It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaclav Klaus: Last Man Standing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

In faraway Brussels furious diplomats were calling for his impeachment and even his country’s expulsion from the European Union because of his obstinate refusal to sign the Lisbon treaty. Klaus, now the only European leader holding out against ratifying the document, made it clear he did not give a damn.

All that is left standing between the NWO's European Union is one man, Czech president Vaclav Klaus.

His remarks were greeted with outrage in Europe. German and French diplomats, in talks with their Czech counterparts, explored two ways of removing the Klaus obstacle: impeach him or change the Czech constitution to take away his right of veto.

The treaty has been approved by the Czech parliament but senators loyal to Klaus have lodged three challenges with the constitutional court, which has rejected two and is widely expected to follow suit with the third.

Opponents of the treaty hope that Klaus will be able to stall ratification until the British general election in May. David Cameron, the Tory leader, has promised a referendum if his party wins and the treaty is still unsigned.

Klaus is unlikely to give in without at least some concessions. He is said to want to be seen as the leader who derailed the European project. A comparison is being drawn in Prague with Edvard Benes, the pre-war Czech leader who in 1938 had to flee to Britain after refusing to cede territory to Hitler under the Munich agreement.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
IMHO, he's a brave man. A hero. But he can't fight destiny. The European Union will prevail, and then the NWO, and then the Antichrist, and then Armageddon. But I don't plan to be here for all that. The rapture is at hand.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

French President Nicolas Sarkozy criticised Czech President Vaclav Klaus on Thursday for failing to sign the European Union's Lisbon Treaty and said there would be repercussions unless he fell into line quickly.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
well im glad there is one leader in europe who will make his stand

lets hope he doesnt get assassinated.. thats usually the steps the PTB uses when they fail to use "conventional" means

im glad he is openly and defiantly opposing this, is there maybe a chance that a british referendum + this could change the way things are going on that treaty? probably not as the above poster said.. but.. at least he is trying, he seems to have dug in to his position and done the unpopular thing

hopefully more follow?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why don't you want a united Europe?? It's clear USA doesn't want a united Europe, since it would pose a threat to their superpower monopoly.

The whole idea of Lisbon treaty is to simplify the whole system and birocracy. It won't take soverenity away from European countries..

As for the coming of antichrist....be real!!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good for Klaus!! Although for standing his ground, he probably won't last until christmas. I'd stand right next to him if I could.

Sovietman I know why the British don't want it (maybe I should have said English but I think it covers all)

- We don't want the Euro, perfectly happy with our pound coins

- I (and the rest of the population) don't want our laws dictated to us by Brussels.

- It would more than likely be a lot easier for the illegal immigrants to get here from their grotto in France.

The referendum that David Cameron wants to give shows, regardless of what sort of a guy he is, that it's our last chance to have our say before we get swallowed into the rest of Europe. Gordon Brown promised that and failed to deliver.

There'll be no future votes by the people of an individual country for that sole countries benefits, everything will be decided by a group of fat cats sat in Paris enjoying croissants.

Me personally, I'm not happy about that.

And do you honestly want Tony Blair sitting atop of the stacks as European 'President' or whatever title they give it?

I sure as hell don't!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Klaus is ready to give up...

new topics

top topics

join