It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bomb threat at Rose Garden NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
Eh, ok, nothing to worry about then. Every single suspicious package turns out to be someones backpack or fannypack they left behind.

Fanny-packs can be deadly, and in this post-911 world, a fanny-pack taped to a bathroom wall can be even more deadlier. It is important to realize how stupid fanny-packs are, yes, but it also important not to have a September 10th mindset. The soundtrack for Mariah Carey's Glitter isn't coming out tomorrow (that disaster already happened, as we continue to cope....). This fanny-pack could kill us all. The hours are getting smaller and smaller and more small by the day. This bomb/fanny-pack incident is the culmination of those small hours adding up.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by mkross1983
Eh, ok, nothing to worry about then. Every single suspicious package turns out to be someones backpack or fannypack they left behind.

yea.. but it was TAPED to the wall .. indicating deliberate attempt.. IMO ..

Yeah true, good point. idk then.

EDIT: Tell your wife to get the hell outta there if she can.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This might not be related, but in two days ago in Tacoma, they held a massive bomb drill at the mall in Puyallup. Maybe they were practicing for this bomb since Portland is about two hours away.
If TPTB did set it up, it might be another distraction. It seems odd that someone might want to blow up the rose garden, it's such a beautiful place, and there isn't that many tourists there.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by collietta]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Got a message on FB - turns out my cousin was there - she's stuck in the parking garage and can't get out... Fabulous

[edit on 9-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Has your wife given you any more info? Hopefully it is a false alarm.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Hopefully everyone will be alright and this will pass quick enough. I've got three twitter window open and keep refreshing waiting for the verdict on this. Doesn't usually take the bomb squad too long to report a dud or that something was safely destroyed just in case.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Not really worried - I would be more concerned about being stuck in parking garage - than the (possible) bomb - since the cops are on that... Traffic is going to be a nightmare over there...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If it turns out to be a dud or just an empty box etc.. it still give plenty of information to would be bombers. response time, level of panic, how quick it make the airwaves etc..

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
If it turns out to be a dud or just an empty box etc.. it still give plenty of information to would be bombers. response time, level of panic, how quick it make the airwaves etc..

That's a good point too, I guess I never really thought of that.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Apparently, the "package" was a pipe, taped to the wall.

Text from my cousin stating they are now letting people leave the parking garage... so all seems to be well, at least at that end...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

she on her way to her friends house.. appreacs to be a real incindent.. see my post above..

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

she on her way to her friends house.. appreacs to be a real incindent.. see my post above..

that's good to hear.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Text from my cousin stating they are now letting people leave the parking garage... so all seems to be well, at least at that end...

A pipe !!!

that is very disconcerting.. I was thinking maybe a package..

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

A pipe !!!

that is very disconcerting.. I was thinking maybe a package..

Ya, here from kgw.com

A bomb squad was called in to investigate a suspicious device at the Rose Garden Friday night around 6. There was a Women of Faith event scheduled for Friday night at the Rose Garden, but the event has now been postponed until Saturday morning at 8.

Portland Police were called because of a pipe taped to a wall in a restroom. As is protocol, the Explosive Disposal Unit was called to investigate.

This is an on-going situation with details still coming in.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Originally posted by Muundoggie

I mean what are they going to do blow up 7000 roses and make a nice smell?

Are you really this lame, Elf?
The Rose Garden is an Arena /Coliseum that the TrailBlazers play at and also hosts other events like concerts etc.

Excuse me?

Only dogs and horses go Lame not elves

So just to train the dog:

Portland's Rose Garden

The oldest public garden of its kind in the United States!

Portland's Rose Gardens are world renown for housing a diverse and expansive collection of rare, unique and beautiful roses.

Store Address

850 SW Rose Garden Way

Portland, OR 97205

The Rose Garden Portland

So I am afraid you really should know your area, we are both right, and the OP stated

The Rose Garden

in portland, to add.... they never specified or mentioned stadium....

I am just glad though no one was hurt and it was a hoax.

Elf

[edit on 10-10-2009 by MischeviousElf]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join