It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Undefined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
(This is my first story, I wouldnt call it a short story, its going to be fairly long. Ill keep adding more everyday. Hope you like it! )

"Is anybody ever truley complete, or are the better ones just better at believing?" When she heard the lyrics she couldnt help but ask the question herself.

She was upstairs in her room laying down from a day that seemed to never end. There was a show on tv that caught her attention for a moment. It was yet another preacher talking about God. He was trying to get viewers to send in a thousand dollars. Said if they did, 300 lucky senders would then recieve a million dollars in the next three months. He said because God would surely repay them for there favor. And at that moment she couldnt help but picture hundreds of hopeless people, some young and some old, pulling out there checkbooks and giving away there last of the money in there account. She would have called them stupid, yet, she knew what it was like to hang on a hope. Especially when its all you have left.

She then started to re-examine her life in her head. Sort of like a slideshow in her mind. From the very beginning as far as she could remember, to where she was now.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A great start

I look forward to reading your on going story.

And if you are interested, we are currently recruiting writters for the Crypto Chronicles.

U2U me if you are interested and keep up the great writing

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Beautiful post. I sense the feeling of loss that the character has and the need to hang onto that last thread of hope in a world that appears to gone mad. This world can seem to be a place where it is hard to trust anyone, even those closest to us, but I think that we must take the risk and let go of our fears and trust, but not that blind faith where we hand our money to con artists. It is the kind of faith where we let down the wall we have built around ourselves, you know the one we built to shield us, and we need to be free and willing to suffer the wounds that real love brings. The pain is always less than the reward in the end.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

oooooooo, I like the ones where you have to wait for the next installment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6953d1bdcc60.gif[/atsimg]

You're off to a great start jess..

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That is really good Jessica, I haven't read it before. You should write some more.
~Justin

S/F...

new topics

top topics

join