It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over Hydra (Greece) - Large Photos for analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well it looks like the Greeks on the island of Hydra had to interrupt the Gyros and Feta to pick up cameras to witness the latest U.S. Black Projects(kidding!).

Ufo Fleet over Greek Isle of Hydra in the Aegean Sea 27th September 2009 A strange fleet of glowing cloud-like UFOs were seen on Sunday 27th September 2009 by many tourists and locals on the Greek Isle of Hydra in the Aegean Sea. The UFO fleet was observed silently floating across the sky until it disappeared from view. RealUfos would like to know if you were there and have any further photos of the ufos. If so please respond to this post .

Source

Major UFO event in last week Michael Cohen [email protected] A strange fleet of glowing cloud-like UFOs were seen on Sunday by many tourists and locals on the Greek Isle of Hydra in the Aegean Sea. The alleged UFO fleet was observed silently floating across the sky until it disappeared from view. A number of tourists enjoying seaside lunch, conveniently with cameras in hand, managed to get photos (As seen below). Greek UFO enthusiasts are now debating whether these were indeed extraterrestrial spaceships, unusual cloud formations or some other natural phenomena. UFO events occur very often in . Just last year in October an event involving a UFO that was reported by an airline pilot as well as seen by both the military and airport tower staff made international news. In this case jets were scrambled to chase the craft and the authorities attempted to subsequently hush the event up (see more about that event here). Some Greek UFO researchers link alien craft to the ancient Hellenic accounts of the Gods.

Source

Cheers,

Erik

Edit to add: Click on the first "Source" listing for large versions of the embedded photos on this OP. Thanks!

[edit on 22/OctpmFri, 09 Oct 2009 19:24:49 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In that last photo (the large version) we can see some small white clouds, could it be that these UFOs were also clouds?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All of them are fake. They were done in Photoshop with 1 simple tool.

This is another example of Michael Cohen (a known fraud) supporting another hoax to get people to his website (not the first time).

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
In that last photo (the large version) we can see some small white clouds, could it be that these UFOs were also clouds?

I'm not sure about the "clouds" idea although I would not disclude that analysis. On the source page, someone did remark how they thought this might have been reflections on window glass. Seeing as how I have no information as to where the photog was actually standing for said captures, I cannot refute this explanation either as the individual may very well have been standing indoors looking out. Hard to say, really.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
All of them are fake. They were done in Photoshop with 1 simple tool.

This is another example of Michael Cohen (a known fraud) supporting another hoax to get people to his website (not the first time).

Pathetic.

I'm not familiar with this Michael Cohen individual. Could you elaborate on him a bit at the risk of being slightly off topic so as to point out his possible legitimacy issues. I would hate to be posting hoaxes even in ignorance. I appreciate any truthful info you can furnish on this fellow. Sources and leads if you can, please.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I posted a thread a while back about a storm chaser video....those objects look like the ones in the video....
My thread is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video has moved to this URL
www.oklahomaexpeditions.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I was thinking more like down lights in a ceiling reflecting on the window.

Similar to this sighting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Huh. That does look very similar to the Greek Phenomenon. Thanks for posting that!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
altocumulus standing lenticular
-almond shaped clouds also called "motherships"

they are caused in stable atmospheres when higher winds are perpendicular to mountains. sometimes they are small like the ones in those pics, and othertimes when the mountians are steep and the winds are more elevated they can be seen extending thousands of feet up.

truly beautiful clouds.

here is one that looks like it could very well be a ufo... but its a cloud.

nothing more to see here folks....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Just do an ATS search for Michael Cohen. Not only has he posted numerous HOAX UFO's that are in ATS' HOAX forum now, but he also got caught a while ago using multiple accounts to link spam his website URL on ATS in order to drive traffic to his website and get Google Adsense revenue, and also a higher Google page rank. His website URL was banned from ATS and removed from all posts, but recently someone removed that ban.

On top of that, he claims to be a "legendary psychic" and has failed multiple times to predict multiple "UFO disclosures" and other events on specific dates that have come and gone. Also as a "legendary psychic" you would think he would be able to tell a real UFO from a HOAX UFO, but he failed there too.

It has come to the point where any time his name is mentioned, you have to question the authenticity of the material he is covering, even if it seems to be from another source.

-Back on topic-

After a very close inspection of the images, the "UFO's all seem to be created using a Photoshop tool called the "dodge" tool. These can be done in just a few clicks.

The EXIF data also shows it has been through multiple editing programs. Most likely just to add the blue circles, but you never know what else they did.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Huh. That does look very similar to the Greek Phenomenon. Thanks for posting that!

Cheers,

Erik

Yes, there seems to be a lot of these elongated egg shaped glowing objects around.

The one I posted the link to was estimated to be travelling at 9,000 miles per hour (minimum) at between 1,000 and 1,500 feet above the ground by scientists who analyzed the video tape. This was shot way back in 1997 but never went public until more recently. I'm not sure if the original footage was SVHS, Beta, DV or mini DV.

