It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish Leader Ratifies EU Treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can't see a thread about this so posting it here.

Polish Leader Ratifies EU Treaty

This constitution is going to be past no matter what. I had hoped some country other than Ireland would step up and stop it but no chance of that it seems. The worst part of this is that whena country said no they had a second vote but when countries say yes a second vote is not considered or even thought about.

A central bank, a treaty (constitution renamed), a central law giver, doesn't this sound like a country? I know each country still has some autonomy however i think we will see this being gradually reduced as the people are made more comfortable with the idea of being one, very large country.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

A central bank, a treaty (constitution renamed), a central law giver, doesn't this sound like a country? I know each country still has some autonomy however i think we will see this being gradually reduced as the people are made more comfortable with the idea of being one, very large country.

We aren't countries anymore really.. I think the term is 'member states'..

And I want out!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Aye, most soveriegnty was given up in Maastricht, but with Lisbon we give up nearly all. The most telling is that now we have a "President" and a Foriegn Policy chief, with embassies, meaning indivdual "states" now no longer have the ability to decide their own paths.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness

We aren't countries anymore really.. I think the term is 'member states'..

And I want out!

Yeah that is the attitude of the general British public it would seem. Every day you see it online, in the papers, and of course in general conversation overheard on buses and trains. This is why we just won't get a vote. Even David Cameron, who promised he would give us a vote has backed out of it. The reason he has done that is clear, he knows they'll be pressure from Europe to scupper his election hopes next year if he says he'll let us vote. The UK, i had hoped would be the last bulwark in the way of this treaty if the conservatives got in. Now that hope has gone.

Europe i honestly believe now has the power to decide the leaders in each of the member states. Or at the very least decide what the big policies will be. Think about it, if David Cameron let us vote and we said no then Europe would punish us financially. Slightly conspiratorial but hey it's ATS

[edit on 10-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well considering the supposed threats made to the Czech leader for not ratifying the treaty

Jiri Oberfalzer, a member of the Czech senate and Klaus’s closest ally, said Nicolas Sarkozy, the French president, had already threatened the Czechs with expulsion from the EU. “Ideas of changing the constitution just to get rid of the president only shows how weak our young democracy is,” said Oberfalzer, a Eurosceptic.

Source The Times

If the EU are considering ways to change the Czech constitution to remove the Czech president, or threatening to throw the Czech republic out of the EU over this, then I have no doubt the lengths the EU will go to if Britain does end up being able to vote on Lisbon, Gordo IMHO is only hanging on in power to ensure we don't get that vote, which is pretty disgusting behaviour.

I wonder what Gordo gets out of the deal? since he has no way of maintaining power.. The whole idea of someone like Tony Blair in charge of a revived Roman Empire scares me silly.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
The whole idea of someone like Tony Blair in charge of a revived Roman Empire scares me silly.

Seems that the Empire has already been "revived". (It was only suspended; never conquered)

If Tony Blair has a seat, it will be below the salt.

....The Holy Roman Empire, being officially Confirmed by Imperial Decree in the meeting of the Reichs-Council of The Holy Roman Empire on the 1st of September 1999, in London. His Imperial Highness, formally assumed the Title of Hereditary Sovereign Chancellor and Grand Master of the aforesaid Association and of all other International Associations, Official Bodies and Imperial Orders of The Imperial Nobility of the Holy Roman Empire, on the same date which includes the descendants of the Imperial Italian Nobility of The Holy Roman Empire, who formed an Italian Association.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join