It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being hypnotized with only three notes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Are we aware that our enemy - Satan - is the "Prince of the Airwaves?" it's in the Bible. Google the Bible verse.

Also, Satan, when he was in heaven as an angel named Lucifer, was made with perfect "timbrels and pipes," meaning he was a magnificant singer.. some say he was probably even the original "choir director" in heaven.. Exekiel 8:13

But we all know Satan is also the Father of lies..and a deceiver...so we need to turn away from him. U may have a point about the music being used to hypnotize us. God knows that we are living in crazy times... unbelievable times... and we're in the end days. Time for Satan's "Last Big Deception" before Jesus returns! We've uncovered so much deception on ATS lately.. and we know something bigger is coming.

BTW - There is also a valid point being made about the pyramids in the logo's. Check out this video (and actually, you don't have to stop @ the first video... there are more!) The point being made is - "Yes, they are definitely in hollywood."
These mason symbols lead to paganism, and Satan is at the root of paganism.
U've all seen the footage of the of the Bohemian Grove - where those rich/powerful men walking in darkness were standing before fire and an owl - worshipping it! If not - here u go -

Do some research..

The 1st commandment says "You shall have no other god's before me"

The 2nd says, "You shall not make for yourself an idol"

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

You mean some Ronnie James Dio, I think he actually changed Black Sabbath, he brought them to a higher Demonic level......Anyways music has always controlled mankind behavior in every aspect of all cultures.l

Demonic Level? You know Ronnie James Dio is only like 5ft 3in or something like that?

Him and Danzig...hard to be evil when your so short...LOL

Peace

[edit on 10-10-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
in my opinion try finding out if people can be hypnotized by certain keys? then u may get your answer

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crichton13
Interesting thread.

But for clarification, the Oxord English Disctionary states that "Illuminate" means:

"1 to light up. 2 help to clarify or explain. 3 decorate (a page or initial letter in a manuscript) with gold, silver, or coloured designs."

In no way whasover does it refer to anything other than being a verb.

John Crichton

Thanks John. I actually misspelled Illuminati.

For Clarification...

Proper noun

Singular
Illuminati

Plural

Illuminati

1. plural Any of various societies, sects or other people claiming religious or intellectual enlightenment
2. plural An alleged global, elite, secret society which has as its ultimate objective the subjugation of humanity (world domination or New World Order)

Thanks again...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onesixtyfive
in my opinion try finding out if people can be hypnotized by certain keys? then u may get your answer

thanks onesixtyfive.

Looking into that.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think "hypnotize" is a strong word, but this conbination of notes is probably used because it is pleasing to the ear. It probably works on the same level as advertising works like certain colours are used to get our attention. For example bold reds are always used if there is a sale on to give people the sense of urgency.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Hi letthereaderunderstand! it is very nice to put a face to a name!

I dont really see how these 3 notes would possibly hypnotise us. What i could understand though is making the sights and sounds of acoustic levitation a part of every day life. So that when an alien vessel swoops in from space and starts spitting out theme songs to stay aloft people would be less frightened and more amused.

Hey Wertdagf. Good to see you again.

Question is, does someone who is hypnotized know that they are? They sure think the audience is naked when the suggestion is given them.

I like the prep Acoustic Levitation theory though...

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Growing up and looking back I don't believe I can remember a time when I didn't know these three notes.

To be specific D 146Hz, B 246Hz, and G 196Hz.

I got to thinking about this when I had recognized the similarities between the NBC indent and the Intel indent. Then I began hearing the similarity in a bunch of different things.

Problem: You listed a G major 2nd inversion chord. NBC is not a major triad. It is degrees 1, 4 and 6 of the major scale. Intel's theme is not a major triad either.

Actually, you are referring to D3, B3 and G3... hmmm NBC is not those notes and it's higher pitched. But yes that would have to be the 2nd inversion due to the way you grouped it.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by antonia]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volton
I don't think it's any big secret or conspiracy that music, or certain notes, as well as images and specifically colors do have an effect on the mood of some people. I don't know what colors do what but I know that some institutions color rooms to calm individuals, such as prisons and schools ect...
I think it's probable that we are being set into a certain mood to view a movie with music and images. Is there anything evil about this? I don't know but Bill gates was right to set our mood to deal with some versions of windows.

Personally I don't think we are being put into a hypnotic state by music but it's a very interesting concept and thread you have constructed. S&F

I'd like to see you expand your research to include religious hymns and see if there is a connection. That would be interesting.

Thank you Volton for your comments.

The religious Hymns...Great Idea...I am tacking on the possibilities of this.

And no I don't believe there is a conspiracy, rather regular people who don't have billions at their fingertips to study human beings, (ex. Me and You) are easily left out of knowing what actually affects them.

Thanks again Volton....I'll check into the Hymns Idea...Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The notes D, B, and G whether played in succession as an arpeggio or at once, harmonically, form a G Major Triad. It doesn't matter what order they're arranged either.

