It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was "THE SHINING" Stanley Kubrick's Confession to having faked the moon landing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hello I am a long time lurker. This theory intrigues me. After reading this thread I found an interview with Mr. Kubrick from 1969. I find this excerpt very interesting.

"For example, at one point in 2001 Dr. Floyd is asked where he's going and he replies, "I'm going to Clavius," which is a lunar crater. Following that statement you have more than fifteen shots of Floyd's spacecraft approaching and landing on the moon, but one critic expressed confusion because she thought Floyd's destination was a planet named Clavius. Young people, on the other hand, who are more visually oriented due to their new television environment, had no such problems. Kids all know we went to the moon. When you ask how they know they say, "Because we saw it." "

Here is the entire interview. www.visual-memory.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've only just come across this article and wondered if it had been shared on ATS. I'm convinced of its validity. But as with all esoterica, it takes a truly open mind to see just how well the pieces fit together. If such theories didn't attract as much as opposition as is evidence in this thread, then such secret knowledge would not be secret and would not be reserved for 'initiates'. In short, of Kubrick had not hidden this knowledge in such an abstract fashion, he'd have endangered both himself and the wider concept of occult symbolism and cosmic truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I thought that the Shining was filmed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO not the Timberline at Mount Hood, Oregon??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Self Correction: after researching...The Stanley Hotel is where Stephen King stayed (Rm 217) and got the inspiration for the novel. And it was the site of The Shining miniseries but not for the Kubrick movie which used the exterior of the Timberline in Oregon as the OP states. Overall the story presents an interesting thesis and fits well with ATS subject matter.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The moon landing has been proving to be real... just putting that out there.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

I AM SO UNAWARE OF WHATS HAPPENING...WHERE HAVE I BEEN ? OH THATS RIGHT...I AM A UFO RESEARCHER TRYING TO SHOW PRESENCE OF ALIENS ON OR NEAR PLANET EARTH...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
this info about Kubrick showing Clues to his work on the apollo 11 expedition to fantasyland is extremely important...The film maker // Researcher Weidner has accomplished something quite profound and important. I dare say it is almost as profound as Kubrick figuring out the easiest way to aid people learning the truth...we all know kubrick was gonna be toast... once the feds behind doing the killing of any one that interferes with NASA or UFO Cover Up, started to get worried...EYES WIDE SHUT...I mean that says it pretty clearly...the whole world was lied to and spoofed by NASA and wow...hey remember those fake moon rocks over in that European Nation museum...yea, it was petrified wood pieces...smart NASA...but apparently Kubrick and now Weidner are smarter...I wonder how come there is no huge congressional investigations of NASA over this ? oh...I forgot. the Congress either doesnt care or doesnt know or....doesnt care to know....right ?? Right .

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

both links on the original post take me through to a page where I can but a DVD on Kubrick`s movies for USD 20.00. I won`t pretend I`m not cynical because I am. Always seems a shame how you have to pay to learn the truth others have discovered.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozartnot directing this reply to any one in this chat room but there is something afoot...we may be in the modern age of gadgets but crooks and killers dont get to escape with murder or threatening to kill people and their families...even if some of them worked for Moon Flight operations at NASA long ago...you know who you are, if you old foghorns are even still alive.. well apparently dead men do get to tell tales after all...thank you Mr KUBRICK for finding a way to tell us the truth ...here is my statement on this present criminal matter :

THIS INFO ABOUT KUBRICK LEAVING CLUES SO PEOPLE OF THE WORLD CAN LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT NASA COVER UPS AND LIES ABOUT MOON LANDINGS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER AND I FOR ONE AM TOTALLY CONVINCED OF THE TRUTH THAT RESEARCHER JAY WEIDNER HAS UNCOVERED VERY IMPORTANT FACTS. I DECLARE THIS TO BE A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION NOW INTO THE OPERATIONS OF NASA MANAGERS WHO WERE DIRECTLY IN COMMAND OF KUBRICK AND ANY MOON FILMS / PHOTOS. FOR MYSELF AND OTHERS I DEMAND SATISFACTION !!! THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO POO POO THESE NEW REVELATIONS OF KUBRICK TELLING US THE TRUTH BY LEAVING CLUES IN MOVIES AS THE SHINING SHOULD TREAD CAREFULLY SINCE YOU WILL BE ASSUMED TO BE AIDING THE CONTINUING CRIMINAL COVER UP OF THE TRUTH ABOUT FAKED MOON LANDING FILMS AND FALSE ASTRONAUT STILL PHOTOS ON THE MOON, - DERR UFO

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
BLOG : Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece, "The Shining"
Saturday, June 2007 What You May (or may not) Have Seen Hidden In The Shining
by website owner Johnny ( or Jonny)
I derrufo strongly suggest people review this man's amazing website and blog journey that tries to understand the clues in the movie that are pointing somewhere.. I left comments at end in comments section may 2011 portion of it about my own studies building on sonny's work and jay weidner's work... amazing stuff..

the title of my own work ?-- well just type this phrase above my own analysis and clue ideas :
bury the Liars and Killers of ( govt agency ) with the F ' n TRUTH

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i have seen the shining about 4 times,theres many subliminal narratives in it. I dont see the moon landing being fake theme.Maybe its there,stanley carries his themes across his movies.

If any movie makes a nod to this its 2001,the strange interactions between the charecters as they discuss the monolith makes it seem like its a false flag.

