It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of the Ages - the Mayans finally talk about 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I know this thread is pretty much dead but i just had to weigh in.

To be honest, i'm very disappointed in the general level of discussion exhibited in this thread.

Every other poster wondering who's making a profit and who's promoting this or that. Everyone has their right to an opinion but really guys, does EVERYTHING have to be a promotional exercise?

The word needs to be spread somehow and in this day and age you'd out of your mind not to do that via modern means, ie the internet and a film.

When i saw the thread i was keen to revive it with a good discussion about what was actually discussed in the film, but now i dont know how well that would go down.

But what the heck, it's my 2 cents that this Wandering Wolfe character comes across as honest and solid of character. His message is one which shouldnt be laughed at so easily.

His message merely reflects other information which i have found in the past to be highly interesting. This type of data has always resonated strongly with me and just felt 'right'.

In a similar vein to the Law of One material.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
First of all I will hold my hand up and say I haven't watched the video yet, bit pushed for time but I intend to later tonight.
But I would just like to say that whilst not dismissing any of the Mayan Prophecies I would like to question why so many people put so much faith in a people that practiced human sacrifice to appease their gods and despite allegedly having some mythical knowledge of advanced technology they were ultimately no match for a small band of Spanish Conquistadors.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'd like to know why so many people are so quick to make assumptions that the Mayans really did practice human sacrifice.

It is only our modern Western interpretation of ancient Mayan texts and temples which says that they sacrificed anyone.
This same sort of rubbish interpretation is responsible for people thinking the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt was a tomb when it clearly never was.

How arrogant have we all become to think that we can stand in the face of a Mayan elder and tell THEM THEIR OWN history! No sorry guys, you're OWN history passed down through the generations and guarded as sacred is wrong. We know because we applied our faulty interpretation and it says you sacrificed people - you savages

In regards to the Spanish, would you really expect a peaceful and spiritual peoples to respond with the same level of weaponry and aggression afforded by the Spanish? Come on - let's at least be fair with our reasoning here.

Watch this vids and let me know what you think - and let's approach it all with an open mind - we could learn a thing or two...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Mayan knowledge was lost along with the Myan civilization hundreds of years ago. A few decendants of the Mayans are pretending to have the knowledge, but they don't. They are really good at making things up. Only in the last few decades has anyone of Mayan decent picked up the religion. It is the same with the Icas and the Aztecs. There is no ancient religion of the Mayans practiced today, it died.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

You know this how?

This is why i get a bit frustrated with these topics. How the heck do you know this?

We have few reliable sources on this, yes, but we DO have a MAYAN ELDER telling it as it is! I mean, why do you believe some western researchers over THE SOURCE ITSELF??

It just confuses me this way of thinking.

I say it again, arrogant Western thinking. And i am not attacking you personally, you are more than entitled to your opinion and i respect that, but i just wish people would open themselves to greater possibilities.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I traveled extensivley in Central and Southern Mexico, and in South America when I was a child. I suppose some forms of Mayan religion could have been practiced in secrecy, but I really doubt it. The people pretending to be mayan Elders don't really have a religion or the academics the ancient ones had. The Conquistadores did away with the Mayan culture, at times completely obliterating religious sites and building churches on the debris. I heard the elder mentioned does not even speak Mayan.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

www.shiftoftheages.com...

i didn't have to pay to see the movie clips.
and hey, i'm *not* going to pay for the full movie...thats what downloading is for. :/

BUT
i do think its interesting, def. more interesting than 45% of the lame, 'tarded threads around here any more. *sigh*

though i'll admit the site does seem very ad-like. haha doesn't mean the info is meaningless or even false.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

We have few reliable sources on this, yes, but we DO have a MAYAN ELDER telling it as it is! I mean, why do you believe some western researchers over THE SOURCE ITSELF??

Let me have you apply the same logic to your own post:

You know this how?

How do you know this guy is a Mayan Elder, because he said so, where is the proof?

To me keeping an open mind means being able to see both sides of the story.

you are more than entitled to your opinion and i respect that, but i just wish people would open themselves to greater possibilities.

Perhaps then you should open yourself to the possibility that this old man may not have the slightest clue what he is talking about? Why do other people always have to open themselves to greater possibilities, while you refuse to do the same yourself?

I have no idea whether this guy knows what he is talking about, and I have no idea if he's just making it all up or not. However, I am willing to listen with an open mind. I don't mean to call you out personally, I just am always seeing posts like that. Basically berating another member for not having an open mind, while at the same time closing your mind to other possibilities. It just seems silly to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ian Xan Lungold I think was his name. Look up his google video on the subject. Time is accelerating toward creation. A pivotal point in history where people can manifest things easily. We are already seeing results.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
god bless them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join