It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Getting the Vaccine - Tonight.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychederic
reply to post by pluckynoonez

The fact is the h1N1 flu, is not dangerous, And not more than an other flu.
The fact is the vaccin (may be) not dangerous. ( but will cause approximately twice more death and a lot more "Guillain-Barré syndrome" or even other animal virus transmit to humanity ).

And ?

What for ?

When people think about this , they don't think about what is more important, - and may become dangerous.

I disagree.

The GB claims are based upon an injected, preservative laden vaccine in 1976 that was a total disaster.

It is certainly possible that the 'injected' vaccine may have these problems, but I want to make clear that the intranasal version does not contain the problematic preservatives that are causing all the distress.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

It is certainly possible that the 'injected' vaccine may have these problems, but I want to make clear that the intranasal version does not contain the problematic preservatives that are causing all the distress.

And - will the next step be taking the injected vaccine that DOES have the problematic preservatives that are causing the distress?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I am glad that you are doing fine. I hope you continue to do well.

For me the concern is more about the longterm effects than the short term stuff that happens in a few days. The build up of mercury and aluminum in the body has been linked to some pretty nasty stuff.

My wife also refused the vaccine. She was worried about the health of our unborn child. Exposing a fetus to mercury, aluminum and orther toxic substances didn't seem wise.

I hope for the sake of you and your family everything is uneventful.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just an FYI...

A Tamiflu-resistant strain of H1N1 has been inn Japan & they *may* have the first human to human transmission of that strain.

Source

TOKYO (Reuters) - A genetic mutation of H1N1 swine flu that is resistant to the antiviral drug Tamiflu has been detected in a Japanese teenager who had not previously been treated with the drug, a Japanese health official said.

The case could mark Japan's first instance of person-to-person transmission of a Tamiflu-resistant strain of the H1N1 flu but Health Ministry official Takeshi Enami said there was still insufficient evidence to confirm that.

So this flu IS mutating, it is already becoming resistant to recommended treatments.

From wave 1 to wave 2 we see mutation, this means that any vaccine may or may not be effective, since we do not know which strain we may encounter.

The US has stopped counting cases, and has pretty much stopped viral testing except in some extreme fatal cases. The rapid test to confirm H1N1 is still available, but as far as the laboratory breakdown of the strain to all of it's components, that is not being done this year as it was last year.

I hope the vaccine works out well for you, as for me & my family, we will pass.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Good morning world!

Well, it's T+14 hrs. No symptoms, no fatigue, no aches.

Still watching.

To those who want me to die I am saddened. I have a loving wife and two small children aged 5 and 3 that we adopted from the foster care system from abused and neglected homes.

I'm sure I was a bit harsh if I might be referred to by that, so aplogies if you took it that way. The reality is that it's like watching those videos where Bobby says "Hey, Billy! Watch this!"

At that point there's no stopping it anyway and you're wincing the whole time. Bobby might make it or he might not and hopefully nothing worse happens than some mildly bruised huevos.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychederic
reply to post by pluckynoonez

The fact is the h1N1 flu, is not dangerous, And not more than an other flu.
The fact is the vaccin (may be) not dangerous. ( but will cause approximately twice more death and a lot more "Guillain-Barré syndrome" or even other animal virus transmit to humanity ).

And ?

What for ?

When people think about this , they don't think about what is more important, - and may become dangerous.

I disagree.

The GB claims are based upon an injected, preservative laden vaccine in 1976 that was a total disaster.

You may disagree, but the facts are the facts. The swine flu has 1/10 of the potency of the regular flu.

Who told you the new vaccine doesn't have any poisonous ingredients? Why would the drug manufacturers be given full immunity? If the vaccine was truly safe, this wouldn't be an issue. By you taking the vaccine, you can now pass the virus on to others.

Again, 1,000 deaths worldwide from the swine flu and 33,000 deaths in the USA alone from the regular flu. Where was the WHO level 6 then?

Do your rasearch. If you want to be a lab rat and be tested, just like the thousands of parents who put their children through this, so be it. The phrase "empty vessels" comes to mind.

I do hope nothing happens to you now, or in the future.

Exo

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Exopolitico]

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Just to repeat -- there is no mercury, thimerosol or aluminum in the intranasal version.

Just wanted to clarify.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just as a general service -

Here is the FAQ for the Intranasal vaccine

Intranasal FAQ

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
well give it another 14 and we will see if you drop dead

no but seriously you love the risk! admit it

I must admit that im in no way as brave as you.

I salute you Sir!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

When it comes to vaccinations, you have to weigh the risks of the vaccine against the risks of the disease.

The risk of the poster having a reaction to the vaccines is much lower, compared to the risk of having diabetes and getting the flu. Which could be a big problem for the poster.