G,B,D (closed) and G, D, B (spread) are in root position.
B,D,G (closed) and B, G, D (spread) are in first inversion.
D,G,B (closed) and D, B, G (spread) are in second inversion.

Every combination is still a G Major Triad!

It would be exceedingly difficult to substantiate any modern conspiracy relating to the use of any of these intervalic combinations, in any key, as these concepts are part of the fundamentals of tertian harmony.

If you're hearing similarities that's good though. It means you've been paying attention to music and your ear is developing...but that's probably all. Ask any musician, who's spent a substantial amount of time transcribing, about the similarities between seemingly disparate musical works and they will find many things in common. After all, music is a language and we learn to play the same way we learn to speak...by copying other people in the beginning. Those elements stick with you forever no matter how far you eventually diverge from your roots.

The formation of western harmony, as a whole, as well as the designation of A = 440 Hz is, however, open to all theories. There are of course the official explanations which any college music history professor will attest to, but as with anything dating back 400 years or more there do seem to be missing links here and there.

You will also find theories regarding the use of the golden ratio in compositions dating back to the baroque period so that's another area to explore. There have been some articles on Bach and Mozart using the golden mean in reputable scientific journals though I've not read them. You can find them online but I haven't found a site that will allow you to view them without subscribing to the journal.

One thing I've never found online, despite searching, is the idea of embedding code into a musical work and using musicians as international spies. Due to the infinite nature with which rhythm imparts upon the 12 notes of the western chromatic scale it's conceivable that a code could be developed that would only be decipherable by an experienced musical ear and touring musicians would make great spies since they'd have a great cover. The problem though, is that most of us just want to make music and could care less about some political elitist's agenda so it would be unlikely they'd find any of us willing to devote the time to world domination.

Anyway, thanks for keeping your ears open!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by n2neee
hahah no offense but he looks like a chubby brad pitt ;p

too funny .. good vid

You noticed the Brad Pitt look as well? Thought I was the only one. I even posted it on you-tube like 30 min ago when I first turned the video one and he said the first sentence.

Passive...Great Song. Gotta go dowloa...err, buy that now.

Maynard maybe his soul, along with all the greats. I mean Tool and A perfect circle have so many songs that you just CANNOT get out of your head.

When I say sold his soul, I don't think to a devil with horns and a pitchfork, but maybe to an illuminated person. What they get in return(the soul part) could be anything, who knows. But who can say deals like this do not really happen.

I think the movie Crossroads is alot more truth than fiction. Check it out if you haven't seen it.An older flick with Ralph Machio(sp?)Karate Kid.

The whole Jimmy Page/Crowley connection.

Butler/Iommi , Steve Vai of course(does all the guitar work in Crossroads).

But yea back to the THREE NOTES.

I think your definitely onto something. I KNEW the Close Encounters clip was gonna make an appearance from go, was just waiting for it. It was actually the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

But yea music is so powerful. It's more powerful for me then anything else as far as pulling me to a certain point in my life, and the "feeling". Kinda like when you smell a cologne or perfume you haven't smelled for 15 years, and it can bring you back to the time you first smelled it, and memories just start to explode as your brain fires to life, it's incredible. Extremely powerful, as the vibrations hit all the senses especially(well most importantly)when combined with imagery. As in Music Videos and Movies. These mediums are ideal for sublimanally bombarding the senses.

Crossroads is a great Flick. I really liked Ralph Machio. To bad he didn't go further?

Close Encounters...OF COURSE....lol. It was a staple of my childhood. It's cool cause further into the clip, the mothe rship starts playing the Jaws theme, which of course Richard Dryfuss was in.

See if you can off of the top of your head remember the difference between the Superman Theme, the Starwars theme and Indiana Jones.

And for you Nola123 I present something to fix the mood...

Hooker with a pen!s

"I, met a boy, wearing Vans, 501s, and a
Dope beastie-tee, nipple rings,
New tattoos that claim that he
Was OGT,
back in '92,
from the first EP.

And in between
Sips of Coke
He told me that
He thought
We were sellin' out,
Layin' down,
Suckin' up
To the man.

Well now I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well so you can
Point that fkin' finger up your a$$.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fck.
I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip sh!t,
And then you bought one.

I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fckin' man
Then you're the fckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fckin' finger up your a$$.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip sh!t,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

Shut up and

Buy, buy, buy, my new record
Buy, buy, buy, send more money
Fck you, buddy.
Fck you, buddy.
Fck you, buddy.
Fck you, buddy."

Tool=Jesus

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Thanks for bringing this up in the thread. For years I have listened to these notes over and over again, knowing I was hearing the same thing repeat itself. Subconsciously I assumed that who ever was doing the marketing was just ripping off the tunes of other marketers. It was as if musical imagination had gone to the wayside and everything was being pulled together by those three notes.

Thanks Watcher.

Three notes do form a chord, so it's not your imagination.

