It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Barack Obama deserve to win the Nobel Peace Prize?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

As far as being confused as to why the Nobel Prize was given to him, I guess we have all been a little perplexed, and even the explanation is a little confusing.

But receiving it has provided another opportunity for those who criticize him recreationally to engage in this, their favorite past time, bashing.

I doubt if he asked for it. I don't think he has the power to order it for himself. Consequently, he had nothing to do with it.

And yet, here is everybody all over it, in the usual hateful, closed minded,
and disparaging way. So yes, it's bashing and it's out of line, and uncalled for. But those who do it, do it for one reason. They seem to enjoy it.

So again, seize the day.

Have fun. You're very, very good at it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm starting to come round to the argument that this prize is to make Obama stick by his actions and force him to be a man of peace. how will it look if he continues Americas war in Afghanistan and possibly a conflict with Iran, being the Nobel Peace Price winner.

Obviously you cant give such an award for someone only in power for 9 month's, but maybe the peace prize may hold Obama up to account. he can now atleast be judged to see how peaceful he really is.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I will say this. It has occurred to me also that receiving this prize is a veil of manipulation. But if you and I suspect this, then certainly Obama and his advisors suspect it as well, and not be swayed by it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

So youre accusing everyone of bashing him yet you have NO reply about my post.

Youre telling me that Obama is more deserving of this award than the people that i just stated?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No...

but that's not of no matter because the elites decided that Obama must be praised to no end...awarded status, lauded, so others will Follow without thinking!

it is also a way to legitimize ACORN, which Obama is obliged to,

ACORN is a system of organizational 'cells' of seperate entities or 'LLP's and 'LLC's... these businesses fall under the umbrella 'Working Families Party'

does this echo the 1930s German homeland? & the workers socalist party

sends a chill up my spine...(& it ain't Kundalini )

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Who really cares anyway? It's a done deal.

It's just more evidence that he's a NWO puppet.
But the escalation of bush/cheney's wars and bailouts ought to be enough proof of that!

The environment(our home) and species(our food) are dying meanwhile.
Still the sheep graze and bleat contently,
apprently unaware of it and indifferent to it.

All going exactly according to "someones" plan........
We are on a collision course with our selves!
And our -inherent- nature.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

This award is not given lightly

Evidently it is.

No record of any great deed or accomplishment/s.

Employee of the month maybe but not the Nobel Prize.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I WILL END WORLD HUNGER AND CREATE WORLD PEACE BY NEXT YEAR!!

I'm now a shoe in for a nobel too...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Xtrozero

"I WILL END WORLD HUNGER AND CREATE WORLD PEACE BY NEXT YEAR!!"

What great words of inspiration! You've just convinced me. What a worthy Nobel Prize candidate! I will immediately inform the Nobel Prize Committee of this incredible feat. What a bold concept for a new world, for a true change. It must have taken you many years of education, training, research, and above all hard work to get to this level of expertise and insight. You will be humanity's chosen leader in the final battle against falsehood, corruption, and bad weather. The blue planet will recover and blossom. A milestone not only for the United States and the European Union but the whole world. Let's rejoice, celebrate and enjoy this moment in silence. It is now time to be one and to fulfill the dreams of our founding fathers.

And that's not all. With immediate effect you will be eligible as the next President of the United States. Please declare your candidacy.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I WILL END WORLD HUNGER AND CREATE WORLD PEACE BY NEXT YEAR!!

I'm now a shoe in for a nobel too...

www.youtube.com...

Any questions?

[edit on 043131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
No, this kids got it right on the money.

width="425" height="344"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/QywGPj-lKOg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ConstrainedNoMore

Haha, my bad, here it is

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Quite apropo.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So seriously, if America declares war on Iran, or any other country during Obama’s reign – does that mean he would have to give the Noble Peace Prize back?

Surly the leader of a country that initiates a pre-emptive strike (a nice way of saying "invasion" or "blitzkrieg") would not be eligible for a peace prize?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
He absolutely deserved it. He is in the company of Gore, Carter and the murdering terrorist (dead) Arafat. They all have one thing in common.. They hate America.

The Nobel represents everything America is NOT and that fits Obama like a glove. He deserves the Nobel because the Nobel is a tool of anti-American sentiment. Fairly simple really...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b766694e184d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Is this a trick question? Seriously, the guy has done NOTHING but trash the economy and meet with all our enemies. How anyone could think he deserves a Nobel prize for that is beyond my capacity to comprehend. I really have to start wondering at this stage if he isn't endowed with some creepy power to enthrall people. No, not kidding at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
obama is the great community organizer the greatest community organizer this

World has ever known. obama should of been given the World Emperor Award

and not the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize is not good enough for

him and obama said he personally thought he did not deserve the award.

Maybe with this award obama can bring the World together under a One World

Government directed by the supreme direction of the New World Order. ^Y^

[edit on 10-10-2009 by amari]

Please tell me this was meant as sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Full_Vision

But there it is. Get over it.

It becomes clear that this thread is simply another Obama bashing thread. As if there is not already enough.

Recreational hatred, whining, and negativity. Have fun, guys.

[edit on 10/10/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

"Get over it"?? Are you kidding here? The guy has done NOTHING to deserve a peace prize. If you think stating such an obvious fact is somehow nothing but Obama-bashing, then my thought is that you aren't thinking clearly. How is it hatred to state facts? Inconvenient to some, perhaps, but not hateful by any means. I guess you son't care if he deserved it or not, as long as he has it; that's all that matters, right? The proper paperwork, accurate or not? Paint a mask on a person, and make up stuff to make them look good, and all is well with you, huh? That's rather sad.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by LadyGreenEyes]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join