It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Getting the Vaccine - Tonight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

My hospital recently received the first 400 doses of Novel H1N1 Type A vaccine in our community. As healthcare workers we are the first to be offered the vaccine.

This is the intranasal version without preservatives, so hold your horses on the thimerosol crap.

ATS is about DENYING IGNORANCE.

A lot of folks have been showing their ignorance, dreaming up fanciful conspiracies about H1N1 vaccine, the NWO, the WWE and the antichrist.

Well folks, I'm here to tell you - It's ignorance of the highest magnitude.

So, I offer a smackdown challenge.

I will chronicle my swine flu vaccine experience in the name of denying ignorance, and ignoring denial. I predict that I will not get the flu, nor GB syndrome, nor mercury poisoning, but if I do then you all will have the good (and ironic) fortune of witnessing the awesome destructive power of the megalomaniacal big-pharma.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

PS - Why am I doing this you ask? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET THE DAMNED FLU FROM DIRTY PATIENTS WHO REFUSED TO GET THE VACCINE, and I don't want to bring that crap home to my kids.

Game on

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

"A lot of folks have been showing their ignorance, dreaming up fanciful conspiracies about H1N1 vaccine, the NWO, the WWE and the antichrist."

So has my cat, but I am not going to admonish him in a public forum. Take the shot, rub your arm, get some ice cream afterward. I don't think anyone here really cares. I will take my chances with the swine flu, which is what I will have to do, anyway, even if I did get the vaccine. So, congratulations to you, you are pumping a bunch of crap into your bloodstream...as Tim and Eric from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! would say, "great job!"

[edit on 9-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Kudos, my friend.

I too will take the vaccine as soon as I can. Although I am skeptic about it.

KJ

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello. I am sure that this vaccine scare is out of any proportions - but a stupid question: were you vaccinated last year too for seasonal flu? And if not - why you think you have to do it now??

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Okay. Take the vaccine. It's your choice. But we still have the decision to skip it. You may not going to learn now what are the vaccine's side effects at all. Maybe it's not going to appear now. Maybe it's going to appear 10 years later. Or in your children. What you not consider at all, the H1N1 flu's second wave is not appeared until the vaccines were not distributed. As it's been distributed, the second wave of H1N1 has arrived. Strange coincidence.

Well, anyway. Good luck for your shot. You'll need it.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Does this look like a dream.

Here's some facts about what you will be putting into your body.
Certainly not dream material.
above top secret

all dreamed up huh!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

First of all - I just want to say I always love reading your posts. :-)

Secondly, no needle. They are gonna jam a plastic syringe up my nose and squirt supposedly live virus material into my nares.

(thirdly... I hope I'm right and Alex Jones is wrong!)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have no intention of trying to talk you out of it because the tone of your post tells me that you would firstly bite my head off and secondly you won't be talked out of taking the vaccine anyway.

However I must say to you that did read somewhere that the nasal version of the vaccine could be dangerous as it happens to contain live H1N1 virus, whereas the the needle shot contains antibodies (among other things).

Best of luck and I hope I am talking rubbish and that you will be OK.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Good Luck & Godspeed. My Immune system is healthy, so I'll take my chances.
But seriously , I hope It's all BS and you end up fine.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Hello. I am sure that this vaccine scare is out of any proportions - but a stupid question: were you vaccinated last year too for seasonal flu? And if not - why you think you have to do it now??

I usually get a flu shot but I have a crappy immune system.

The flu shot from last year inoculates against the H5N1 Influenzae variant and is ineffective against swine flu.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why do you people type in all caps when making an emphasis.

Let me tell you something..You are not getting the vaccine because sick patients, you are getting the vaccine because you're mandated to because you work in the health industry.

This goes back to what we were talking about earlier. A paid blogger.

Game on? Game on for taking poison? WOW. I give you the idiocracy award of the day.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Last week I got the H1N1 vaccine in my left arm and the Pneumovax second fively yearly shot in my right arm.

