It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is your paranoid gun culture...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

It doesn't matter. Constitutionally, and HISTORICALLY. The male citizens of the united states have always represented the militia whether they know it or not, and whether they are ever called to serve or not.

Which is why their right to arm themselves should not be infringed.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How does owning a gun make you a paranoid person? Wouldn't it be a little excessive to describe gun owners as being in a state of paranoia? If someone forces illegal entry into my home and carries a firearm with them it is rational to have some means of self-defense at my disposal; to protect myself and my family as protecting myself is the same as protecting my family because they count on me to provide for them. In contrast, if I were to own a gun to prevent an impending nazi invasion or a close encounter with hostile aliens then it is appropriate to label me as paranoid. See the distinction?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

ANOK,
At the beginning of WWII desperate pleas came from England for Americans to send them guns, through postal services, to help you guys. We send you guys guns by the thousands, and this was prior to the government getting involved.
The only reason you are reading this in English, and not German or Japanese, is because the mobilization of the militia in the USA, got involved in the war.
The biggest allies in WWI and WWII were Canada, Australia, Britain and USA. In the last twenty years, guns have been severly curtailed in Canada, Britian, and Australia. With serious attempts to remove and infringe on possession and use of arms in the USA.
So I now appeal to the unarmed citizens of Britian, Canada and Australia to send me money to ensure that arms are not removed from the militia in the USA.
Routing number: 081501696. Account number:167996.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I find all this "guns are to remove a tyrannical government" quite amusing.

If Americans actually voted and took an interest in politics, and turfed out any bad politicians at a very early stage, you would never ever have a tyrannical government.

But no, Americans choose to ignore that the government is made up by people just like themselves. Greedy, corrupt, vicious and violent.

You get the government YOU DESERVE.

And starting a revolutionary blood bath with your guns, American against American is NEVER going to restore your country to peace and prosperity.

Americans have some delusion, that enough fire power and killing will solve all the problems.
All it is going to do is reduce America to a smoking ruin of poverty, and injustice.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

well what if the masses had to remove a corrupt government would you rather them do it with sticks vs guns?

And cmon man do you really believe that politicians are going to tell you the truth on the campaign trail? (rhetorical) Every politician wants to sweet talk you until youd feed them in your own house, until they get elected and then they turn everything around on ya. I mean tell me im wrong i would love to believe otherwise.

And no im a pacifist i just wanted to play devils advocate

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You know, I realize you're from a land downunder, but please do not stereotype all Americans into one gunwaving, anti-govt. mob.

Most of us would just as soon solve our problems at the ballot box, thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

You’re kidding right? How did I miss this little gem. Reread it.
2008 The Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use.

No word twists just plain english.

-Al

[edit on 17-10-2009 by AlBeMet]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I think you are forgetting. It is not who votes. It is who counts the votes.

We get the government we deserve for sure, but sometimes peaceful is not an option..

And no, shooting eachother never did fix anything. But we rarely get the circumstances we desire, so we have to make due with the ones we have.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey, all you non American posters who take pot shots at the gun possessing populace here in the USA, you have not the experience to say that guns are not the answer.

History is full of examples of what happens to a country and their people who are either unwilling or unable to defend themselves.

In the classic picture of the man holding a rifle at the back of the head of the man kneeling on the ground, which of those two people would you aspire to be. Kneeling, blindfolded, with hands tied behind your back, or standing, looking down the sights of a rifle??

The choice fortunately, is made years before the end result will materialize. In fact, you choose today where you will be, which role you will fill, should it ever becone necessary.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't know what part of Florida that is in particular, but here in Florida, YES, CRIME IS THAT BAD!

www.youtube.com...
(7 year old criminal)

www.youtube.com...
(funny song using sound clips from the 7 year old criminal)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
History is full of examples of what happens to a country and their people who are either unwilling or unable to defend themselves.

Yes and ironically the same thing has happened to America regardless of your guns.

You are still all slaves to the pyramid scheme system.

You're all too late to carry out your fantasy of protecting yourselves from a rogue government. All you seem to know and understand is physical violence and control, you all miss the psychological prison you all live in.
The government (actually 'the state') has you bound in psychological chains, it's not violent but it has the same effect, control, and it works better.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

How is the crime rate faring over there in your country these days since you got rid of the publics guns??

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

What are you talking about? The public never owned guns in the UK in the first place. There never was a gun culture. The rise of gun crime has nothing to do with them being banned. If the people didn't have guns in the first place then how could the ban have been the cause of some people getting guns?

One of the reasons gun crime appeared to rise is the way they changed the way they count gun crimes, just like they changed the way unemployment was counted in the 80's to make it appear unemployment was going down, when the reality is it went up.

They now include ALL crimes in the statistics, including crime with no supporting evidence, so the figures are now inflated. And what rise in crime there really is was climbing before guns were banned. You are putting the cart before the horse.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
reply to post by moniker

You’re kidding right? How did I miss this little gem. Reread it.
2008 The Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use.

No word twists just plain english.

They are apparently going to come to yet another decision again this or next year.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
reply to post by ANOK

How is the crime rate faring over there in your country these days since you got rid of the publics guns??

Actually crime has been falling in Britain for quite some time now. It is merely perception of crime that has risen.

And the public never really had guns to get rid of in the first place. Mainly farmers, and they've still got them anyway.

Deny ignorance and all that.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

Exactly, it just proves that the folks here are all merely MEDIA educated.
They are falling for the hysteria, which is what my post is all about, not gun control, but the state of society and it's media fed perceptions of 'reality'.

The media ignores the fact that the way gun crime was counted changed, and thus the numbers rose due to the counting of gun crimes that have no valid evidence. They want you to think crime is rising, the 'state' requires a boogie man to protect you from, to justify their authoritative existence. They are always going to throw crime, and other violence, in our faces as if to say, 'look you're a bunch of undisciplined animals and you need us to protect you... from you'.

'The state' only survives through fear. Without a perceived threat we wouldn't need 'the state', so the state constantly works to create chaos and uncertainty in society, to keep us unstable and reliant on the state for our well-being and protection.

Fear also drives the economy. Fear of being without, of falling behind, of failure.

The violence in the world is mostly orchestrated by those in authority. While we allow a state to exist we will never see peace, or freedom, or anything even close to it. By owning and supporting the use of guns you just do 'the states' work for them, you perpetuate an atmosphere of violence and strengthen their control over society.

('The state', which includes the courts, the police, the military, the government, the church, the schools etc., is what allows one class of people to rule over and control another class of people.)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join