It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to stereotype 99% of all Americans in this thread... Please join me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but this speaks to me of someone who only thinks on a superficial level.

Yes, I want comfort, but I have given up a lot of comfort, as I suspect have others, to be free to make my own decisions and live a life that allows me to learn and make my own decisions.

Popular? Status?, Not something I believe many strive for though.

Now if you had said acceptance...I might have agreed with you.

And what about Love? This is something I think are much higher on most peoples agenda and even with that, at lest for me, I let my true self be known not to lead anyone astray and not get caught up in something superficial.

Popular and status are way off the mark, but I can see you are thinking.

Again...just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Huh... big surprise... I'm different.

lol I think... in most cases you're preaching to the choir here. I like comfort. I like sewers and septic tanks and flushing toilets. As a girl of the South... I LOVE air conditioning! I don't know how people lived here before we got it!

So... comfort? Yeah. I love our modern conveniences.

Poopularity (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.) HECK no! I march to the beat of my own drum. I have friends (and a hubby) but they're just as weird as I am! lol

I do NOT conform. I am NOT a sheep and I HATE the sheep. Those mindless people that are GIVEN already filled in ballots and then go to the voting booth and do whatever their Pastor/Professor/Boss/insert influential position here/ says are FOOLS and should have their voting rights revoked!

Every-time an election come up, I get a paper, read about the canidates, mark a test ballot provided with MY choices and go vote. I'm an independent and have only voted straight ticket once... when I was mad at a certain party that is in complete control now less than a year ago...

I take my right to voting seriously. You know what I looked forward to as a girl? Not drinking, not dating/sex, but voting!

How weird was I lol!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
Those mindless people that are GIVEN already filled in ballots and then go to the voting booth and do whatever their Pastor/Professor/Boss/insert influential position here/ says are FOOLS and should have their voting rights revoked!

Every-time an election come up, I get a paper, read about the canidates, mark a test ballot provided with MY choices and go vote. I'm an independent and have only voted straight ticket once... when I was mad at a certain party that is in complete control now less than a year ago...

in 2010 do you really think voting will change anything?

if it did... voting would be illegal.

In the past voting did occasionally work for the betterment of "We the People"... so they just took that guy for a little Friday Stroll in Downtown Dallas near a Book Depository Building. (or should I say Grassy knoll).

Voting... no longer works.

Sorry, Democracy has finally died in my eyes. It died when JFK was killed and real perps got away with it.

They didn't want that guy's views to gain popularity.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Well, I'm off to discuss the disposition of the beast (my rendering computer) in a minute... as for popular? I only want to be popular with ONE person, someone who thinks I am the only guy on earth. I don't need to be famous. Honestly, I don't really want money- it's a tool. Too bad I am light in the tool dept. Otherwise, a) certain worries wouldn't plague me. b) Computer? Ha! I could have a sucker that is a supercomputer in it's own right! (look up a Tesla computing card for yummy, juicy specs) I cant have a wife, or even a g/f- but I'll take 'computer hardware' for 500, Alex.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I don't fit your stereotype, in fact I cant say I know anyone who does...

Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact I'm Native American... Maybe it's because I'm a retired Marine... Maybe it's because I'm a parent... Maybe its because I'm just not that shallow and self-centered...

In all truth I find your statement offensive....

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Right off hand I'd say you need to get out more...

99% of all Americans? Not even remotely close. Somewhat apathetic sure, especially where politics are concerned. But most are just trying to get by, feed their kids, keep a roof over their heads, and assorted other important stuff like that. I know that's totally contrary to what commercial TV would have us believe...but hey, reality is like that.

Status? Popularity? Stuff and nonsense.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sounds like you just stereotyped 99% of the world. Those two needs are some of the basic wants of all people, no matter how oppressed or regressed they are.

<< 1   >>

join