I have had a yearly flu shot for the past 12 years. Whatever, I got them and that's that, you all can do what ya want. I am middle aged anyway with chronic respiratory condition so if I die I die. Haven't had any side effects from any darn vaccine yet and as I said if I do I do, my choice.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Not at all... I was trying to come off as sarcastic but not mean.

I believe the intranasal vaccine does contain live virus material. My wife is a nurse and is not able to get flu shots because she is highly allergic to the sulfite preservatives.

When she got hers today she cross-checked again and there are no preservatives in the nasal variant.

-- Just to feed the conspiracy... What if the NWO is doing the OPPOSITE of what we think? What if the Georgia Guidestones were real and the NWO released the virus to pare down the earth's population? (I don't believe this for a second but I thought it was entertaining).

If you could only save 1/12th of the world's population, who would you save? (if you were TPTB that is).

Soldiers, lawmakers, healthcare workers, firefighters, law enforcement? creepy!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredMcWoozy
Why do you people type in all caps when making an emphasis.

Let me tell you something..You are not getting the vaccine because sick patients, you are getting the vaccine because you're mandated to because you work in the health industry.

This goes back to what we were talking about earlier. A paid blogger.

Game on? Game on for taking poison? WOW. I give you the idiocracy award of the day.

I'm not mandated to get it. That was the People's Republic of New York.

I'm choosing to get it.

I wanted to get a little 666 handstamp to give out but my boss wouldn't let me. It IS a Catholic hospital after all.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just to clarify -- I want to be humorous and informative with this experience.

I am approaching it in a lighthearted manner, and I hope it alleviates anxiety for other people.

I am still not ready to give this vaccine to my children until further research has happened.

Besides -- I am hoping this will be the 'Smoking Gun' to prove Alex Jones is either the Antichrist or a Disinfo NWO Tool.

:-)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Well, Godspeed then. I am sure we will be mourning the lost of your fingers once they turn into Jello from the swine flu vaccine. I am sure you can get someone to type for you, the anti-Christ should have a personal assistant for everyone after October 25th. Drink plenty of fluids, enough to wash out the swine flu vaccine would be ideal. Just sayin'.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Good luck. As a healthcare worker, you have understood all the sides/repercussions.

You "chose" to get the vaccine (although being mandated by your employer is hardly a choice) and if you are in the rare category that didn't have it mandated, then good luck.

As a neurobiologist and having a wife who is also an RN, we have chosen differently.

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Yeah, i know that it is different strain once in a while. I was just wandering if you decided to take this one due to swine flu factor, but skipped all the other yearly ones before that. So if one feels the need to get vaccine yearly due to chronic problems or problematic immune system - it is perfectly logical get one this season too. But if someone never got any flu vaccine - this is also perfectly logical for him not to get one now. Hope you agree.
Anyway - i am sure that it will be totally safe. However i feel that some companies are making money on general public by using recent hype and scare. And since there still are (very very very rare) side effects to any vaccine i see no moral or medical justification to push vaccine down all the potential "dirty patients"
throats.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JackWestJr

I have had a yearly flu shot for the past 12 years. Whatever, I got them and that's that, you all can do what ya want. I am middle aged anyway with chronic respiratory condition so if I die I die. Haven't had any side effects from any darn vaccine yet and as I said if I do I do, my choice.

With an emphasis on CHOICE.

If you please

op

I'm choosing to get it.

Well what ever blows your dress up! seriously though GL. To be perfectly honest I'll be pulling for you.
I mean you can't be thinking I would rather have it be as I suspect.
I want to be as wrong as the day is long.
If i could see that I would.
Well I am from the show me state so show me.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The spray contains no Adjuvants (none of the US vaccines do), the spray also contains NO mercury (preservative).

My concern with the spray is that it is a live virus, and if you have a weakend immune system, there is a chance you could get the flu from it.

There is also about 7 days after receiving a live virus vaccine that you can possibly infect other people with weakened immune systems.

The shots are a 'dead' virus (inactivated as viruses are techniquley not 'alive'), and the multi-dose vials contain 24-25mcg of mercury per dose.

The single use (pre-filled) injections contain either none or less than 1mcg of mercury depending on the manufacturer.

edit spelling

[edit on 10/9/2009 by toepick]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join