It is easy to tout not getting the vaccine when your healthy.

In a case where someone is compromised, I would actually recommend getting the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There's a lot of media hype about the h1n1 vaccine. A collegue recently took the vaccine & ended up in ICU. IT ended up affecting his brain. It seems too much of a coincidence that this happened after receiving vaccine. Forget getting vaccinated if you want to remain in good health. Another concern I have is the inhaled vaccine in the news. H1n1 causes respiritory infections so if the vaccine is inhaled I'm convinced it will infect the population by placing it in the lungs.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitico

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the terms 'potency' and 'pandemic'.

A Level 6 pandemic does not necessarily mean that a certain virus is more 'potent' or infects more people.

A pandemic is a large-scale geographic spread of a disease. It does not matter what the virulence, potency or 'nastiness' of the disease.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic because the disease is not infectious or contagious.

Let me contrast the 'Spanish Flu' epidemic of 1918-1919.

Spanish Flu is also an H1N1 flu, of the same type as the 'swine flu'.

There were no vaccines available at that time. Over 1/3 of the world's population was eventually infected (>500,000,000 people. that's half a billion).

Over 50 million people DIED from the H1N1 flu.

Now compare that to today's pandemic. With the advent of santitation, medical technology and vaccines the global impact of H1N1 is negligible.

There have been only a few thousand deaths.

Also -- with regard to those 33,000 people that die each year in the US from H5N1 flu -- if those 33,000 people had gotten a flu shot in a timely manner (and converted - about 96% convert) then they would NOT HAVE DIED because of the flu.

Granted a lot have concomitant illnesses, and many are elderly. The simple scientific fact remains. You cannot get the flu if you are vaccinated and your immune system converts.

Therefore you can't die from the virus you are immune to!

There have still been no documented reports of a single flu-caused death in anyone successfully vaccinated with the H1N1 vaccine.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by acasillas73
There's a lot of media hype about the h1n1 vaccine. A collegue recently took the vaccine & ended up in ICU. IT ended up affecting his brain. It seems too much of a coincidence that this happened after receiving vaccine. Forget getting vaccinated if you want to remain in good health. Another concern I have is the inhaled vaccine in the news. H1n1 causes respiritory infections so if the vaccine is inhaled I'm convinced it will infect the population by placing it in the lungs.

Proximity does not equal causation.

You will need to provide proof or evidence to be taken seriously.

When/where did he receive the H1N1 vaccine?

What pre-existing medical conditions did he have?

What was his diagnosis?

Your conclusion that the inhaled vaccine will produce a respiratory infection is incorrect. The vaccine consists of 'inactivated' virus material.

It is scientifically, medically and biologically impossible to contract the H1N1 flu from the vaccine. The flu is caused by a live, active virus.

If you are going to make unsubstantiated claims based on personal experience and hearsay, then please provide details.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
well give it another 14 and we will see if you drop dead

no but seriously you love the risk! admit it

I must admit that im in no way as brave as you.

I salute you Sir!

No bravery here.

In fact I would say it's the complete opposite. I was simply worried about getting the flu.

If I get the vaccine, based on the clinical trials, there is a 1 in 1,000 chance of having mild aches and pains, and headache.

If I get the H1N1 flu I have a 100% chance of lying in bed with a fever, aches, and general unpleasantness for 7 days or more.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Maybe they'll give you a special one, not the one they reserve for the Mexicans and blacks.

If you're from Wyoming they'll let you live... or Sweden.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is a link to a CDC study of the 1976 Swine Flu vaccination program:

Reflections on the 1976 swine flu

Over 40 million people in the US received 'swine flu' vaccinations in 1976.

Approximately 50 GBS cases that were 'temporally related' to other events were reported.

In other words, only 1 person out of 100,000 contracted GBS after vaccination.

Even this miniscule amount was enough to stop the program, though.

I would not wish GBS on anyone, and I hope there are no GBS-related events with this vaccine.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Greetings ATS,

My hospital recently received the first 400 doses of Novel H1N1 Type A vaccine in our community. As healthcare workers we are the first to be offered the vaccine.

This is the intranasal version without preservatives, so hold your horses on the thimerosol crap.

ATS is about DENYING IGNORANCE.

A lot of folks have been showing their ignorance, dreaming up fanciful conspiracies about H1N1 vaccine, the NWO, the WWE and the antichrist.

Well folks, I'm here to tell you - It's ignorance of the highest magnitude.

So, I offer a smackdown challenge.

