It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on the Obama ‘Peace’ Prize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Everyone IS so narrow minded in partianship, more than the era of the previous administration as well.

I think that Obama has little to do with the decrease of the anti-war movement and partisan bickering.

I think it's more because of media outlets and them supporting a more leftist view.
Which in fact aren't really views, they are more insults and mockery than views.

Thereby really, in my humble opinion, they've already lost in the midst of thinking they are winning.

It's going to be a sad sad term

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ron Paul always hits the nail on the head, I like this quote from the video:

"I think it's internationalism and world government, not peace at all".

I think he's right, we have to remember that Obama was only in office for about two weeks by the time he was nominated, surely he had done little in his first two weeks.

I think it's a cult of personality thing, people like Obama even if they don't have a good reason for it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We can always count on Ron Paul to give it to us straight up.

Since nothing is done without a reason, I cannot help but wonder what purpose does it serve for him to receive the award. I suppose that time will tell the tale, but in the mean time I'll continue to scratch my head.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Because now he's "Nobel Peace Prize Winner and First Black President Barack (don't say Hussein) Obama!", hard to argue with a guy with a title like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I disagree, Id argue with that joke Carter, and id argue with that joke of a president Barack Hussien Obama.

LoL I view it from the aspect of some college students. Some are great students and some are smart at the same time, others are just educated idiots.

Here we just have an inexperienced, megalomaniac nincompoop as the president. Just w an all new title

This should make his head even bigger now tho

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Rudolph, Earl, Jefferson, Wilson, Herbert Walker, Walker, Hussein...What do all of these names have in common? they are the middle names of the last 7 presidents...What do they not have in common? Barack Obama is the ONLY one that people consistently include the middle name of. Why? I know, this should be the topic of it's own thread, but I post it here, because I see people using his middle name.....like it's a BAD thing
In my mind, this equates to nothing more than latent, subtle racism (not breaking any T&C...but it's a fact).

Very childish!

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Actually people used George W Bush and George HW Bush middle names a lot, middle name is just another thing for the Obamanauts to nit pick at.

Its his name, whats wrong with using it?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Aggie Man

Actually people used George W Bush and George HW Bush middle names a lot, middle name is just another thing for the Obamanauts to nit pick at.

Its his name, whats wrong with using it?

Not really. I mean, we all called Bush jr. "W"...but that's about it. but we don't call Obama "H"...

Yes, it IS his name. BUT, the only ones using it are the right-wing....and they emphasize it when they say it...don't tell me it's not intentionally included in order to disparage him.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
it amazes me how ron paul wasnt elected? i mean he doesnt need prompters when he speaks, he is right on target everytime. If ron would of been elected i think we might of had some real change, but with the electorial college. i dont ever see us getting a good president in. anyways as usual ron paul you rock

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Problem is that alot of people have been dumbed to a point, they ignore alot of what ron says. Does not matter than he was conned out of the republican nomination.

Most people are conditioned to just laugh at alot of what he says.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I gotta agree though
including the middle name during the debate only causes distractions from the toipic at hand

people end up losing an argument when they bring the middle name up

there's so much more you can debate on rather than a middle name

only if you love bush would that be a point of topic
because it would mean that bush fooled you in the war on terror to make you think that a last name like hussein is actually an insult

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I hope he doesn't see Obama as a "pussy" for, at least, giving the impression that he's more peace-like because Mr Paul also strongly want to cut down the military industrial complex doesn’t he? Which is one of the reasons I like him for. I guess the rest is just politic as usual though. Really would like to know what he thinks the purpose of this world government is deep deep inside. Not just on political rhetoric, but on a bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ron Paul would really shake things up if he were President...far more than Obama could ever dream.

Ron Paul would try to get rid of NAFTA...and increase tariffs....which is a dagger into the heart of international corporations and a big boost to American workers.

He's one of the few who even speak about it. Obama said he was against Nafta but has done little to nothing to support that position....nor has he done much to end the war. Good speeches...yes....but other than that he's done nothing but continue the bloodshed.

We can't stop going into debt until we stop the war...it's THAT SIMPLE. Take our lumps and start getting this country back on it's feet!

He's failing big time and IMO will definitely be a one term President. I just hope to that we get a real leader next time...someone who truly speaks of peace and wants the best for all of the people in this country....and supports it with ACTION.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
it amazes me how ron paul wasnt elected?

You can thank MSM for promoting him as senile nut job.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What makes you think presidents are elected; it's all just a one-party policy façade and votes are to make people believe they have a say.

Different puppets, same strings.

top topics

join