It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was "THE SHINING" Stanley Kubrick's Confession to having faked the moon landing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I think we went to the moon, but I think Kubrick shot the film on earth. We needed the marketing material, the moral boost, we needed to win the space race - and we did. But we didn't have good enough cameras to capture it for a nation glued to its *new* TVs (the Vietnam War had everyone tuned into their televisions as it was the first war to be seen from your couch).

In knowing this, the Nixon administration needed something for the Telly, something to show the millions of American held captive to the nightly news who would demand to now *see* the moon landing - so Nixon gave America what it wanted, a real version and a faked version. Kubrick did the made-for-TV special, but we were there too, and simply further confused cold war Russia with our supposed advanced in camera and video technology.

That's my take, and hits the middle ground where truth usually lay.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by zatara

I think we went to the moon, but I think Kubrick shot the film on earth. We needed the marketing material, the moral boost, we needed to win the space race - and we did. But we didn't have good enough cameras to capture it for a nation glued to its *new* TVs (the Vietnam War had everyone tuned into their televisions as it was the first war to be seen from your couch).

In knowing this, the Nixon administration needed something for the Telly, something to show the millions of American held captive to the nightly news who would demand to now *see* the moon landing - so Nixon gave America what it wanted, a real version and a faked version. Kubrick did the made-for-TV special, but we were there too, and simply further confused cold war Russia with our supposed advanced in camera and video technology.

That's my take, and hits the middle ground where truth usually lay.

Just saw Weidners doc (2012 odessey) on Kubrick and how he laid out clues here and there about Apollo.
So basically the quote above is exactly what I think happened back in the day.

Fortunately this also scraps a lot of the bs about towers and buildings on the moon. The reason the images look retouched is because they are... they had to hide that all the first mission images were made on Earth.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Check out this new documentary that reveals a lot more hidden messages and codes in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" about how he faked the moon landings, than Jay Weidner's "Kubrick's Odyssey" did previously. It's called "The Shining Code" and is very jaw dropping and spine chilling. 20 minutes into it, your jaw will start to drop as it becomes more and more clear that some of the messages and codes are very clear and unambiguous, such as the scene with Danny having Apollo 11 on his sweater, rising up and walking down the corridor to room 237.

See it here:

www.youtube.com...

Additional codes:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ok..so I just saw the documentary movie Room 237 that analyzes and talks about the movie The Shining but Stanley Kubrick. I'm a movie buff, and I love Kubricks movies so I was curious about this documentary. I was obviously aware of the many levels of meaning and depth, puzzles and riddles, that Kubrick places in his movies, and was also aware of some of the more obvious 'hidden' meanings in The Shining. Particulary the critique towards the massacre of native americans.

Anyway....I'm also a 'believer' in moon conspiracy theory, and believe that man has been contacted, and is in contact with other beings. We all know about the moon conspiracy and how one of the theories is that Kubrick was involved in the staging of the moon landing. What I personally didnt know about was some of the startling clues in the Shining which not only seem to support the moon landing hoax, but also could be interpreted as Kubrick literally telling us that we have also made contact with another species.

Follow my train of though for a sec.....so...(if you havent seen the movie, you wont understand what I'm about to write)....There are 2 main scenes that I want to talk about that both involve Room 237. Room 237 is where the hostile 'presence' resides.

In the first of these 2 scenes Danny (the son) is playing on the carpet in the corridor close to room 237. The pattern of the carpet is a collage of orange, brown&red hexagons. These patterns resemble the very similarly shaped birds eye view of a launching pad. Danny is sitting in the centre of one of these hexagons, he has lined up his toy cars, when from in front of him a round white cue ball come rolling in along the brown pattern which seems almost like a small path to Danny. Notice Danny is wearing a blue sweater with a large white Nasa rocket on it. At this point Danny looks up, and when they cut back to a wider view of Danny on the carpet mysteriously Danny is now sitting with the pattern of hexagons turned upside down.....the path leading into the hexagon is now on the otherside of Danny, as if to state that the path is now blocked off. This is NOT a mistake because 1. his cars are lined up on the wrong side 2. Nothing in a Kubrick movie is done by accident. At this point Danny stands up slowly....hence the rocket launches and starts its journey to 'room 237'. Room 237 is marked on the door key chain as 'ROOM N°237'.....this might be reaching...but what other words can be made up with the letters in r 'O O M N' °237? Another interesting point is why 237? the textbook distance from earth to moon anybody? 237 000 miles.

Ok....so so far this is pretty much summed up what they say in the movie.....but I would like to take it a little further. Ok...so if we accept that Danny is in fact symbolising the launch and journey to the moon, and Room N°237 is symbolising the moon.....then what does 'the presence' inside the room symbolise?

The carpet in 237 is a similar pattern to that in the corridor, but not straight regular angles, its all rounded. Not orange, brown & red, but black, blue & purple.....similar but different. Perfect for a earth vs. moon comparison. And what happnes to Danny when he goes in the room and meets the presence? We dont see it but we know that he gets attacked by the hostile presence.

Danny's father, Jack Nicholson, has made a deal with the Mr.Grady...who represents the voice of the presence in the hotel. When he goes to investigate what attacked his son in room 237 he enters knowing that he is going to meet someone or something. He examines the room, and when he goes into the bathroom A CURTAIN IS PULLED BACK and he sees a beautiful woman in the bathtub. He is drawn to her (the presence) and kisses 'her'. Thus formally making a deal. At this point he opens his eyes and sees the presence for what it really is....a disgusting, rotting corpse. See what I'm getting at here???

Danny could be symbolising mankind, the father could be representing the deviant/corrupt elite that made a deal with the 'presence' on the moon.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Um, it was originally a story by Steven King as was mentioned above. How do you get somehow it was a confession?

I know. But if you read the contents of the link I provided about "THE SHINING" you'll see where Kubrick changed some of King's writing to reflect his own "fantasies"(?). I meant to put quote marks before and after the word confession to give it a special meaning but I realized it after I posted. It wasn't meant in the literal sense.

Totally... king was so P'd off at Kubrick. The movie is entirely different to the book. Don't underestimate Kubrick, not ever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join