It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 48 Laws of Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

• Law 1

Never Outshine the Master

Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite – inspire fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear more brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights of power.

• Law 2

Never put too Much Trust in Friends, Learn how to use Enemies

Be wary of friends-they will betray you more quickly, for they are easily aroused to envy. They also become spoiled and tyrannical. But hire a former enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend, because he has more to prove. In fact, you have more to fear from friends than from enemies. If you have no enemies, find a way to make them.

• Law 3

Conceal your Intentions

Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelope them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.

• Law 4

Always Say Less than Necessary

www2.tech.purdue.edu...

(moderator note: please do NOT copy and paste people's web pages. Post the first paragraph or so and provide a link.)

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Byrd]

• posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
    link   
    [
    www2.tech.purdue.edu...

(moderator note: please do NOT copy and paste people's web pages. Post the first paragraph or so and provide a link.)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
    link   
    Thanks to Robert Greene and Joost Elffers

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
    link   
    I bought this book years ago, and live by it.
    If it is used properly, the power and influence, through forsight that can be acheived is remarkable.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
    link   
    Edit to romove double post

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Oaktree]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:35 PM
    link   
    Great list. It's always very useful to know the foul tricks of the enemy. In this case the weak bastard, that can't look you in your eyes without shudder. the snake, that fears the mirror. The dumba$$, that will not hesitate murdering their own grandma...

I always hated those twofaced &%$§%&

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
    link   
    how positively Luciferian and insightful! S&F. many of these I've been instinctually doing for years anyway

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
    link   
    Interesting, however many of the "laws" contradict themselves.
    Some of them provide nice food for thought, though!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
    link   
    Machaivelli wrote "The Prince" which is an ancient treaty on obtaining and keeping power. These Laws formed the basis of his book. As an Itallian, living in a fragmented country of city states, it was important to be careful in how one courted power. The Catholic Inquistion was in full flow throughout the Papal States and extended far beyond.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
    link   
    I read the book some time ago. Its educative and entertaining, but Ive gotten more $uccess from being kind and honest.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:24 PM
    link   
    It is interesting, and some of the points ennumerated we have learned through experience. But it seems to be essentially a recipe for anti-social behavior. How to exploit/use people to your best advantage, without giving any consideration for their well being.

"For mine own good, all causes shall give way". Shakespeare.

Good thread, though. S&F

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
    link   
    This book and its followers are a joke..

Yea I said it.

Law- Decieve and Cheat to climb up the social ladder.

Law- Do what thou will and let God sort em out.

....Get the point?

Marines, Tycoons, and cheap used car salesmen have been preaching this crap for years now. Nothing new to those who understand real Power.

Good Law- Do Unto others as you would have done to you.

Man am I glad I can read people. Yes, there are those out there who can see right through the decietful types who are trying to take over society.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:10 PM
    link   
    I have the book somewhere but i never go around to reading it O.o

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:33 AM
    link   
    I love stuff like this.

Marked to read when I get back from work. Thank you for this.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:36 AM
    link   
    Read this a while ago actually.

One thing i find is that to strictly adhere to these 'laws' one would have to be a morally deprived individual.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:49 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Skyfloating

I read most of the book and the reason I stopped was because of the blatant dishonesty, scheming ways it presents itself. Here's a good book:

How to win friends and influence people- Dale Carnegie. First published in 1937

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:18 AM
    link   
    Thanks for the 48 laws of destruction!

'Nice' to see 48 laws that are destroying our world, by sowing distrust between fellow humans, thus dooming relationships before they begin.
    Follow the laws and have excess money and power, but you will die poor*. In case there is a life after death, have fun in the 'after-life' too...

An it harm none, do what ye will.

BB,
    Samuel

EDIT to ADD:
    * 'poor' in this instance refers to true treasure, not money or power

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Aldolas]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:32 AM
    link   
    reply to post by FlySolo

Great book! I like the approach the author sugguests, that is one of openness and honesty all with focus on others needs and interests.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:08 AM
    link   
    Does the law #45 reminds you something ?
    "Preach the Need for Change, but Never Reform too much at Once " : checked.

These laws are interesting, because if used as a reference guide, they provide a "percentage of evilness" of our masters. Pick your names, check them out.

Excel sheet anyone ?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:44 AM
    link   
    Don't mind this post, just postin because i accidentally deleted my thread subscriptions.

new topics

top topics

join