I will chronicle my swine flu vaccine experience in the name of denying ignorance, and ignoring denial. I predict that I will not get the flu, nor GB syndrome, nor mercury poisoning, but if I do then you all will have the good (and ironic) fortune of witnessing the awesome destructive power of the megalomaniacal big-pharma.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

PS - Why am I doing this you ask? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET THE DAMNED FLU FROM DIRTY PATIENTS WHO REFUSED TO GET THE VACCINE, and I don't want to bring that crap home to my kids.

Game on

Amazed to see this thread, thankyou for posting your intentions, i will look forward to reading your future posts with regard to your health.

A star & flag for you!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't be worried about the Intranasal vaccine!

Whats making me worried is the injected intramuscular vaccin with the adjuvant SQUALENE!!

And that is the vaccine that MOST people around the world will be injected with,

So even if you are privileged enough to have access to the Intranasal vaccine, that is not the case for most people on the Globe.

And therefore is your discussion about the Intranasal vaccine useless for the world citizens, until the mass vaccinations of the injected vaccine with squalene will show if there are any dangers or not!

Best Regards!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by MikeNice81

Just to repeat -- there is no mercury, thimerosol or aluminum in the intranasal version.

Just wanted to clarify.

That is great, but since my wife is pregnant, it was a no go for her. The CDC says "LAIV is recommended for use in healthy* people 2 years to 49 years of age who are not pregnant." She also had to refrain because she has diabetes.

I can not get it because there is a chance that I could pass the virus to her. With her being a pregnant diabetic the chances are actually higher than listed. Plus according to the CDC website you listed the chances of it actually stopping the virus are 19% - 24% in adults or roughly a one in five chance. Not exactly great odds.

Another side note. . .

About three-quarters of the children who died from swine flu had underlying conditions, such as asthma, chronic lung disease and, especially, muscular dystrophy and cystic fibrosis. Many of the deaths resulted from bacterial infections after victims' immune systems were weakened by the virus.

From the CDC: "People with a medical condition that places them at higher risk for complications from influenza, including those with chronic heart or lung disease, such as asthma or reactive airways disease; people with medical conditions such as diabetes or kidney failure; or people with illnesses that weaken the immune system, or who take medications that can weaken the immune system;" should not get the nasal vaccine.

As stated previously, in this thread and/or others, most of the deaths associated with H1N1 are in people with underlying health issues. In many cases the same diseases that warrant not getting the vaccine because of risk.

I'm glad you took the vaccine if it helps you. My point is that a lot of people can not or should not get the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The primary reason we are taking this vaccine is precisely so we DON'T spread the virus.

Being a paramedic I am exposed to LOTS of people in the community with weakened immune systems.

"First Do No Harm" is our solemn oath.

You should re-think your so called primary reason friend. You have admitted to willfully taking nasal spray vaccine (FluMist), as well as admitting to knowing that it is a LAIV vaccine (Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine).

So please don't go around professing that you are doing it, at least in part, for the betterment of man kind or because you took an oath to "First Do No Harm" because sadly you are now a potential Typhoid Mary, the possible fact remains that you are now Death to anyone you "help", for at least the next 21 day.

I have a crappy immune system.

...this admission, compiled with how you are now infected with the LAIV vaccine and that you are a Paramedic who deals constantly with a multitude of sick & injured people, makes it exponentially more probable that you may very well shed your infection to the immunosuppressed public you suppose to be helping.... if you truly care about helping & your oath, you should now take a month off.

CDC
Person-to-Person Transmission of Vaccine Viruses

"Because LAIV contains live influenza viruses, a potential exists for transmission of these viruses from vaccinees to other persons. Vaccinated immunocompetent children can shed vaccine viruses for 1 virus strain, with a mean of 7.6 days duration (17). One influenza type B isolate was recovered from a placebo recipient and was confirmed to be vaccine-type virus. The estimated probability of acquiring vaccine virus after close contact with a single LAIV recipient was 0.58%--2.4%. The type B isolate retained the cold-adapted, temperature-sensitive, attenuated phenotype, and it possessed the same genetic sequence as a virus shed from a vaccine recipient in the same children's play group."

"use of inactivated influenza vaccine is preferred for vaccinating household members, health-care workers, and others who have close contact with immunosuppressed persons because of the theoretical risk that a live, attenuated vaccine virus could be transmitted to the immunosuppressed person and cause disease"
(www.cdc.gov...)

Not that the following is any type of so called "official" site but there is a decent read about this subject at Rense.com, if you are interested.
www.rense.com...

Here is the FluMist package insert, it may help you feel better that you have at least a chance not to shed the live virus to others, just to be fair and help you sleep... just in case an infant or child gets sick or becomes paralyzed from your "helping".
www.medimmune.com...

[edit on 10-10-2009 by kneverr]

[edit on 10-10-2009 by kneverr]

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join