That video is still the most convincing I have seen to date. I'm glad you like it.....

I liked it even if just for the storm watching parts...LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
altocumulus standing lenticular
-almond shaped clouds also called "motherships"

they are caused in stable atmospheres when higher winds are perpendicular to mountains. sometimes they are small like the ones in those pics, and othertimes when the mountians are steep and the winds are more elevated they can be seen extending thousands of feet up.

truly beautiful clouds.

here is one that looks like it could very well be a ufo... but its a cloud.

nothing more to see here folks....

...except that the three anomalous discs captured in the photo appear to be moving in equidistant and synchronous formation while retaining relative size and shape in what looks to be a relatively short amount of time.

Lenticular clouds do this? Can you post some more photo cloud lenticulation that looks a bit more like the Hydra photos so as to have a better comparison analysis shot/s? I would appreciate that with all due respect. I just want to be sure. What you have posted still makes comparison pretty subjective and we need something a little more accurate in the objective category so as to not be misconstrued in any way. Thanks!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes! Nice post and thank you again. I just added to my "E-files" folder for reference. Appreciate it, John!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I made this using the "Dodge Tool" in Paint Shop Pro. The blue circle is the original "UFO", and the red circle is the Dodge tool at multiple levels of transparency.

It literally took me 10 seconds to recreate this UFO.

I know this isn't proof of anything, but to me it is more easy to believe this is a computer generated hoax than it is to believe it is some type of craft.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To add the the Cohen story, he recently made a claim that Chinese Scientists filmed a UFO for 40 Minutes, passing the information off around the World to different news outlets.

One of the Chinese Scientists was forced to come forward after a lot of media interest, and has gone on record as saying, this story was false, they never made such a claim, and the true story was they filmed something strange during the recent Luna Eclipse in China, the Scientist pointed out that what they was an Astronomical event , and never ever made a claim of it being a UFO, the UFO claim was all of Mr Cohen's work.

I apologise I didn't mean to drop the topic, it has to be said, he likes to take the work of others, and change them into extravagant claims of his own investigation, meaning he hints all the leg work and investigation is all of his doing, and no credit going anywhere.

I f these pictures are from him, then I don't think it can be taken as hard evidence until further evidence comes forward, it's really sad, we try hard enough as it is without it being made harder by those trying to make a name for their own selfish reasons.

Thank you for the link OP, I will add it to my keeping an eye out list, in case other pictures do come forward, it is all relevant.

Deff worth a s&f

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

This thread should help out:

Michael and I are good friends

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sure

first let me explain the mechanics of the phenomenon.

a stable atmosphere is one that warms with height or cools at a rate at or below the adiabatic lapse rate. what that means is that the air on the ground is cooler and relatively more dense than the air above it and thus you get no vertical motion and clear cloud free skies

when this atmosphere is present over a mountain range, and you have winds that are strong blowing perpendicualr across the mountains, it causes waves and eddies in the atmospere because all that air is forced over the mountain, even though it is more dense.

now these waves are not stationary, as you see in the image above, it is not uncommon to have several series of these waves at and just downstream (lee side) of the mountains. these waves propogate through the atmosphere with the winds and will do so with an even and synchronus movement and slowly dissipate as more waves form at the mountain peaks, like waves rolling onto a beach.

these are just a few, going through google.

enjoy

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I made this using the "Dodge Tool" in Paint Shop Pro. The blue circle is the original "UFO", and the red circle is the Dodge tool at multiple levels of transparency.

I literally took me 10 seconds to recreate this UFO.

I know this isn't proof of anything, but to me it is more easy to believe this is a computer generated hoax than it is to believe it is some type of craft.

I thank you for that little demonstration of quick software application derring do. However, I have to say that because you can recreate the image with your software, with all due respect, this does not mean that the image being recreated is not authentic.

Is there not some way to look at the photos for pixel symmetry or something to that effect to show if the objects in question have been added gratuitously to a preexistent photo/s?

Thanks again for showing me the comparison and yes it does look spot on to my untrained eye. I just don't think recreation = debunk. I think a little more science is needed.

Anything more on Mr. Cohen?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Thank you so much for the more thorough examination of cloud lenticulation. I have learned a lot! However, I must be stubborn I guess, as the examples of the phenomenon you have presented, although in theory could very well produce the images in the OP, upon a closer examination of the photos you have provided and some searching of my own of Lenticular Clouds, I have not quite found any that come close to matching the look of the fuzzy eggs in the Hydra UFO photos. I do apologize and I will keep looking for more cloud formation pics to see if I can corraborate your presentation. Most kind of you for your time and patience in this regard. I still do not know what these things are.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

This thread should help out:

Michael and I are good friends

Thanks CW for the heads up on this guy! I had no idea. Lucky for me, this story is posted on more than one, nay two news services so in the future I can avoid using Mr. Cohen's site as a source point. Most kind of you to go thru the trouble of lining me out. I am most ignorant on some of these things. Human you know?

Cheers and thanks again,

Erik

top topics

<<   2 >>

join