It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two die at US spiritual retreat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Two people have died and 19 others were taken to hospital after being overcome while in a sauna-like room at a spiritual retreat in Arizona.

The resort offers a wide range of treatments from massage to colon cleansing, healing carried out by harnessing the consciousness of a dolphin, or "vortex experiences", in which participants "experience our human energy system interacting with the earth".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
And people wonder why these things get looked at wierdly. Seriously, if you are crazed enough to pay up to $10,000 to put your life in the hands of someone who will "Harness the spirit of a Dolphin" to heal you, aren't you getting what you deserve if you die in the process?

It's harsh, but Natural Selection and Darwinism don't really care about feelings. If you are this dumb, you are going to die.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yes, many people do stupid expensive things in hopes of a good time and/or quick enlightenment. see what happens when you mess with a higher power. dolphins have laser beams attached to their fricken heads.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, if you want to get more spiritual, dying is the best way. Gets rid of the material one, two, three....

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know a lot about this ritual, but here in the Southwest, it's an accepted practice.

The VA Medical Center here in Albuquerque even offers this service to veterans.

Like I said, I don't know a lot about it, but it's not just some weird cult practice.

This is not to be construed as an endorsement.

[edit on 2009/10/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm guessing that they used the wrong rocks.

If I remember correctly... certain rocks.. when heated really hot, emit carbon monoxide when doused with water.

It was in a plot of Columbo™ from years ago. I think it's rocks containing calcium carbonate... such as limestone or marble.

And carbon monoxide tends to accumulate in your body when you inhale it... see, it bonds to the hemoglobin more strongly than oxygen, and takes a while to leave your system. So in essence, your cells wind up suffocating.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

And people wonder why these things get looked at wierdly. Seriously, if you are crazed enough to pay up to $10,000 to put your life in the hands of someone who will "Harness the spirit of a Dolphin" to heal you, aren't you getting what you deserve if you die in the process?

It's harsh, but Natural Selection and Darwinism don't really care about feelings. If you are this dumb, you are going to die.

news.bbc.co.uk

what are you the dolphin princess? you have no idea wether or not dolphins have magical healing powers, and neither do i. not to put to fine a point on it, but it seems you started this thread to bash anything that doesnt fit in with your existing paradigm of reality, and to use the death of two people as ammunition for your arguments which are essentially baseless, because like i said, your not the dolphin princess.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Story is they got confused and used the hot rocks from the sweat bath and appplied them for the colon cleansing. Unfortuantely, the dolphin consciousness simply could spray enough water to save those poor as$$$$$s.

It kills me that people have that kind of money to waste while others are being kicked out of their homes after being laid off. I hope I dont sound overly sympathetic here.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Dunno where the connection with religious idiocy comes from... (just the ones that wind up killing people for no specific reason, not religion in general) but the steam house has been used for hundreds of years. In Norway / Sweden, one practice to do the sauna thing, whacking each other with twigs, then running around out in the snow to cool down. I don't think it has any specific religious connection. So... how a sauna, which is effectively what this was, is representative of religious zealotry is beyond me.

I just think they used the wrong rocks... (see above) or, it was a premeditated murder... like in the Colombo episode. (even if the rocks were tainted with some sort of poison and incluced in the steam rocks)

A traditional sauna features heated rocks that you pour water on.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Diet, exercise and meditation will take you farther than dolphin based colon cleansing.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The BBC is reporting this ??!!!???

Two accidental deaths at an obscure US resort makes national British news??

Are those people obsessed with us or what.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
BBC is bored indeed. It's unfortunate those people died. You know I laughed when I read the part about darwinism and "if you are this dumb you will die" That's harsh, though. You might be close to being right but that's harsh. Then on the note of darwinism this interesting thread draws out a roofmonkey. that roofmonkey has an avatar of what could be a colubus monkey. colubus is writing about episodes of columbo. and to top it off a fantastic point is made by one who asks the question "are you the dolphin princess?"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Are you implying that this is a bout of synchronicity?

Odd... but you may be right.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
First off anyone who doubts the powers of dolphins has never seen…Flipper!

Flipper, Flipper, Flipper
Faster than lightening

Let’s face it this is discrimination. Had they died doing the spirit of a Collie Cleansing no one would be bashing Lassie!

[edit on 9/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It is an ancient practice that they are mimicking.

Done by those properly trained, it has served communities for thousands of years.

These jokers commercialize it, "market" it up, and completely disregard anything that might cut into profit.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

news.bbc.co.uk

Two people have died and 19 others were taken to hospital after being overcome while in a sauna-like room at a spiritual retreat in Arizona.

The resort offers a wide range of treatments from massage to colon cleansing, healing carried out by harnessing the consciousness of a dolphin, or "vortex experiences", in which participants "experience our human energy system interacting with the earth".

Not a lot of dolphin activity here in Indiana. Sounds kind of (for lack of a better word) stupid.

Good post OP.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

um......I am the the best friend of the neighbor who went to school with the Dolphin Princess' 2nd cousin....that makes me a dolphin expert and I am calling this kind of retreat activity "crap" unless you can produce dolphin healing powers to change the OP's post and mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

indeed. and what with my own avatar i should have added that it was all spotted by a dragon

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
...hold on.....I am channeling Elvis....he says.......only Hound Dogs can be channeled for colon cleansing and he has the peanut butter banana filled colon to prove it......just reporting what I hear.....don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

if only elvis had routinely participated in routine digestive tract cleansing he would not have died embarassingly fat, a pawn to his controllers, and all while sh@#$ing on the pot. (well he still would have been a pawn, but he would have been a skinny and healthy pawn, and possibly saved his own name from becoming a metaphor for someone with huge potential but that ultimately self destructs in the end) elvis met his end because he had problems with his end

top topics

<<   2 >>

join