It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Quakes in Indonesia, Samoa, Vanuatu connected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
news.xinhuanet.com...

A tsunami alert went out on Thursday, after a series of nine earthquakes near Vanuatu, with the largest of magnitude 7.8. It followed a magnitude 8.3 earthquake and a tsunami which devastated Samoa last Wednesday. A quake killed more than 700 people in Indonesia hours later.

A study made public this week found earthquake vibrations may affect faults at great distances. It found vibrations from the 2004 Indonesian earthquake may have increased the frequency of small quakes in California's San Andreas Fault by causing fluids to move into the fault lines.

Links between the Pacific quakes could not be ruled out, Mr. McCreery said

so scientists arent ruling out that New Zealand is in danger of a monster quake and that all these quakes maybe connected. interesting times boys and girls

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Maybe sunspots are having a greater than usual effect. Some say that the earth's magnetic field has deteriated noticeably the last century.

If this is true maybe sunspots are now more likely than ever to precede earthquake activity.

Mostly predictors look for cluster activity, high tides and lunar cycles, but this mode of prediction may have to be changed. Watch for the presence of multiple sunspots and their effect on earthquake and tsunami.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I've been wondering if that freak sandstorm in Australia is in any way related. I mean, nothing like it has ever happened in the known history of the continent, to the best of my knowledge.

The earthquakes started shortly after it...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yeah, we will probably have a big one.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Of course it's connected--hell, the entire R-O-F is connected.. Energy has to go somewhere..

top topics

join