It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flu nasal mist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
contains some live H1N1 flu as I understand it .... so basically you are paying to go get the flu squirted up your nose - when for free you could go visit someone with the flu and have a pretty good chance of being exposed to it too.

Now I am only partially kidding and/or sarcastic about this - I do understand it will be a controlled amount that you will be exposed to etc but really it comes down to you are being exposed to a flu mist much like you would be if someone with it coughed or sneezed near you.

Most likely I won't be getting the vaccine or the mist - I tend to get quite ill from the vaccines (like weeks worth of ill) and I always still get whatever flu is going around. And I have a feeling hubster and I may have had it already in the spring - we both had the worst flu we have EVER had (and that covers many many years) in late March early April.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
USAmerican vaccines are already deficient in safety protocols that are accepted in Europe.

Now add to that the rush to production without ever testing the vaccine as an individual will receive it -- yes, that's right; the safety studies being done are being done on vaccine dosage without the adjuvants and extras that are so toxic to us -- and perhaps a bigger disaster emerges than President Gerald Ford's swine flu debacle.

I warn everyone: Do Not Take this Vaccine in any form. I especially beg you to keep children from receiving it because in its current untested, squalene infested version, the children will suffer incalculably from this.

In theory, vaccines work. The reality is that the dosages mean big money for Big Pharma, and Big Pharma does not give a damn about you. Money is their god, their purpose and their intent.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
The reality is that the dosages mean big money for Big Pharma, and Big Pharma does not give a damn about you. Money is their god, their purpose and their intent.

I pretty much agree with everything you said - especially the rush to get it out there and the safety factor -- but I think what finally threw me over the edge to post the OP (because everyone points out the safety issues) is the cost and the fact that in my very humble opinion you are paying to have the flu squirted up your nose. So if you get it done in WalMart or somewhere like that you probably are already exposed to it from other people there or who have been there earlier - and if you go to the doctors office you definitely are in a room with sick people (and if you are like me you have insurance but no doctors in the area take it - in fact the local hospitals don't take it - so it costs quite a bit to go to the doctor)

I should never post before I have coffee - that was the very long way to post that it just goes against my grain to pay some big drug company to do the same thing that walking around the grocery store or the store where they are giving the flu mist vaccines - actually if you walk around the store that they are giving that in you probably will be exposed to the mist just from people breathing it out after they have the mist thing done.

edit - spelling

[edit on 11-10-2009 by justme1640]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I make it a rule to try to avoid drugs that have side effects that are probably worse than the illness:

The nasal spray (also called LAIV or FluMist®): The viruses in the nasal-spray vaccine are weakened and do not cause severe symptoms often associated with influenza illness. (In clinical studies, transmission of vaccine viruses to close contacts has occurred only rarely.)

In children, side effects from LAIV (FluMist®) can include:

* runny nose
* wheezing
* headache
* vomiting
* muscle aches
* fever

In adults, side effects from LAIV (FluMist®) can include

* runny nose
* headache
* sore throat
* cough

www.cdc.gov...

A also wonder just how long and waell-done those clinical studies were, considering this flu started earlier this year

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I make it a rule to try to avoid drugs that have side effects that are probably worse than the illness:

A also wonder just how long and waell-done those clinical studies were, considering this flu started earlier this year

Totally and doesn't it seem that the side effects are the same symptoms as the flu -- hmmmm

And I don't like the whole rush to get this out either - how well done can the clinical studies be if the whole process from the initial flu to the vaccines and mist is about 6 -7 months ......

I've upped my Vit. D, C and magnesium and won't be getting the vaccine ...

edited to try to fix my snip...

[edit on 12-10-2009 by justme1640]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
At the chiropractor/alternative clinic today, the topic of the flu vaccine came up, mist and shot.
No one on staff there is getting the vaccine. Telling, that.

I also have a stash of Oscillococcinum....just in case.

[edit on 13/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
At the chiropractor/alternative clinic today, the topic of the flu vaccine came up, mist and shot.
No one on staff there is getting the vaccine. Telling, that.

I also have a stash of Oscillococcinum....just in case.

[edit on 13/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

that is telling to me - and thanks for the reminder of the Oscillococcinum I wanted to pick some of that up. Will get it this week for sure.

new topics

top topics

join