It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iconic Hummer brand sold to China firm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

www.news.com.au

CHINA'S heavy machinery equipment maker Tengzhong finalised plans to acquire US auto giant General Motors' Hummer sport-utility vehicle brand, the two companies announced yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I am thinking this could be the start of things to come. Looks like they have plenty of money to start buying big time. Well we don't make Hummer's down here but we do have General Motors. I wonder why Hummer - I can only think GM think it a lost cause and not very popular because only 426 Hummers were sold nationwide last month.

www.news.com.au

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
china has a lot of dollars to dump,if they're gonna get rid of the dollar. they're gonna buy up this whole country,along with the other countries that have stockpiled our petrodollar.
if no one wants dollars anymore,the only place to spend them is in the good old US of A.

can you imagine the influx of 2.1 trilion unwanted dollars?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

I am thinking this could be the start of things to come. Looks like they have plenty of money to start buying big time. Well we don't make Hummer's down here but we do have General Motors. I wonder why Hummer - I can only think GM think it a lost cause and not very popular because only 426 Hummers were sold nationwide last month.

www.news.com.au

They are being forced to reduce costs, and what better way to do so by down sizing? They are also being forced to go "green".... again, what better way then to get rid of the gas guzzler Hummers?

My question is who will be responsible for manufacturing the military version of the hummer for the US military?

Thales Australia just released their Hawkei, at least it's from a friendly allied country.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

My question is who will be responsible for manufacturing the military version of the hummer for the US military? Thales Australia just released their Hawkei, at least it's from a friendly allied country.

Doesn't it look a beast, this thing looks like it means business for sure - anyone want to take a look
Hawkei

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I hope the Chinese bring back the wide track of the original Hummer. The thing produced by GM lately bore little resemblance to the original.

Its no wonder it didn't succeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
the wide body hummer i.e military spec is not part of gm's business..the one that is sold of is the civilian version of hummer.

so basically, US still retain the military spec hummer which i believe still belong to AGM

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
wouldnt it be a terrible scene of irony if china actually made the hummer more reliable than GM could..??

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Not really, alot of great things can be accomplished through cruelty, torture, absolute lack of human rights, and economic slavery.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I don't see the Hummer as "Iconic" Jeep perhaps.

But automotive is not just the only investments China is acquiring.

I see a lot of Chinese businessmen here in the SW buying up huge tracts of realestate, shopping centers, strip malls and upscale homes.

I advise to all my young friends to learn to speak Chinese if you are going into the business sector.

Why not Hummer, check this out.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

As a kid, some old uncles and my grandfather used to tell me, learn Chinese you'll need it in the future when your grown up.

I'm starting to think they were right.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
heres one for ya

Snap-On

www.snapon.com.cn...

made in china

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I heard the rummer I mean hummer a couple of months ago.
Did not think the deal would go through and the iconic brand would stay in US hands.
well here in OZ we are us to the Iconic going to china or foreign.
good luck to them hope hummer stays a success.

Ocker

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yes, I can see overweight Chines Businessmen driving around in Hummers and Harley Davidsons, and eating Big Macs.

Meanwhile skinny starving Americans will have rickshaws pulled by illegal immigrants, and be riding bicycles..

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Umm

I see that PTB finally achieved to create a superpower that can use the best of both worlds in terms of technology. Russian and American tech. They maybe able to posses both countries technological secrets and also utilize their Asian totalitarian style of authority and state involvement on all public affairs.
We just have to wait until China has acquired much global resources to protect its assets and its growing economy until there is a paradigm shift, in working conditions, health care, education etc. that will be dictated straight from Chinese leaders.
Maybe soon they will be able to dictate to the rest of the world what we should, eat, listen to, educate ourselves, drive, wear, how do we spend our free time etc.

I only see one obstacle in this race.
Russia.
It won't be long until the entire West would be running to them for protection against the Chinese menace.
A new Byzantium is at hand.
History will once again turn a full circle, hordes invading from the East and armies will be defending from the West.

Mark my words.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Americans tried to rule the entire world with threats, viciousness, and military force, and have failed miserably.

The Asians will just buy up everything in sight and OWN the whole damned world.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hmmm.. not many replies.

Thread title should be "U.S. Gives China Hummer"

new topics

top topics

join