I read somewhere that the standard tuning used to be 423Hz (C). We now tune to 440Hz (A). Supposedly, the 423Hz had some qualities about it that are very pleasing to the human ear.

I believe this was changed around the turn of the century to 440. I'll have to look into that and get back to you, but thanks for your comments.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
Oh well... was it Mozart... yeah, you're probably right

Beside that, i'm sure the three note have a specific effect on us. Sure it's no hypnosis, but i don't think you really meant that the notes hypnotize us, the effects would be too obvious.

But sure there is a message. I'm no expert, but when you play a highly harmonic interval, that moves up, i think that would stimulate us. Play a minor dissonance that goes down, and it will very likely demotivate or make us angry.

Well, the three notes you have there seem to have a balancing effect, because the last note has a medium height between the other two. Maybe that specific interval makes us content with what we see?

Very clever boys n girls those tptb. Not Mozarts, but clever !!

In the bible it is called "Time, times and 1/2 a time".

It's the signature of a Heart Beat. Imagine your watching a heart monitor...that's what the notes are....Heart beat.

Did you know that house music is played at 120 bpm's and over because that is what a baby in the wombs heart beats at, hence house musics Euphoric feeling...(to some that is).

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thanks Watcher.

Three notes do form a chord, so it's not your imagination.

I read somewhere that the standard tuning used to be 423Hz (C). We now tune to 440Hz (A). Supposedly, the 423Hz had some qualities about it that are very pleasing to the human ear.

I believe this was changed around the turn of the century to 440. I'll have to look into that and get back to you, but thanks for your comments.

Peace

it used to be a lot lower than C4. This high tuning was something opera singers spoke out against when it began because it made it damn near impossible to sing. Believe it or not Wagner used a covered orchestra and lowered tuning. His stuff wasn't exactly easy to sing but it wasn't IMPOSSIBLE like it is in this day and age. Even Mozart's famously diffcult "Magic Flute" wasn't as high in his time as it is currently sung.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by winston37

One thing I've never found online, despite searching, is the idea of embedding code into a musical work and using musicians as international spies. Due to the infinite nature with which rhythm imparts upon the 12 notes of the western chromatic scale it's conceivable that a code could be developed that would only be decipherable by an experienced musical ear and touring musicians would make great spies since they'd have a great cover. The problem though, is that most of us just want to make music and could care less about some political elitist's agenda so it would be unlikely they'd find any of us willing to devote the time to world domination.

Anyway, thanks for keeping your ears open!

Winston37, Wow thanks for your input. Awesome knowledge.

What you stated above would make for a great story. It reminds me of "A Beautiful Mind", the story about Graham Nash. Anyway that would make for a very interesting story with all the right elements for a block buster.

What would the G triad be transposed to in the tuning of 423?

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The 4th, 6th, and 1st degrees of any major scale are the IV chord which is major. Arranged as 1st, 4th and 6th, they would constitute the IV chord in second inversion (5th, Root, 3rd with respect to the IV chord itself).

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Growing up and looking back I don't believe I can remember a time when I didn't know these three notes.

To be specific D 146Hz, B 246Hz, and G 196Hz.

I got to thinking about this when I had recognized the similarities between the NBC indent and the Intel indent. Then I began hearing the similarity in a bunch of different things.

Problem: You listed a G major 2nd inversion chord. NBC is not a major triad. It is degrees 1, 4 and 6 of the major scale. Intel's theme is not a major triad either.

Actually, you are referring to D3, B3 and G3... hmmm NBC is not those notes and it's higher pitched. But yes that would have to be the 2nd inversion due to the way you grouped it.

Thank you Antonia. I've been known to be a little flat in my hearing. I actually got those from a tuner by holding it up to my speakers. Forgive me and thanks for the correction.

Actually just found this at wikipedia...now I feel dumb....

"
The NBC chimes of the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) radio network in the United States were the first ever audio trademark to be accepted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. It consists of a succession of three distinct pitches: G3, E4, and C4 (middle C), sounded in that order, creating an arpeggiated C-major chord in the second inversion, within about two seconds time, and reverberating for another two or three seconds. The intervals of this progression are up a major 6th from G3 to E4 and down a major third from E4 to C4."

Thanks again...

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by winston37

So we are saying it's IV 6/4.

I still don't think we've proven anything here.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

You got pretty damn close. Most of the time if you are wrong and you have some degree of musical aptitude you will hit on the 3 or the 5 in the key. G is the 5th of C so you are functioning pretty well i'd say.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hi. I'm also a musician. Music is my passion. That said, I don't think the similarities are a result of anything remotely sinister. The similarities are probably due to the fact that you can't spend 4 minutes to display your logo. You only have about 4-5 seconds, usually. So you make a quick "jingle" out of three major notes, a triad. Also, you said that the tunes are in D, B, and G. I think I heard several that were in different keys. Similar triad patterns, yes, but not even the same key. Nice presentation, though. And honestly, I have noticed the similarities myself before, but never considered anything as absurd as hypnotism.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join