It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Is Seriously Watching

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone knows about this. It is about a library being built in a remote area of Utah. A monstrous structure that will house all the worlds information. Super computers will be able to access this information and provide answers to whatever is asked. They will make predictions and provide real time analysis of current situations. The link is here. I've added a few excerpts from it though. The article is actually a review of a book by James Bamford. If anyone wanted to check him out too.

On a remote edge of Utah's dry and arid high desert, where temperatures often zoom past 100 degrees, hard-hatted construction workers with top-secret clearances are preparing to build what may become America's equivalent of Jorge Luis Borges's "Library of Babel," a place where the collection of information is both infinite and at the same time monstrous, where the entire world's knowledge is stored, but not a single word is understood. At a million square feet, the mammoth $2 billion structure will be one-third larger than the US Capitol and will use the same amount of energy as every house in Salt Lake City combined.

Sounds peachy keen right? Sounds like something that this country could really use. It gets a little more disturbing though. The information that will be stored and accessed will be for finding out who among us are terrorists. Who gets to say who is and is not a terrorist?

It's being built by the ultra-secret National Security Agency—which is primarily responsible for "signals intelligence," the collection and analysis of various forms of communication—to house trillions of phone calls, e-mail messages, and data trails: Web searches, parking receipts, bookstore visits, and other digital "pocket litter." Lacking adequate space and power at its city-sized Fort Meade, Maryland, headquarters, the NSA is also completing work on another data archive, this one in San Antonio, Texas, which will be nearly the size of the Alamodome. Just how much information will be stored in these windowless cybertemples? A clue comes from a recent report prepared by the MITRE Corporation, a Pentagon think tank. "As the sensors associated with the various surveillance missions improve," says the report, referring to a variety of technical collection methods, "the data volumes are increasing with a projection that sensor data volume could potentially increase to the level of Yottabytes (1024 Bytes) by 2015."[1] Roughly equal to about a septillion (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) pages of text, numbers beyond Yottabytes haven't yet been named. Once vacuumed up and stored in these near-infinite "libraries," the data are then analyzed by powerful infoweapons, supercomputers running complex algorithmic programs, to determine who among us may be—or may one day become—a terrorist. In the NSA's world of automated surveillance on steroids, every bit has a history and every keystroke tells a story.

Every key stroke tells a story. That is pretty revealing. So, who knows, I may one day be rounded up for starting this thread. Big brother has all the information it needs to turn any one of us into an enemy at this point. It can then retrieve information and make its case to vilify us. Nobody is safe at this point and it will get worse.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
to determine who among us may be—or may one day become—a terrorist
Sounds like people will be rounded up before they even start a thread!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its far worse than all that. I have been monitored with mind control for over 17 years, now. You people have no idea of how bad it is, i reckon. If they have been doing this to me for 17 years, what are the chances that they are not doing this to alot of people, without your knowledge.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I live in Utah. Wonder where it is?

Would go and take a look.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That is unfortunate my friend. I hope that you can and will resolve that situation. Check this out.

According to a recent Justice Department report, "As of December 31, 2008, the consolidated terrorist watchlist contained more than 1.1 million known or suspected terrorist identities."

The source link is the same one used in the opening post. I wonder if any of us are on that one point one million suspected terrorist list.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I doubt i will ever live any moment the rest of my life in peace and privacy. Have any of you ever thought of what it would be like, to have people perve into every second of your life, and people finding it absolutely funny.

I would say to you lot, if they ever go after you like they did me, your in for an awful life, here. They do not care one bit.

Plus you do not need to do anything to get to be one of those watched like me. Just upset something, who knows things that are going on behind the scenes, and they can just ring up someone, and your on it forever.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I did find this, although I still don't have an exact location.

Businesses welcome: Utah county leading in economic efforts.

DENSLEY: I'm really excited about the National Security Agency (NSA NSA abbr. National Security Agency Noun 1. NSA - the United States cryptologic organization that coordinates and directs highly specialized activities to protect United States information systems and to produce foreign ) facility. If that center goes the way I think it will as a data center, there could be a huge spin-off The situation that arises when a parent corporation organizes a subsidiary corporation, to which it transfers a portion of its assets in exchange for all of the subsidiary's capital stock, which is subsequently transferred to the parent corporation's shareholders. of other opportunities that grow up around it. It's just really, really exciting to see the potential.

link

[edit on 10-10-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Well I'm certainly not laughing. I do know that it is for real and I feel for you. Are you now out of the situation? Or do they still haunt?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Funny how building a library to house this information suddenly makes others start to wonder which among us are considered "potential or actual" terrorists according to government definition.

The red flag for me went off when I saw the leaked memo that Pelosi wrote identifying conservatives, returning military vets, religious "fanatics", and the like as potential terrorists. That happened months ago.

Other than the fact that this is a colossal waste of money, I care more about the fact that they already HAVE this information, not that they now need someplace to store it.