If you want an indepth look at stanelys work check out Rob agers website.He dosent get involved in conspiricy wholesale but his findings and analyisis of the movies lead you to believe stanley is showing us a hidden elite society that controls our lives,Its a great film analysis site.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

are you aware of the jack abusing his family and sexually abusing danny subliminal narrative in the movie?
theres many clues to come to this conclusion.The shining has many layers.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I agree with many comments here about this issue...I hope my own views are not too militant or obsessive that it interferes with the discussion, my comments I left at the jonny blog site are quite detailed ( left in the last week ). I am assuming some might be new leads to clues Kubrick left in the movie. I am modest enough to agree there can be many layers to what a brilliant film maker may do in a movie...My comments are meant to be taken as one example of the message MAYBE that Kubrick wanted to get out. I have assumed for sometime that the title of another movie -- EYES WIDE SHUT - was a disgusted Kubrick saying no one was realizing his clues that he aided in making amazingly good moon movies and still photos for NASA...he was perhaps very disgruntled to being forced to not get recognition for perhaps his greatest achievement ever ? the NASA moon movies ? Just the title was his message. I do not ever want to tell people they have to watch tons of movies to learn hidden secrets or messages...that would ruin what watching movies is all about.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
After watching a few tube vids on the so called shining/moon connection "The Shining" was
on tv last night and i have to admit for any conspiracy theorist it is an absolute mind blower!
There are so many clue's that could be interpreted as Kubrics attempt to disclose his part in
at least some part in the cover-up of the moon landing.

Whilst i believe we went to the moon, the camera footage that was shown and said to be Stanley's
work i just could not help but spot so many props and scripted parts that had so much double meaning
it is an interesting theory.
I have seen the movie so many times but after finding out more about the conspiracy behind the film
i found it so interesting.Things just pop out at you with your tin foil hat on.
One has to wonder.

mw

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
No there isn't any confession that I could see from the link provided. Just a lot of conjecture, and truth stretching. If I threw a pile of sticks on the floor, someone would find some symbology in them. That's all this is. Looking for something in nothing in order to validate a belief that can not effectively be proven.

Typical obfuscation and disinfo. Watch the film. Danny even wears and Apollo 11 shirt on him.

Kubrick's wife has been reported to be a fan of this film too.

Why do you think NASA helped Kubrick film "2001: A Space Odyssey"?

Check this out. It's very compelling.

Jay Weidner, producer of the Kubrick Odyssey films, explains in this interview with James Fetzer about the obvious evidence and signs in the moon photos and videos that the whole thing was filmed in a studio by Stanley Kubrick. He brings up some new evidence that I haven't heard before. He believes that we did go to the moon, but that the photos and videos from NASA are clearly faked without a doubt. Movie directors in 1974 had already known about this but were too scared to point it out.

Some of his key points that are new to me:

- Many of the photos clearly had second and third lighting sources, which means they were in a studio because they did not bring additional light sources on the moon. Propagandists falsely claim that the second light sources were reflections from the ground, but that's not true because the luminosity of the moon's surface is the same as asphalt, or cement highway roads, which has very little luminosity.
- You can see a line apparent in many moon photos separating the foreground and background, indicating a fake background. Jay explains how front screen projection works and explains why a glass screen in the background was necessary, which is why you see the line, with a totally different texture in the background. He went into detail about this in his "Kubrick's Odyssey" film but it's been pulled from YouTube because he prefers people buy it from him.
- The photos show the foreground and background in focus, which is optically impossible because any photographer knows that you can't bring both the foreground and background into focus at the same time, unless the background is fake and so is already is in focus.
- In low gravity, 1/6 of the Earth's, the astronauts should be moving FASTER, not 40 percent slower. Kubrick did this because he couldn't make them walk faster and make it look realistic at the same time.

He makes a lot of practical sense. This is all very easy to understand and you will slap yourself in the head for not realizing it sooner.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fanthorpe

Another thread with potential, successfully derailed!

Oh well.

Exactly... When I show up days later and have to read through this annoying immature crap, sometimes I wish I could.communicate into the past and tell the op to just ignore people like this. Anyone can find a point to argue if they try hard enough and look for the littlest thing to gripe about. But if your criticism is not constructive and your goal is to destroy the possibility for any chance of a positive and friendly discussion, that's when people need to stop paying attention to you.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The opening link in this thread is now a re-direct to sell a book - here's a better website with all the information mentioned: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its my personal belief that something fishy had been going on during the Apollo project....Too many people got lethal "accidents", too many questionable photographs and hardware design.

The first landings were during an administration with a president who did cheat and had low moral and ethic standards. Nixon would without reserve lie and manipulate the US population for personal gain and satisfaction.

The masonic rituals and freemason members attached to the Apollo project. And not to forget the NAZI factor.

And then there is Kubrick....I am still asking myself why this man has the appearance of telling a second, hidden story underneat the movies he directed:

- Did he do it to make people doubt certain official facts...just for the fun of it, to be original as an artist while in reality there is no alternative version.

- Or does his work look that way but did Kubrick never intensionally and consciously try to create that illusion..... these alleged hidden stories underneat are the figment of the imagination.

- Or is it all true, did Kubrick have a strong sense of justice. Did he suffer moral conflicts and did he need very much to clear his conscience of what he encountered during his contact with the "elite" of this world?

The latter does in my logic make the most sense....But if true it would raise many other questions...it would mean an uncertain voyage into a dark smelly rabbithole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join