It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore Vidal says Obama will lose next vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Gore Vidal says Obama will lose next vote

www.presstv.com

Renowned American historian Gore Vidal says that President Barack Obama would lose 2012 presidential elections, calling the first black US president "incompetent."

In an interview with the Independent, Vidal sharply criticized Obama who took power when the United States was involved in two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

About the election of Obama, Vidal said that he was initially optimistic, but after witnessing the administration, he has relegated himself to despair.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well the question is, are there any republican candidates who could do any better, besides Ron Paul?

Vidal go's onto say..

"It's a pity because he's the first intellectual president we've had in many years, but he can't hack it. He's not up to it. He's overwhelmed, [Obama] wants to be liked by everybody, and he thought all he had to do was talk reason,"

Vidal continues...

"But remember - the Republican Party is not a political party. It's a mindset, like Hitler Youth. It's full of hatred. You're not going to get them aboard. Don't even try. The only way to handle them is to terrify them. He's too delicate for that."

Vidal also predicted that "Afghanistan will be terminal for the American empire," which he sees as a positive development.

"This kid [Obama] has never heard a gun fired in anger. He's absolutely bowled over by generals, who tell him lies and he believes them. He hasn't done anything."

"He's not ready for prime time and he's getting a lot of prime time on his plate at once."

The intellectual once again called the 2000 election "stolen" by the Bush administration then added they were "probably" involved in the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on New York City and the Pentagon.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

I believe that the "Conservatives" used the OB1KENOBI manuver and let Barak Obama win. Obama has nearly destroyed America. He has spent massive amounts of effort to "fix health care". He missed the point: "Its the economy Stupid"!

I predict that it will be at least a hundred years before another black man can even think of running for president.

2nd line ... our new national anthem ... from each according to his ability ... to each according to his need !!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Too soon!

I am not so willing to write this president off completely yet, like we can fall for the promise of hope and change... He to can be "changed".... Perhaps he will learn from the people... He has a chance to earn our trust again, there is time.

A lot can happen between now and 2012.... We can still hope for the best, and despite our doubts there is always hope.

Obama can still deliver us real change that could be beneficial, he could say no to the Washington elite, special interests and major lobbyists... Chart a new course, the right one for this nation.

Likely he will not, but it ain't over yet.

Hope!

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree to some extent with those who believe that Obama is incompetent. He is still an advancement from Bush who was both stupid and incompetent. I think it will slowly dawn on Obama that he is where he is for a specific reason. The question then, is what he will do about it.

Kennedy got uppity and they got rid of Kennedy. I think he was supposed to lose that election anyway. Obama couldn't lose, if nominated. The nomination is the thing with him. I think he was nominated because he is disposible.

The question for me is how and when will they dispose of him, or, really, what is the set of events or opportunities that will signal the moment he is disposed of.

What would getting rid of him enable them to do?

I explored this a little in my thread Obama's Moment

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but just to recap here, briefly.

His assassination could open up opportunities domestically, in increased martial law or invasion of privacy measures and it could open up opportunites in foreign policy if it were handled the right way and blamed upon the right external enemy.

We have to remember also, that we are dealing with the intellectul wing of American politics here, not so much the corporate wing as in the days of "Dubya". Simply following the money might not lead to the ultimate objective in this case. An overall geostrategic plan is supposed to figure highly in the Berzhinski advised Whitehouse.

Memo to Putin: Try to safeguard Obama from assassination by his own Secret Service. Be the watcher watching the watchers, if you know what I mean.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't believe he will make it to the next election...I personally cannot remember in my lifetime people on both sides being so fanatical about their position on the president.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Got to be freaking kidding. Obama still has 3 years left. All he has to do is get the economy booming going into the election year and the majority of Americans will temporary forget about the current fiasco we see.

Obama has the advantage going into the elections and only a major event could stop that from happening. My bet is that economy approves and Obama announces(not that he means it) troop withdrawal from Afghanistan prior to 2012.

new topics

top topics

join