't really know why? Maybe he was just following the lead of Clinton and maybe Obama is not doing anything about it either to follow the lead of Clinton and Bush before him.

Why hasn't any of the other great nations of this world intervened in Rwanda? What about Canada, Britain, etc.. Why are we always expected to do all the damn work in this world.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

Given that the Rwandan genocide occurred in Apr 94, G.W. Bush can hardly be held personally responsible for the U.S.'s failure to intervene. The OP's response demonstrates a similar lack of knowledge.

The idea that removal of a tyrant/dictator through war should warrant awarding a person the Peace Prize isn't born out by history. Churchill, F.D.R., Truman, Stalin, MacKenzie-King, De Gaulle, etc all had a hand in removing Hitler but none of them received the Nobel.

The time since the end of WW2 has hardly been a time of peace and stability.
Here's just a few of the conflicts.

1. Greek Civil War
2. French Indochina
3. Indo-Pakistani War '47
4. Arab-Israeli War '48
5. Korea (technically not over)
6. Suez Crisis '56
7. Cuban Revolution
8. Viet Nam War
9. Belgian Congo
10. Angola
11. Indo-Pakistan War '65
12. Six Day War
13. Irish "Troubles"
14. Indo-Pakistani War '71
15. Yom Kippur War
16. Lebanese Civil War
17. Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan
18. Falklands
19. Grenada
20. Panama

That is less than a third of the conflicts from '45 to '89 alone.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bush has not done a positive peace act, in my eyes.
He just, went for war! He killed so much innocents, there should have been a other way.
Although I also think, Obama got this prize a little early, cause he is just in office.
But no, I cant agree with your statement OP.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
george bush should be awarded a date with the war crimes tribunal.

then 6 gramms of lead should be delivered at high volocity behind his left ear.
edited to just say im not rigid on the left ear thingy .. either will suffice.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by manxman2]

That's just a horrible, thing to post, I can't believe the hateful post, and some of us can't even post a disagreement on Obama's policies, with out being labeled, I can't believe this isn't against T&C.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
I love how there are so many here arguing for peace and yet advocate for killing Bush. The hypocrisy is incredible.

I am shocked also,

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I really don think either one of those yahoos deserve the nobel prize. Especially, Obama who has contributed nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nobel peace prize is nothing but a long delayed award for a popularity contest. As a popularity prize, Bush doesn't make the Nobel top 10.

Awarding Nobel peace prizes to politicians is like awarding Mrs Universe prizes to wives of dictators.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Okay George, your Stinkyfeet cover has been blown. Nice try though. Maybe you can borrow Henry Kissengers, he was about as equally deserving.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by personal stalker

Damn, you caught me.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
George Bush is much more worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize than Obama has been to date. Let us look at his accomplishments.

1. He signifiganlty increased aid to the African continent.
2. He helped to rid the world of a huge number of terrorists.
3. He worked for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, well until they elected a bunch of terrorists in Hamas to be their leaders.
4. He worked to concentrate terrorist fighting into Afghan and Iraq, so the rest of the world was more safe from Terrorism. In fact, he kept our country safe from any major terrorist attack for 7 years and drove the numbers of attacks around the world down.
5. He rid the world of the evil dictator Sadaam Hussein.
6. He set the people in Afghanistan free from the hands of the Taliban and their restrictive and ridiculous laws that are harmful to women.

On the other hand, Obama is a newbie, so maybe he will live up to the title some day. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

You also forgot that he did all of that while making laws that makes us ourselves terrorist and he also open the door for more similar laws to be made.

Everyone in this world is a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

By freeing 50 million people from dictators?

You even blame him for oil-for-food. What a joke. You do know that was a UN program started in 1995 and ended in 2003, correct?

What you call torture, others call gathering intelligence from enemies who would even kill their apologists, if given the chance.

Seems you are just throwing everything at Bush.

Last I checked, giving loans to unqualified people through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was the main cause of the economic downturn. The Republican-led Congressional inquiries and investigations of those two institutions were called racist attacks by Democrats.
link

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

What? Do you have some examples?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
REMINDER
This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

The Conspiracy of American Political Peril

[edit on 12/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I just don't get people sometimes, bush and a peace prize?!?, right because he only started two wars, and all but ruined peace and sovereignty in the middle-east, if Nobel made a war prize yes, I wouldn't mind bush having that.

I voted for the Barrack, but not because he was black,"that would be racist in my opinion,"but because of what he stood for, bridging the gap between the poor and the rich. Some say its COMMUNISM. I must say our beautiful country is diseased with the idea of want. we want everything, we work so we can by junk, why the man next door with cancer is losing his house because he cant work, because his medical bills pin him against the wall like a no good bookie. You say COMMUNISM is a crime but, I say CAPITALISM is the real crime, and the single biggest threat to this country.

what was the country founded for?! CAPITOL!! no, it was founded for freedom, freedom of oppression from those that have, to those that do not.

future generations are going to look back on capitalism as we look back on monarchies of generations past. Oh the arrogance they are going to see, as we believe we are the greatest in the world. I want to throw up writing those words.

I feel like I was not meant to live in this time, Because ladies and gentlemen,

WE ARE JUST AS BARBARIC AS WE WERE WHEN WE FIRST EMERGED ON THIS ROCK!

I pity anyone who disagrees with my post, even if there just trying to get a rise out of me.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hate the fact that obama is getting a Nobel by intent and not action, but Bush?

Perhaps we should all remember that he set up a war AND that he received the One Ring?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bagari

Bush has the blood of lots of people on his dirty old hands,its not like there wishing it on someone who doesnt deserve the same fate of people in countries his army has steam rolled or his brave troops acting as pawns in his global game to make his friends richer bleed out dry on foriegn soil so far from their loved ones.

The Iraqi vice president even offered a duel towards Bush and Cheney.He was willing to have himself and Saddam duel those two with pistols in a neutral country to stop any war.Of course the media laughed it off,but can you imagine if the duel actualy solved this problem without so many our our people and there people being buried!The fake cowboy had no problems sending other people out to fight,but given this example he wimped out like he did in Nam when his country called for him

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ridiculous, on many levels.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Banned

Well I hope so,dont think I could stick a lot more of his threads-even if they are pretty amusing to digest as his blatent flame me comments hit the target and ignite in a spectacular blowback giving him 3rd degree burns

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join