Not to mention that the government is once again putting the cart before the horse. I would have thought that it would make sense to spend the money protecting the information -- the pentagon is already having problems with cyber attacks -- rather than just building something that is sure to be hacked within a month of completion.

I didn't see it in the article, maybe I just missed it, but what is the significance of choosing Utah? I wonder if this has anything to do with the land leases that Bush made right before leaving office. Those have since been overturned by a judge -- I think 17 out of 70-something remained permitted to begin drilling. The rest are being reviewed and some have been thrown out altogether.

Any information regarding their choice of site?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I did find a really good article that attempts to explain why and where it will be built in Utah.

Spies like us: NSA to build huge facility in Utah

It will also require at least 65 megawatts of power -- about the same amount used by every home in Salt Lake City combined. A separate power substation will have to be built at Camp Williams to sustain that demand, said Col. Scott Olson, the Utah National Guard's legislative liaison. Advertisement He noted that there were two significant power corridors that ran though Camp Williams -- a chief factor in the NSA's desire to build there. The NSA bills itself as the home of America's codemakers and codebreakers, but the Department of Defense agency is perhaps better known for its signals intelligence program, which is reported to have the capacity to tap into a significant amount of the world's communications. The agency also has been the subject of significant criticism by civil libertarians, who have accused it of unwarranted monitoring of the communications of U.S. citizens. The NSA's heavily automated computerized operations have for years been based at Fort Meade, Maryland, but the agency began looking to decentralize its efforts following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sounds like right from a Sci-fi movie.

There was a movie I saw in it the Super Computer determines on it's own which citizens would be threat thru a Online Game and has control over all electronic device(including the millitary) in USA..once it identifies a threat it takes automatic steps to eliminate the threat. The comp. later goes rogue and identifies innocent kids as a threat and tries to eliminate them.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Well I'm certainly not laughing. I do know that it is for real and I feel for you. Are you now out of the situation? Or do they still haunt?

This will be with me forever. I stumbled across they where using electronic mind control, in uk in 1992.

I have been monitored 24/7 ever since, and i doubt it will ever leave me till i die. The people doing it, seem to not care one bit, as long as they get to destroy who they want.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Good find
This thing sounds exactly like the program in the movie Eagle Eye. 2015 the article said, gonna need to make it through martial law and FEMA then dodge the the 2012 events, between those two and whatever else pops up and doesn't wipe out the masses this program in 2015 should only have around 200 people to look over. Only kidding, again excellent find

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
S&F! Hope they're building on-site power units. Twin 450's will operate redundantly and be pretty inexpensive as opposed to purchasing power from the private sector.

Nobody freaked out when the Library of Congress was built. Why now? Honestly, the only people with enough resources to pull this off would be the NSA. Think of how difficult some things would be to get ahold of even for the CIA/FBI.

Since it's all going to be computerized, imagine if what could happen if they put the webbot guy on THIS! We'd have fresh doom on an hourly basis!

Seriously though, I'd like to know where the line would be drawn as to what gets in and what doesn't. How would they choose which websites? All editions of each of them? Every edition of every book/article/magazine/newspaper?

Even digitally, 1.33 captiol sized buildings wouldn't be enough to contain it all. The catalogue index itself would require a building of that size!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the information.

But, what a bunch of hypocrites!!! I'm going to end up getting taxed because my house doesn't meet the "green" living standards about to be imposed -- and the government can build a multi-billion dollar electricity hog???

I say this entire building should be protested. At the very least, they could use some of the money installing solar panels and wind turbines -- you know, the "green life" they want all of US buying.....

A Nobel Prize winner not following his own advice?! I dare say they should take the award back!

Seriously though, I am so sick of the double-standard in this country.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its far worse than all that. I have been monitored with mind control for over 17 years, now. You people have no idea of how bad it is, i reckon. If they have been doing this to me for 17 years, what are the chances that they are not doing this to alot of people, without your knowledge.

17 years... that's all...

Lucky you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Lucky you.

you could swap with me if you want, just have people make up stuff about you.

What i have been through is no laugh, these people use these techs to destroy lifes, and they have not a care in the world, what they do to people.

Nice apathy there, thx

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Lucky you.

you could swap with me if you want, just have people make up stuff about you.

What i have been through is no laugh, these people use these techs to destroy lifes, and they have not a care in the world, what they do to people.

Nice apathy there, thx

I was being "facetious" as in...

bantering: cleverly amusing in tone; "a bantering tone"; "facetious remarks"; "tongue-in-cheek advice"

What I meant was you are "lucky" if your stalkers have only been on to you for 17 years.... unless of course you are only "17" yrs old.

Most of us... have been targeted from birth.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

oh right, i just found out at 17, whether it was before i do not know. But i will always talk about it, as the people are scum, and the only thing i have, is the fact that people know its being done to me, and i will keep telling people what they do.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe one day he will turn on his hear aid and hear me.
DONT TREAD ON ME - F*%kers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join