It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do thoughts come from?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

I do think of what I am going to say before I open my mouth.
People think I am retarded because I take so long to reply to their questions or comments.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

My memory of seeing my parents from my normally seeing perspective as in a if I had taken a photograph.
When I thought of the apple I was level with it.

How can you have a memory of something from a different perspective?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"Think of an apple" - is an order to retrieve the image of an apple from memory i.e. the hippocampus.
Spontaneous thoughts are different i.e. where do those "eureka" moments come from? Are they just the result of hard work rather similar to the genius who says "the harder I practice the more people describe me as a genius"?
Or is there another unknown source of thoughts? In this experiment non-conscious activity preceded conscious decision making activity on brain wave (EEG) activity. Spooky.
www.economist.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry, but the OP' question is crystal clear. The answer isn't ...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Personally, when you wrote "apple," I saw it from the side. Same when it came to the most recent time I saw my parents. But I believe you're right, that memories and thoughts are constantly colliding in our minds.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Science has yet to demonstrate, where, the exact part of the brain consciousness arises. The impetus, the drive, the motive, that make me want to write this sentence down. It is very complex indeed. I say it is the soul.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
There is only one thought undergoing infinite transformations.

Second line.

[edit on 2009/10/12 by Seventhdoor]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Wow, that was a good post. Star for you haha. But seriously do you believe in a soul? Like you said if nothing and everything is the same thing, wouldn't that mean there wouldn't be a soul?? Or, creator of the universe. Maybe this thought process is our soul?? How can there be evidence that my thoughts are outside my body?? There hasen't been. Surely they would of found some kind of energy coming out of your body or something around those lines. But they havent yet. This is what gets me.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

The eyes are the window to the soul, all the information you take in with your eyes goes to your soul then, no?

so your soul is constantly taking in data, no? kinda sounds like your mind/brain, no?

the eyes go directly into the brain, and the brain has this, "3rd eye" hmm

so if we want to purify our minds and souls, do we have to filter what we look at?

this body is like a firewall for the soul, it seems. the body dies, and the soul flys!!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylee
Why choose an apple? Talk about a loaded metaphor. You got Adam and Eve, Newton, The Golden Apples of Paris, etc.

What if our thoughts came from a collective human mind, that's connects all us individual cells. This Collective Consciousness (see Jung) is the pool from which we draw our individual thoughts and dreams. We are co-creators within this realm with our own species, then expanding out to plants, animals, bacteria, earth, the sun, yada yada.

This creates harmony, though most of the time, we don't see it as such.

Much like the coordination of our bodily functions, no one knows how it all fits together, but somehow a blood cell knows where to go? Is this blood cell conscious? Does it realize it's a part of a much bigger organism?

What if we are the thoughts of another being? As above, so below?....

Enjoy not-knowing...

God is the infinite entity we live in, earth is but a cell in his body, and the heavens can show you his skin, the clouds are thoughts, the weather is emotion.

We all have our own universe, but we usually only talk about how we are all in our own worlds, this is true, but we all make up the many many multi-verses there are, because we all live in our own UNIVERSE.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Simple enough - thoughts are past.

This is why it is extremely difficult to think something that you haven't never seen or experienced.

Every experience (or sensoral stimulus) leaves an imprint of it into our brain. If we observe world with certain filters (prejudices and so on) we give attributes to those images that they don't actually have.

-v

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I pictured a red apple with a green stem :s. And then flickers of a green leaf appeared but disappeared shortly after.

It was floating on a black background.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

I told my phycologist to f off a few days ago. Some times they try to hard to get into peoples heads and it just isn't possible. I let them know what i want them to know then i close up and shut down.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

Actually, your original question has little to do with your post. In your post you're describing "memory". That's not the same as "thought".

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren

Sorry, but the OP' question is crystal clear. The answer isn't ...

MMM lol

The Answer is in fact very crystal clear, it is

Clarity & Wisdom in perfect balance

Elf

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am trying to prove that thoughts are the like the individual nerve impulses but from the the collective consciousness of our species to the individual mind.

This was a phrase coined by Carl Jung and masterfully displayed in the Hero of a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campell. If you care....

But the phenomenon of the 100th monkey effect. Which is the case of a certain monkey in the South Pacific had learned to crack a some nut with a rock. Every monkey on the island quickly started mimicing the behavior. However the same species of monkey hundreds of miles away on a completely different island also picked up the skill.

So the evidence could be interpretated that just as a nerve impulse must break a certain threshold to fire, so too an idea must gain a certain amount of use and therfore conscious awareness to be expressed in the collective conscious of a species.

Anyone feel me?...

[edit on 13-10-2009 by wylee]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

It sounds like you don't trust your Doc. THere's nothing wrong with that, but I helps to have someone that you respect. I did the same thing to a long time ago. But my troubles were with God so...

Good luck to ya

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wylee

Any link for the monkey story? Was it a double blind test LOL.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Busted. It was sweet potatoes of the coast of Japan.

en.wikipedia.org...

there's some wiki.

But I have more evidence, but too tired to be intelligent. (obviously)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My first thought of an apple was the one from the tv show Fringe. (been watching it lately)

then, it slightly turned into a red apple with no visible stem, no leaf.

Both apples had a black background. (Fringe apple comes with the black background just like during the show. The red apple's background was applied as I was only thinking of a single object floating in space)

To note, the red apple wasn't very clear to see.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thoughts come from all of us, ever since there were thoughts. I am putting thoughts in your head as you read this. But where did thought and consciousness come from? I couldnt tell ya. Maybe there is a higher power but it wouldnt think like us or maybe it would. Maybe you're the higher power. Maybe we all are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join